Jump to content

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County


Fosse69
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advert:


8 minutes ago, ginge said:

I forgot about RCG , but what has happened to David Fitzpatrick? Is he injured? He is the only one to not really have been given a go under Clarke... even Whitehead was tried .... 

Injury mate 

Not sure exactly what but the media guy asked him last week. He's close to a return but won't be tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know what Burgess has done so wrong compared to Joyce, Conlon and Taylor. They’re all basically the same ability and but for 3 or 4 games from Conlon produce the same quality. Throw him back in. At least put him in the squad, he offers more than some on there. Surely if Manny can manage even 45 strong minutes, he has to start - get it to a solid start and replace him later if needs be.

Manny looks well off the pace when he’s come on as sub in last two games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Manny comes back, it always takes him three or four games to get up to pace, then he’s a worldbeater for the next two or three, then he’s injured again. Last year’s big operation was billed as a last throw of the dice and I fear it hasn’t come off. I don’t think we can afford the three indifferent games before he’s firing on all cylinders. My guess is his career is tragically over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

When Manny comes back, it always takes him three or four games to get up to pace, then he’s a worldbeater for the next two or three, then he’s injured again. Last year’s big operation was billed as a last throw of the dice and I fear it hasn’t come off. I don’t think we can afford the three indifferent games before he’s firing on all cylinders. My guess is his career is tragically over.

He’s had a couple of games so maybe he’s ready? If he can give us 2 quality performances it will keep us up. Agree though him and amoo have looked really rusty since coming back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


9 minutes ago, valefan16 said:


The wink Clarke gave in his presser probably means he will start!

My money is on Pope starting against Colchester rather than Clarke blowing the big surprise in a tough game with Newport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, valefan16 said:


The wink Clarke gave in his presser probably means he will start!

The wink was about Fitzpatrick I quite like him least he passes to a white shirt ,calm on the ball and doesn't squander possession .

I will hope he gets a assist tomorrow can he who knows I mean the lad scored a howitzer v us for Macclesfield ,seems strange how players are decent against us .

I find it rather odd 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


36 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

The wink was about Fitzpatrick I quite like him least he passes to a white shirt ,calm on the ball and doesn't squander possession .

I will hope he gets a assist tomorrow can he who knows I mean the lad scored a howitzer v us for Macclesfield ,seems strange how players are decent against us .

I find it rather odd 

I like the flat back 4 approach at the moment to be honest. Just be solid stoppers and pass it out simply from the back (that’s the next stage). I’d like two overlapping dynamos getting up and down with the attack but there’s no point in asking players who can’t do that to try, as they just leave massive gaps at the back and get knackered. The defence can’t be blamed, there isn’t a stand out weak link since Clarke took over and we have conceded very few for how low in the league we are. If we go down it’s because we can’t score, and that’s because of not creative midfield play and impotent strikers. 

But we won’t go down. Conlon and Worrall to go big and pull it out the bag, that’s my prediction.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, windsorvale4ever said:

The last 2 games we've created enough chances to win the games so hopefully Tuesday we can take 2 or 3 of them chances and get a much needed win

How did we create enough chances to win against Bolton!?!? we didn’t create  1chance 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, mikey said:

not true  - BBC website says 10 shots 4 on target

Did we create a chance? Shots have nothing to do with it.

Did you watch them game? If so please enlighten me on all of these ‘chances’ and no I don’t mean long hopeful shots. 

Edited by PortVale4Life
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


6 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Did we create a chance? Shots have nothing to do with it.

Did you watch them game? If so please enlighten me on all of these ‘chances’ and no I don’t mean long hopefully shots. 

Spot on we created diddly squat ,there centre halfs were not tested at all and there goalie could have gone have a sit in the away end we were that hopeless ,a deflected Conlon shot and a situation where Legges got free at back post but headed it tamely to the keeper with not a Vale striker anywhere be seen .

If you see them the strikers that is let them know that you have to try get past the defender not pass it back to midfield player so he can pass it back to Smith who just passes it guess where back to Brown ,wow scintillating football I think not 

UTV 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Did we create a chance? Shots have nothing to do with it.

Did you watch them game? If so please enlighten me on all of these ‘chances’ and no I don’t mean long hopeful shots. 

Yes I watched the game - I recall that Joyce put one straight at the keeper that he should have scored, and Robinson put one wide that could have gone in on another day. We didnt exactly make their keeper earn his money, but there were chances. Bolton had one half chance and scored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mikey said:

Yes I watched the game - I recall that Joyce put one straight at the keeper that he should have scored, and Robinson put one wide that could have gone in on another day. We didnt exactly make their keeper earn his money, but there were chances. Bolton had one half chance and scored. 

Joyce shot was just a long shot. No way should he have scored. Robinson put what wide? He didn’t have a chance to score? We created no chances. Loads against Oldham but not against Bolton. Bolton were the same they created nothing other than that one lucky effort 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here

    Please check with site staff if you wish to sell, auction or raffle any items on here. We are very happy to support good causes but do ask you to check with us first - Contact us here




×
×
  • Create New...