onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

One game Pope will be starting and the opposition won't have a clue until an hour before kick off.

Clarke reckons this will give us an advantage in that game rather than him give us regular updates.

Pope is literally due back at any game now though

Problem with Pope IMHO he needs get match fit he also needs to get over the mental effect of playing with an injury of getting knocked over and bullied, he said himself coming back is not as easy as it sounds plus he's under pressure to impress DC to get a new contract, not good for Popey or us .

Advert

Guest Vale at home
8 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

When Pope is fit, keep it a secret and play him, why should we let the opponents know in advance. We should not get our hopes up with Tom, he has not played for weeks, we cannot expect him to hit the ground running.

3 minutes ago, Mario said:

Problem with Pope IMHO he needs get match fit he also needs to get over the mental effect of playing with an injury of getting knocked over and bullied, he said himself coming back is not as easy as it sounds plus he's under pressure to impress DC to get a new contract, not good for Popey or us .

Well said . I agree .

Guest Vale at home
9 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

When Pope is fit, keep it a secret and play him, why should we let the opponents know in advance. We should not get our hopes up with Tom, he has not played for weeks, we cannot expect him to hit the ground running.

Well said . 

10 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Yes. I agree . 

Heheh I'm always positive going into a game not so much after the game once we've not won. Again.

Bimble nice to see a positive opinion regarding our current situation. I’m wondering if your just a naturally positive person or on drugs. I hope it’s not the latter

Guest Vale at home
7 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Heheh I'm always positive going into a game emoji4.png not so much after the game emoji849.png once we've not won. Again.

No he not on Drugs.. He just wants what 100/% vale fan want is a win . Be for every Game .I alway think vale can win this Game . It’s only after the  Game we feel Let Down again . Please vale 3 points tomorrow night . Come on the vale . 

12 hours ago, Mario said:

I don't think he's under any pressure to impress. Clarke knows what Pope is all about, and given how shocking our forwards have been, I'd say he's nailed on our number 1 striker without even playing a game under Clarke. He'll be a massive boost to us when he's back.

21 hours ago, Conrad said:

He contributed at Cambridge when he scored.

correction, at Cheltenham 

Put me on for as many minutes he has played this season and id fancy my chances of getting one . In the 90 minutes for every game he plays bar a couple of moments hear and there he is next to useless doesnt do anything. Hes a passenger and as a winger 1 goal and 0 assists from however many games he has played is simply not good enough dont care how young he is. If he wants a career in football he needs to perform you dont get chance after chance because you're young. He needs to take his chance and he hasnt at all.

we can't afford passengers we have to many as it is. Seen enough of him now to know he isnt good enough

17 hours ago, Wrex said:

He turns 20 in May. If he can't get a game on Tuesday with Crookes and Montano out then he's never going to get a game.

Ryan C-G is a funny one. I thought he looked promising in the two glimpses we had of him in the Paintpot games. However, rather than pushing for a place this season, he's been completely out of the picture. 

I guess its one of those where it's a thin line between being a promising youth team graduate and making it as a professional - there's so many that fall by the wayside for so many reasons.

I guess it's a bit ask to throw him in from the cold in a match we desperately need a result from. Sadly, if that's the case and he isn't picked then he's looking odds on to be released in the summer - and another youth graduate bites the dust at Vale Park. We really have a poor recent record of progressing youngsters into the first-team.

Just now, ELDERBEZZA said:

The Colchester game is massive now!lLose that and very squeaky bum time !

Yeah that's the one I keep focusing on....

When I start worrying about us going down, I look at their fixtures to make me feel better. There are lots of scenarios that could happen, but if we beat them on Saturday then our chances of staying up increase significantly.

29 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Yeah that's the one I keep focusing on....

When I start worrying about us going down, I look at their fixtures to make me feel better. There are lots of scenarios that could happen, but if we beat them on Saturday then our chances of staying up increase significantly.

Imagine how the confidence will be after beating Newport.

2-0, I can genuinely see it now.

Manny, Amoo, Taylor all to start and finally a win!

setting us up nicely to for Colchester.

On 14/03/2021 at 10:46, robf said:

We've got a problem at left-back for this game which doesn't help. I can't see Crookes being fit if he wasn't able to continue on Saturday. 

We have problems all over the pitch Rob - not just left back.  With Swann going off and then Crookes, who will come in for them.  

Robinson for Swann - we might as well play with 10 players - having him on the pitch is like only having 10 players on the pitch.  Theo just does not show any interest in putting himself out for the team.  Was hoping he would bring something to the team when he came back - so was willing to give him a chance.  But no he didn't and was dropped by the management team at the time.

For Crookes - wonder if the young lad will make it to the squad we have on loan?

17 hours ago, Bimbleabout said:

2/0 to the Vale. This is the one guys emoji123.pngemoji4.png

So you have Newport scoring two own goals then.  😉

Stranger things happen in this league and you never know our strikers and midfield may go on a goal frenzy.  You can only hope we will finally score and then the flood gates open for us.

Archived