Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert:

8 hours ago, Doha said:

Smallsall next 3 - Bolton, Southend, Grimsby.

Interesting. Very interesting. 

I would love it, love it, full on Kevin Keegan style, if Southend stayed up at the expense of rapidly sinking Smallsall. Small town in Cannock yam yam soap dodging bstards. I would sacrifice a close super Vale away day quite happily to watch Highways Agency Utd slide into non-league and disappear forever. Crawley's 97th minute penalty tonight was as funny as that Swansea dive against the shìt last week.

In recent seasons I've begun to understand the deep hatred for the soap dodgers inset in the older Vale fan demographic, and I now consider them a bigger target than Crewe. Crewe is a banter day out selling their ramshackle shed out for them and goading the unfortunates in the Gresty creche end, Smallsall actually has some historical meaning in beating them. 

As great as it would be to be stood in the paddock next season chanting Clarke's name at the mutants as Vale score a fourth, I put it to all of you that Clarke jumping the sinking ship, keeping Vale up and Smallsall consequently going down, is infinitely funnier. 

The chairman seems a bit of a tool, not a massive tool like Smurthwaite but still a bit of a tool. He doesn't seem keen to invest either so even if they don't go down this season they might struggle next season

11 hours ago, valefan16 said:

In league One but with 2 down it’s generally on average far less. Season before last 42 was enough. I think 43-44 would be enough.

This season that's a definite possibility.

Yh I believe their chairman is at fault and its obvious that DC was the bit of string holding them together

The chairman seems a bit of a tool, not a massive tool like Smurthwaite but still a bit of a tool. He doesn't seem keen to invest either so even if they don't go down this season they might struggle next season
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

This is far from a normal season ,so probably a lower total.

You're probably right on that.  This season almost any team in this division is capable (and sometimes does) of beating any other side!

Advert:

Excellent result.

For the 1st 30 minutes last night it proved, again, that with a balanced, committed squad we are a match for anything in Division 2. 

The mystery has to be why oh why were we dragged so far down and who/what was responsible?

Perhaps DF and DC, as experienced managers, saw in their interviews what can be achieved here with the support of our fantastic owners. DC most certainly has started to ensure we are a difficult team to beat and with certain personnel available for selection last night, started to cement a belief that has been so lacking.

As fans we must believe and I for one am optimistic about the future. I know it was just one game last night but the seeds were there before and they are now sprouting!

All players gave what they could but in particular for me Conlon playing further upfield was the key. He is wasted playing just infront of the defence.

Well done all, and I bet DC had a beer or two last night, especially after Walsall's late sickener!!

• Like 4

Advert:

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

I suspect / hope after losing his head last night and posting what he did, that poster will be taking a bit of forced time out to re-evaluate.

Maybe he could spend it watching clips of Wozza and how awesome he is!

🙂

Just clicked. Absolutely shocking comment and should be ashamed of it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Caz or caz123 said:

Of course... you can rely on it 🙂 

Good, there’s no need for that sort of terminology, especially when we’ve got something to celebrate. We all have opinions but the common theme is that we all have PVFC in our hearts and soul

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Those Barrow goals.......wow!!

Some extremely last ditch defending in that game as well.

They're defo staying up!

crazy stuff.

that's the team top of the league they're playing. we've missed a trick being so bad this season as the league overall is dire.

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

but the common theme is that we all have PVFC in our hearts and soul

Apart from one manchild plastic scouser. Who for some bizarre reason posts on a Vale forum, constantly referring to Liverpool as "we". 

• Like 3

If we can play like that every game then we will be more than OK . So pleased for Carol and Kev ! Let hope this is just the beginning of a much smoother journey. Well done to the boys and to DC who seems to manage the game well. Knowing Newport seem do well at the death the result never seemed to be in doubt.

• Like 1