Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert:

Advert:

Advert:

The Brisley sub brought into clear focus the difference in tactical nous between Clarke and Askey. If JA was still here it would have been 4-4-3 till the very end and probably 0 points.

Very happy tonight, a win Saturday and we're safe I reckon.
To be fair, if JA had been allowed to play 443, he would have won a lot more games
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Doha said:

I was just beginning to photoshop his face on a picture of Jesus with all the wingbacks as lambs but it's too much effort. Take my word for it, bloke is a <ovf censored> miracle worker. Call Bishop Brennan, there's a class II relic in Clonrichkert Burslem. 

That would be an ecumenical matter! There's actually a pattern that's appeared on my skirting board that looks like Darrell Clarke, slightly miffed with his arms crossed...

Anyway, great win, just so relieved after that, was mashing the refresh button like a madman at the end there. That's also decided it for me, for the sake of the club I'm not watching another game this season. 8 games under Clarke; 6pts, 5 goals for. I've watched 4 of those games; 1pt, 0 goals for. Absolute curse.

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

He is the most infuriating footballer as he has every single ingredient to go a long way.

11 goals in his first full EFL season is a good return. If he can push on and hit 15, that's a superb first effort. Still needs loads of work but he is developing a knack for popping up with goals, despite his all-round play tonight being less than ideal. 

Interesting comments from Clarke, Rodney plays better when angry, he's too nice. Be interesting when the fans are back in then whether the atmosphere perks him up. 

Advert:

<ovf censored> GET IN!!!!!! Absolute rollercoaster of emotions, but we got over the line. 

That’s what we want to see, commitment to the cause and putting their bodies on the line. Also, a bit of luck and quality tonight.

Like a few of my fellow Valiants, I’m cracking a few cold ones tonight! UTV!!!

• Like 1