Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Alright lads, I don't like Robinson either, but I thought he put a reasonable shift in tonight. Not outstanding but wasn't a liability by any means. 

He still contributed absolutely zero in terms of attacking output, as per, but he pressed decently and definitely didn't look lazy. In my view, well done to Clarke for re-integrating him after he was effectively sacked in January. 

Argue he brought in players more than Guthrie, on tonights performance. Plays it more to feet.

Also thought he read the drop of the ball well for his half chance that was fifa finessing into the far right corner,  unlucky to get blocked off.

Hold up play in general was good, rather than flick on's he brought midfielders into play deeper in the attacking half. 

Thought it was a pretty selfless, motivated performance.

Hope he can nab a goal in the coming games and prove his worth if not for Vale, then any other club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know who it was and i'm not taking away the right to an opinion. But a while back someone despite Worrall being second to KDB in the entire country for assists still wasn't happy as he doesn't

Thank goodness for Worrall though  Team effort all excellent but he has literally ran through a brick wall with his dodgy ankle 

Sneering at Vale players who are selected to play is wrong what does it achieve ?

Posted Images

Superb performance, Legge and Smith immense at the back. Every player can walk off with pride after that

Effort and passion was there tonight. Hats off to DC, he got it spot on. Might have a couple of beers to calm my nerves!

Good win tonight and finally WE score the scrappy winner. Well done all involved. It’s done now move on to Saturday which is now a huge game! Get it done vale...

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Bet you are glad to be wrong about that FACT we wouldnt win again eh?

I have been telling everyone the negativity was turned up just a couple of notches too much!

Cracking win!! Time for a beer!

*This post is written in gentle jest*

Im over the moon mate honestly felt really emotional when final whistle went. Takes the pressure of us massively still need a couple of results but should have belief going into saturday now

weve all been critical but its because we have wanted to see performances like tonight yes we are lacking quality but we have been missing fight and guts which was there tonight. 

pretty sure tyler b isnt a vale fan he would be 30 posts deep if we had lost tonight but we win and he's nowhere to be seen and im pretty sure this was the case last time we won aswel. 

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Valepopey11 said:

This has been coming since the half kicked off, it was only a matter of time for <ovf censored> sake, im sick and tired of this

Nice to see you pop up as soon as we concede........hellloooooooo are you still here

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Doha said:

How are you always so consistently wrong about everything :laugh: From V2001 to the worst forward in the league, RZ always has it nailed. 

If you look further down the thread, some others can see what Theo adds to our game. His first touch is class and he sees what is going on around him. Hence the pointing. He would look better in a better team and probably score goals. As he has previously.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Advert:

Good comments from Clarke about Rodney.

Lovely polite lad I want to see him angry !! 

I know what he means Rodney can be so much better with some aggression. Hopefully Clarke can nurture him. 

11 goals in this season is a great return 

• Like 3

Just now, Rampant Zebra said:

If you look further down the thread, some others can see what Theo adds to our game. His first touch is class and he sees what is going on around him. Hence the pointing. He would look better in a better team and probably score goals. As he has previously.

You must be trolling. His first touch is class 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Im over the moon mate honestly felt really emotional when final whistle went. Takes the pressure of us massively still need a couple of results but should have belief going into saturday now

weve all been critical but its because we have wanted to see performances like tonight yes we are lacking quality but we have been missing fight and guts which was there tonight. 

pretty sure tyler b isnt a vale fan he would be 30 posts deep if we had lost tonight but we win and he's nowhere to be seen and im pretty sure this was the case last time we won aswel. 

Definitely mate, I was hyperventilating for the last 5 mins... my nerves can’t handle it!

Couldn't agree more on the fight and guts... of all the things I saw tonight it was a crunching tackle by Joyce in the first half that I loved the most!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Good comments from Clarke about Rodney.

Lovely polite lad I want to see him angry !! 

I know what he means Rodney can be so much better with some aggression. Hopefully Clarke can nurture him. 

11 goals in this season is a great return 

He is the most infuriating footballer as he has every single ingredient to go a long way.

11 goals in his first full EFL season is a good return. If he can push on and hit 15, that's a superb first effort. Still needs loads of work but he is developing a knack for popping up with goals, despite his all-round play tonight being less than ideal. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

You must be trolling. His first touch is class 😂😂😂😂

I may have mentioned it before that I am really not interested in what you think thanks. 

• Confused 1

It’s quite refreshing not having to come on here and slag every single player and coach off. 

Let’s put a run together now and forget this dreadful season.

• Like 1