Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert:

Absolutely fantastic. In this league if everyone is up for it anyone can beat anyone. That’s half the battle and they were right up for it tonight. Fantastic boys.

The backbone of the team is finally in place with 3/4 season gone lol

Posted (edited)

Monty a candidate for MOTM after weeks out with a hamstring injury. Full 90 mins of grit, well done son.

Edited by 1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Well fellow Valiants I did tell you. Keep the faith, the lads are gelling now and we WILL be safe.

Make that 6 from the next 2!

• Like 1

Advert:

Please give Dave Worrall the day off tomorrow. Still not sure about theo's running off the ball, but to a man they got stuck in, showed some grit and ground out result. Need this attitude till end of season, no excuses now

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

In the last few years the team with the lowest points that has stayed up has been on 43-48 points.

Apart from years where there have been two terrible teams, seems like you need 46 to really feel safe

• Thanks 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Alright lads, I don't like Robinson either, but I thought he put a reasonable shift in tonight. Not outstanding but wasn't a liability by any means. 

He still contributed absolutely zero in terms of attacking output, as per, but he pressed decently and definitely didn't look lazy. In my view, well done to Clarke for re-integrating him after he was effectively sacked in January. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

We finally manned up individually and as a team to battle out a proper result against a horrible typical L2 team who also know how to win games. 

Exceptionally well done to DC and the lads.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Wheres tyler b? 😂

Bet you are glad to be wrong about that FACT we wouldnt win again eh?

I have been telling everyone the negativity was turned up just a couple of notches too much!

Cracking win!! Time for a beer!

*This post is written in gentle jest*

Advert:

The Brisley sub brought into clear focus the difference in tactical nous between Clarke and Askey. If JA was still here it would have been 4-4-3 till the very end and probably 0 points.

Very happy tonight, a win Saturday and we're safe I reckon.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Dazzer has converted Zak Mills into something resembling a competent full back. Build the statue.

I was just beginning to photoshop his face on a picture of Jesus with all the wingbacks as lambs but it's too much effort. Take my word for it, bloke is a <ovf censored> miracle worker. Call Bishop Brennan, there's a class II relic in Clonrichkert Burslem. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5