onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Great nights sleep on me night off thanks Vale ,so nice wake up to a win feel on top of the world and a great boost before Colchester away .

I'd go same team again there is no need change let Oyeleke play his way to fitness as it allows Conlon get forwards and be a goal threat and that's a big goal for the captain so pleased for him shame that free kick didnt go in also .

That first half was really good passing it to one another Mills and Worrall linking Montano rampaging it was our best half of season  

More of that for both halfs and we will be safe 

UTV 

Advert

Just watching the highlights for the 10th time

They really are a nasty team... For Joyce's booking their lad runs across him first and leads with what looks like an elbow to the chest... they then separate and come together again and he goes down like a sack of spuds.

Makes the victory even more sweet

25 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
36 minutes ago, rider1308 said:
Ps before anyone scoffs I meant a big west mids derby game for us lower down the midlands footballing pyramid!!!! 

The days when anyone dreaming of playing the Wolves or the Baggies in a league game would need medication, never mind beating them. But the wheels of fortune spun, and then spun again, how long to wait for the next spin.

🤞🏼

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I don't know who it was and i'm not taking away the right to an opinion. But a while back someone despite Worrall being second to KDB in the entire country for assists still wasn't happy as he doesn't score enough goals .

Worrall since Askey gave him a chance after he was jettisoned by Aspin has been a revelation. 

His work rate and energy are absolutely pivotal to our team. Even on an off day and he will have many of those, he still goes off having left every drop of energy on that pitch.

Bearing in mind he had a scan a couple of weeks ago he's maybe been rushed back and asked to give it a go by Clarke. He destroyed Oldham last week but nobody was prepared to gamble and again last night a brilliant display.

Down on his haunches , we are all thinking oh no here we go  again, he gets up cracks on with it and sets up the winner. He must be absolutely cream crackered this morning after that display of commitment.

But....he doesn't score enough goals apparently !! 

Superb Worrall , absolutely brilliant display with pride in the shirt.

I suspect / hope after losing his head last night and posting what he did, that poster will be taking a bit of forced time out to re-evaluate.

Maybe he could spend it watching clips of Wozza and how awesome he is!

🙂

Yh I thought this as well. The ref let them get away with murder and we were very lucky not to pick up any more bad injuries because of them. They deserved to lose because of this amongst other things.

Just watching the highlights for the 10th time
They really are a nasty team... For Joyce's booking their lad runs across him first and leads with what looks like an elbow to the chest... they then separate and come together again and he goes down like a sack of spuds.
Makes the victory even more sweet

8 hours ago, Doha said:

Smallsall next 3 - Bolton, Southend, Grimsby.

Interesting. Very interesting. 

I would love it, love it, full on Kevin Keegan style, if Southend stayed up at the expense of rapidly sinking Smallsall. Small town in Cannock yam yam soap dodging bstards. I would sacrifice a close super Vale away day quite happily to watch Highways Agency Utd slide into non-league and disappear forever. Crawley's 97th minute penalty tonight was as funny as that Swansea dive against the shìt last week.

In recent seasons I've begun to understand the deep hatred for the soap dodgers inset in the older Vale fan demographic, and I now consider them a bigger target than Crewe. Crewe is a banter day out selling their ramshackle shed out for them and goading the unfortunates in the Gresty creche end, Smallsall actually has some historical meaning in beating them. 

As great as it would be to be stood in the paddock next season chanting Clarke's name at the mutants as Vale score a fourth, I put it to all of you that Clarke jumping the sinking ship, keeping Vale up and Smallsall consequently going down, is infinitely funnier. 

The chairman seems a bit of a tool, not a massive tool like Smurthwaite but still a bit of a tool. He doesn't seem keen to invest either so even if they don't go down this season they might struggle next season

Yh I believe their chairman is at fault and its obvious that DC was the bit of string holding them together

The chairman seems a bit of a tool, not a massive tool like Smurthwaite but still a bit of a tool. He doesn't seem keen to invest either so even if they don't go down this season they might struggle next season

Excellent result.

For the 1st 30 minutes last night it proved, again, that with a balanced, committed squad we are a match for anything in Division 2. 

The mystery has to be why oh why were we dragged so far down and who/what was responsible?

Perhaps DF and DC, as experienced managers, saw in their interviews what can be achieved here with the support of our fantastic owners. DC most certainly has started to ensure we are a difficult team to beat and with certain personnel available for selection last night, started to cement a belief that has been so lacking.

As fans we must believe and I for one am optimistic about the future. I know it was just one game last night but the seeds were there before and they are now sprouting!

All players gave what they could but in particular for me Conlon playing further upfield was the key. He is wasted playing just infront of the defence.

Well done all, and I bet DC had a beer or two last night, especially after Walsall's late sickener!!

Archived