onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert

Personally and perhaps wrongly, I'm half hoping that we do just enough to survive so that DC isn't tempted to offer anyone a new contract. Don't trust many of our players after this seasons efforts by and large

See? The players are good enough to win a game!
We are staying up.
Still all the play for as the players have to prove to Clarke that they are worth a place in next season's squad.

If you look further down the thread, some others can see what Theo adds to our game. His first touch is class and he sees what is going on around him. Hence the pointing. He would look better in a better team and probably score goals. As he has previously.

Agreed

Theo isn’t going to run and run , that’s not his game . But he linked the play nicely and held it up well . Let’s face it we don’t have anyone else fit who can play as a target man so might as well get behind him . Classic fans way though , unless they put a foot in and run around a lot, then they aren’t a good player ?!

Criticism isn’t fair when he’s had a steady game. Probably needs a run of games which he just hasn’t had all season . People say the players don’t read the forum’s but I’m sure they do sometimes.

Great result

26 minutes ago, 1 said:

Monty a candidate for MOTM after weeks out with a hamstring injury. Full 90 mins of grit, well done son.

Different team with Monty. He helps drive the team forward and is capable of passing the ball.

Mills did his bit too going forward. He had a decent game.

Legge and Smith won their battles.

Joyce never seen, so again he had a good game. Dont need to see him but he is always there.

Conlon great first half. Thought he took a breather second half for 20 mins but he is a ' footballer '

Sorry but Robinson looks poor. Always a yard off the pace, as if he doesnt want to be involved. He has to play him again on Saturday to try and build team confidence but not for me.

Rodney got the lucky scrappy goal. Yes about time. Not the best game from him though.

Excellent performance overall. Newport a decent team but some horrible players. Glad they lost.

Another win now a.s.a.p. would be brill

1 minute ago, dazzerjames said:

Agreed

Theo isn’t going to run and run , that’s not his game . But he linked the play nicely and held it up well . Let’s face it we don’t have anyone else fit who can play as a target man so might as well get behind him . Classic fans way though , unless they put a foot in and run around a lot, then they aren’t a good player ?!

Criticism isn’t fair when he’s had a steady game. Probably needs a run of games which he just hasn’t had all season . People say the players don’t read the forum’s but I’m sure they do sometimes.

Great result

Thought Rodney held the ball up much better than Robinson when he was the lone striker. 

I'm very happy to look stupid after predicting we wouldn't win this.

The thought of going out of the league has been giving me a lot of sleepless nights.

Long way to go though still, but this win was gargantuan. Feels like a monkey off our back and hopefully gives the squad some confidence.

4 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Different team with Monty. He helps drive the team forward and is capable of passing the ball.

Mills did his bit too going forward. He had a decent game.

Legge and Smith won their battles.

Joyce never seen, so again he had a good game. Dont need to see him but he is always there.

Conlon great first half. Thought he took a breather second half for 20 mins but he is a ' footballer '

Sorry but Robinson looks poor. Always a yard off the pace, as if he doesnt want to be involved. He has to play him again on Saturday to try and build team confidence but not for me.

Rodney got the lucky scrappy goal. Yes about time. Not the best game from him though.

Excellent performance overall. Newport a decent team but some horrible players. Glad they lost.

Another win now a.s.a.p. would be brill

🇨🇴 

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Personally and perhaps wrongly, I'm half hoping that we do just enough to survive so that DC isn't tempted to offer anyone a new contract. Don't trust many of our players after this seasons efforts by and large

Talk about cup half empty. I’m now calculating where we’re picking the points up for our late run into the playoffs. 👊🏻

9 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Will the moderators take the necessary action.?

Sack him off. 

Great win for us tonight, all Vale fans should be pleased with that and if they aren't, well they are probably a Liverpool or Stoke fan. 

Archived