onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert

We didnt create anything against Bolton. Half hit shots that are blocked within a yard are not chances. Our forwards always seem to make the wrong choices in front of goal, whether its shooting when the better option is a square ball to a free man or taking it on when a first time shot is the better option. The forwards are totally devoid of confidence and getting that back is a hard task.

1 minute ago, The man in the pub said:

Will be very interested to see the team selection. Not sure who we pick and what formation we play to score a goal.

Our uncertainty over the team/formation is probably enhanced due to our lack of information regarding injuries/fitness of various players, something the manager is reluctant to give us.

Our uncertainty over the team/formation is probably enhanced due to our lack of information regarding injuries/fitness of various players, something the manager is reluctant to give us.

Also the uncertainty over what the manager is actually thinking as it appears to change match to match

I'm not sure which two go with up front maybe Guthrie and Robinson ,do not think he as tried that combination yet ,Guthries link up play is good and he can get Worrall or Rodney away then Robinson should defo be able bury last Tuesdays situations created if created again this evening .

Think I'd go with that no Rodney and someone please unless its Pope .

We played the form team on sat and if that's the best this league can offer than theres no reason why tonight can not be Vales night in fact I'm going stick my neck out and say it will be .

3-0 Vale 

Seriously what did we create? Shooting from outside the box from headed clearance isn’t us creating a chance. We created chances against Oldham, we didn’t create anything ourselves against Bolton. Joyce and Robinsons snap shots are not us creating chances. 
Shooting from outside the box from a clearance may not be creating a chance, but it got Cambridge 3 points.
I'd take that any day.

19 hours ago, windsorvale4ever said:

The last 2 games we've created enough chances to win the games so hopefully Tuesday we can take 2 or 3 of them chances and get a much needed win

Why, have we suddenly signed a forward? If Pope isn't fit nothing will change. When are people gonna stop suddenly expecting the likes of Guthrie and Robinson to score goals for us. We can create as many chances as we like, it doesn't really matter, we're now absolutely toothless in front of goal. Our forward's don't score, our midfielders don't score. I'd be very surprised if we score more than 1 goal in any of the remaining games this season.

Presuming that there is some sort of logic to the process of who is picked upfront... should Cullen get a start?

I know he's not got near last season's form... but he's canny, can be creative and he's got a knack of scoring at Vale Park. 

Yes, he's injury prone but with the increased number of subs allowed, is it worth the risk?

I'm not saying he's the answer to our prayers but beggars can't be choosers and I would think he's got a better chance of scoring than some of the other choices.

42 minutes ago, robf said:

Presuming that there is some sort of logic to the process of who is picked upfront... should Cullen get a start?

I know he's not got near last season's form... but he's canny, can be creative and he's got a knack of scoring at Vale Park. 

Yes, he's injury prone but with the increased number of subs allowed, is it worth the risk?

I'm not saying he's the answer to our prayers but beggars can't be choosers and I would think he's got a better chance of scoring than some of the other choices.

We seem to have tried everyone else with little joy. Cullen has not been given a start recently and ok he isnt a goal machine but none of our strikers are and he is probably worth  45 mins  as one of a front two. 

Archived