onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Well I'm off tonight all I will say is if you play as well as v Oldham last tues but with the goals this time,then a wins incoming , just hope you choose Clarke the right team with the right blend up front the pressures on I expect see at least 2 Vale goals I hope you are in the ear of the strikers saying you can do this ,Score that is ,come on someone smash one in from 30 yards believe in yourselves ,make sure you come off that pitch with a win and a mentality when you take the pitch of nothing less 3 points for the fans who love you not the 50 odd who slag you off the 5000 silent ones ,now get to it

UTV 

Advert

9 hours ago, 1 said:

I think we’re looking at another clean sheet tomorrow.

We are crap in possession, so maybe knocking it around a bit will build some confidence, as soon as it gets to a Vale player they like smash it up to whoever’s there, regardless of whether or not they can actually run.

I can feel it in my balls that a win is coming tomorrow - a <ovf censored> goal from a set piece. Bet.

Do you mean another clean sheet in the fact we don't score again.  🤪

Hope the team find their scoring boots and put a few goals past their goalie and take some confidence from it.  You can only hope.

24 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Half chances

Ultimately apart from the save with legs by the Oldham keeper we have not tested him or the Bolton keeper with anything worthwhile.

Unfortunately for us the efforts in both games have mainly been in the midriff of the keeper and they have made relatively comfortable saves.

The Theo one was just a nonchalant flick over his shoulder which whilst looking fancy wouldn't of troubled my granny. 

We aren't working the keeper enough, just huffing and puffing really with zero end product. 

1 minute ago, Eddie Ford said:

The point does not stand.

You are deluded if you think Theo’s snap shot volley from out of nowhere is a chance

Just goes to show, if someone is locked into a viewpoint and can only see the negative then they can misinterpret posts very easily.

Have a good day Eddie, I hope you get to find a bit of positivity in it somewhere... anywhere.

To be fair Conlon and Joyce chances were decent enough, Conlon just needed composure to score and is no harder than the chance they scored, in fact fairly similar, their lad scuffs it into the net, Conlon hits his too clean and it hits the defender in the way.

Joyce that one really irritated me because they’d gone to sleep, he had so much space place it far top corner but he drills it at the keeper! If he misses just top left of goal fair enough but to rifle it at the keeper with that much time. Probably wanted Conlon on that chance mind.

Oldham was poor finishing, Pope gets those chances first half its game over but Guthrie was weak in the header. We had chances, decent ones but didn’t test the keeper.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Point stands... to say we created nothing isn’t true.

Seriously what did we create? Shooting from outside the box from headed clearance isn’t us creating a chance. We created chances against Oldham, we didn’t create anything ourselves against Bolton. Joyce and Robinsons snap shots are not us creating chances. 

29 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

100%

People bang on about we should have hammered Oldham but we made the keeper work once and that was that

Vale never even made the Bolton keeper work.

You did however forget to mention all the penalties we won against both Oldham & Bolton 🤭

DC seems to realise we didn’t create anything against Bolton and lacked quality. His interview yesterday was great just hope we can get a win now. 

24 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Seriously what did we create? Shooting from outside the box from headed clearance isn’t us creating a chance. We created chances against Oldham, we didn’t create anything ourselves against Bolton. Joyce and Robinsons snap shots are not us creating chances. 

I'm not saying we created lots... I have simply made the point that "We created nothing" is not true.

Conlon shot from Legge Throw

Worrall shot INSIDE the box in the last 15 mins

Joyce shot INSIDE the box in the last 15 mins... It wasn't a snap shot, he had time and took a strike.,... a good strike... no. But it was a chance.

Were they great chances... no, were they great efforts, no.

On another day could Conlons effort gone in... yes... therefore chance.

Would a more confident or better striker have scored with the Worral and Joyce efforts... maybe... therefore chance.

But everyone is so down (quite rightly) at the moment that we are looking at everything through a super negative lens. Its simply not true to say we created NOTHING. Because we did... Call them half chances if you want.... but creating nothing means we had no shots at all, Like Colchester did against Grimsby.

Again we've got the easiest fixture of the bottom sides.

Colchester - salford away

Barrow - cheltenham away

Grimsby - Tranmere away tomorrow

Then Saturday:

Vale colchester

southend scunthorpe

Barrow have crawley at home

We could be 10 points or more clear of southend by Ant and Dec's saturday night takeaway. Come on Vale

Colchester have won one of the last 18, and in that game against Carlisle they got hammered by shot after shot after shot, and scored a penalty. 

5 minutes ago, 1 said:

Barrow - cheltenham away

Then Saturday:

Vale colchester

southend scunthorpe

We could be 10 points or more clear of southend by Ant and Dec's saturday night takeaway. Come on Vale

Colchester have won one of the last 18, and in that game against Carlisle they got hammered by shot after shot after shot, and scored a penalty. 

More like "Clarke and Flitcroft's" Giveaway by Saturday night or bloody "POINTLESS" 🤔

38 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I'm not saying we created lots... I have simply made the point that "We created nothing" is not true.

Conlon shot from Legge Throw

Worrall shot INSIDE the box in the last 15 mins

Joyce shot INSIDE the box in the last 15 mins... It wasn't a snap shot, he had time and took a strike.,... a good strike... no. But it was a chance.

Were they great chances... no, were they great efforts, no.

On another day could Conlons effort gone in... yes... therefore chance.

Would a more confident or better striker have scored with the Worral and Joyce efforts... maybe... therefore chance.

But everyone is so down (quite rightly) at the moment that we are looking at everything through a super negative lens. Its simply not true to say we created NOTHING. Because we did... Call them half chances if you want.... but creating nothing means we had no shots at all, Like Colchester did against Grimsby.

I think we maybe just differ on the definition of a chance. For me us having a shot dosent meant it was a chance. It was just a shot. I really don’t think we created anything against Bolton. Maybe I dozed off in the game can’t remember the Worrall shot. Honestly. Imo as a team we didn’t create any openings or genuine opportunities to score. 

Hope we create a load of chances tonight and get the 3 points. 

25 minutes ago, 1 said:

Barrow - cheltenham away

Then Saturday:

Vale colchester

southend scunthorpe

Grimsby's are at home to Tranmere

Archived