onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert

8 minutes ago, ginge said:

I forgot about RCG , but what has happened to David Fitzpatrick? Is he injured? He is the only one to not really have been given a go under Clarke... even Whitehead was tried .... 

Injury mate 

Not sure exactly what but the media guy asked him last week. He's close to a return but won't be tomorrow

I don’t know what Burgess has done so wrong compared to Joyce, Conlon and Taylor. They’re all basically the same ability and but for 3 or 4 games from Conlon produce the same quality. Throw him back in. At least put him in the squad, he offers more than some on there. Surely if Manny can manage even 45 strong minutes, he has to start - get it to a solid start and replace him later if needs be.

Manny looks well off the pace when he’s come on as sub in last two games

When Manny comes back, it always takes him three or four games to get up to pace, then he’s a worldbeater for the next two or three, then he’s injured again. Last year’s big operation was billed as a last throw of the dice and I fear it hasn’t come off. I don’t think we can afford the three indifferent games before he’s firing on all cylinders. My guess is his career is tragically over.

33 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

When Manny comes back, it always takes him three or four games to get up to pace, then he’s a worldbeater for the next two or three, then he’s injured again. Last year’s big operation was billed as a last throw of the dice and I fear it hasn’t come off. I don’t think we can afford the three indifferent games before he’s firing on all cylinders. My guess is his career is tragically over.

He’s had a couple of games so maybe he’s ready? If he can give us 2 quality performances it will keep us up. Agree though him and amoo have looked really rusty since coming back 

9 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

The wink Clarke gave in his presser probably means he will start!

My money is on Pope starting against Colchester rather than Clarke blowing the big surprise in a tough game with Newport

54 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

The wink Clarke gave in his presser probably means he will start!

The wink was about Fitzpatrick I quite like him least he passes to a white shirt ,calm on the ball and doesn't squander possession .

I will hope he gets a assist tomorrow can he who knows I mean the lad scored a howitzer v us for Macclesfield ,seems strange how players are decent against us .

I find it rather odd 

36 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

The wink was about Fitzpatrick I quite like him least he passes to a white shirt ,calm on the ball and doesn't squander possession .

I will hope he gets a assist tomorrow can he who knows I mean the lad scored a howitzer v us for Macclesfield ,seems strange how players are decent against us .

I find it rather odd 

I like the flat back 4 approach at the moment to be honest. Just be solid stoppers and pass it out simply from the back (that’s the next stage). I’d like two overlapping dynamos getting up and down with the attack but there’s no point in asking players who can’t do that to try, as they just leave massive gaps at the back and get knackered. The defence can’t be blamed, there isn’t a stand out weak link since Clarke took over and we have conceded very few for how low in the league we are. If we go down it’s because we can’t score, and that’s because of not creative midfield play and impotent strikers. 

But we won’t go down. Conlon and Worrall to go big and pull it out the bag, that’s my prediction.

Archived