onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

2 hours ago, Vale at home said:

No he not on Drugs.. He just wants what 100/% vale fan want is a win . Be for every Game .I alway think vale can win this Game . It’s only after the  Game we feel Let Down again . Please vale 3 points tomorrow night . Come on the vale . 

Like most fans, we hope Vale will win and this league has shown any team can beat any other team on the day.  

Now the defence is nearly sorted, you know the opposition will only need 1 chance and they will score it and win the game 1-0 now, instead of the 3 or 4 goals.

Hopefully, we will see a Vale team go out and try.  3 points will be a nice thought and help keep us in this league.

Advert

DC is going to play a 2 5 3 it will be his defining moment so far! Let's go Vale, Saturdays gone now. It's all about Tuesday. Get at them and let's smash them ktf UTV

So you have Newport scoring two own goals then.  
Stranger things happen in this league and you never know our strikers and midfield may go on a goal frenzy.  You can only hope we will finally score and then the flood gates open for us.

16 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

We have problems all over the pitch Rob - not just left back.  With Swann going off and then Crookes, who will come in for them.  

Robinson for Swann - we might as well play with 10 players - having him on the pitch is like only having 10 players on the pitch.  Theo just does not show any interest in putting himself out for the team.  Was hoping he would bring something to the team when he came back - so was willing to give him a chance.  But no he didn't and was dropped by the management team at the time.

For Crookes - wonder if the young lad will make it to the squad we have on loan?

RCG could come in. He has always impressed me but never really given a chance in the first team. I'm hoping Robinson dosent make the squad again this season even if we have to start a game with less players

46 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

If we win tomorrow and the follow that up Saturday we’d be almost there I’d think, couple of draws or the odd win required then.

It’s that close to swinging in our favour but can we do it?

This is what makes it so agonising.

It wouldnt actually take much to make us safe.

But we look absolutely incapable at the moment.

In terms of quality this has got to be the worst division I've ever known. And we are 4th bottom of it and looking hopeless.

Depressing!

Ok the more I think about Vales ineptitude the more annoyed I get .

Tomorrow night after seeing the last 7 games under new management here is a few conclusions and I think the evidence to know what I am saying is true .

Robinson is working hard but never looks like scoring and I'm sorry say seems to lack the desire get the goals to see us safe 

Rodney is not a centre forward in fact I'd go as far to say he as not turned up to any game under Clark whether that's his allegiance to Askey I have no idea but not liking his performances at all .

Conlon needs removing from midfield and back to further up the pitch to the end we are attacking ,why because he is creative ,he is not a stopper and plays well when we are doing the high press ,his performances in midfield defensively ok going the other way he as being atrocious .

Cullen comes on for small bursts in games he holds the ball up and links the play however he as not being used thus far under Clarke why I have no idea he certainly can score but not if only getting limited time on pitch .

Guthrie links the play well but has no confidence do what he needs to be doing and thats scoring however him being dropped v Bolton was now looking back at that game a mistake it should have being Rodney dropped as I wouldnt score Rodney over a 4 in all the 7 games he as played under Clarke yet he is picked anyway .

Burgess did ok v Stevenage and had the only shot on goal what I enjoyed from distance in last 7 games yet has found himself out of the squad ,play him up front looks like he as a shot on him .

Joyce quite underwhelmed with his performances ,drive us forwards man.

Here is a message for Darrell Clark before another must win game ,if you are happy to draw your way through the season with defensive shape (it's ok but we are still losing by the odd goal )and are too scared to go for it you will not get any sympathy off me ,you say you watch the game after every game well what have you seen in Rodney up front because after watching football for 44 years I can wholeheartedly tell you he is doing nothing ,and what's your obsession with defensive midfielders get forwards score goals then go defensive .

UTV 

4 points from the next two games will soothe the nerves of some on here.  Dunner fret Valiants.  We are going to be safe.

8 points should be enough as with GD leaves Southend needing 15 from 11 which is a big ask for them to win 5 or draw 3 win 4 with their overall form.

So even 4 points wouldn’t be the worst outcome. 2 wins though and we can go Crawley thinking we could all but end the danger which would be nice.

9 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

4 points from the next two games will soothe the nerves of some on here.  Dunner fret Valiants.  We are going to be safe.

Ahahaha yeah and we can hardly be confident we are going to pick up 4 points from the next two games id be surprised if we picked up one point. We have a squad that are serial losers 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

RCG could come in. He has always impressed me but never really given a chance in the first team. I'm hoping Robinson dosent make the squad again this season even if we have to start a game with less players

With Gutherie he does try and takes a defender with him.  Just needs a goal to boost his confidence.  As Pope says, strikers need confidence to score and going games without scoring makes you take an extra touch and you spiral down.

Just now, PVFC764 said:

With Gutherie he does try and takes a defender with him.  Just needs a goal to boost his confidence.  As Pope says, strikers need confidence to score and going games without scoring makes you take an extra touch and you spiral down.

Going by that logic guthrie will need 30+ touches to get a strike away to score 🤣

I don’t know what Burgess has done so wrong compared to Joyce, Conlon and Taylor. They’re all basically the same ability and but for 3 or 4 games from Conlon produce the same quality. Throw him back in. At least put him in the squad, he offers more than some on there. Surely if Manny can manage even 45 strong minutes, he has to start - get it to a solid start and replace him later if needs be.

I would try 4-3-3 for this one now we have our strongest widemen back.

The left back position is going to be problematic, and I’m hoping Monty will be back, however I doubt he will be.

Therefore, I would go with the following:

Brown

Smith  Brisley  Legge  Mills

Joyce 

Manny     Conlon

Amoo    Rodney  Worrall

I remember Askey saying once we have never lost with a combination of Joyce, Manny and Conlon in midfield (I actually think we have since, but not many times), so I would got back to a tried and tested formula.

I would hope by making Rodney the main man, he steps up to the plate (like he did at Bolton away) and that Amoo can drift inside and get on the end of Worrall’s crosses. Also, although Manny has looked poor in his cameo appearances, he still has the quality in his locker to provide an assist or get a rare goal. 

Again, I will be putting myself through the torture of watching and hope our luck/quality changes. Keeping everything crossed. Come on Vale!!! 

Archived