onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

50 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

hows the pope doing, any word on when he will return?, we are crying out for him in the box... plus with him in the team, it will buck the others up, a goal or more will bring the confidence back... I HOPE.

He won’t be tic tacking at Cheltenham due to his shoulder/arm,so he can ,at least give it a rest.

Advert

28 minutes ago, ginge said:

Id go with

Brown

Mussy Legge Smith

Mills Joyce Conlon Hurst

Worrall Guthrie Rodney 

Hurst literally does nothing every single game dont see what anyone sees in the lad. He slows the play time every time he gets it. Never contributes anything positive going forward running around like a headless chicken. Effort is there quality is not. 

id start amoo

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Hurst literally does nothing every single game dont see what anyone sees in the lad. He slows the play time every time he gets it. Never contributes anything positive going forward running around like a headless chicken. Effort is there quality is not. 

id start amoo

He reminds me of ryan lloyd

2 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

id start amoo

He contributed at Cambridge when he scored.

correction, at Cheltenham 

My team if Crookes is crocked .

Brown

Legge Smith Brisley 

Worrall Oyeleke Burgess Taylor Rodney 

Conlon 

Pope (Swann if fit  or Guthrie or Cullen ) not Rodney or Robinson ever they are not to the standard of league football as strikers unfortunately a player in sunday league would be more dangerous yet Rodney's ok on the wing (either).

So it's a 3 -5 -1 -1 

Hopefully Oyeleke is up to speed Worrall and Rodney as your get past there  players and make runs in behind all game full backs and wingers ,and Burgess as the surprise package who will hit one  like v Stevenage and give Vale park lift off and the Vale will grow in confidence through  that .

Heard Pope is ready (good source )but if  he ain't for  all Guthrie bashing he at least links the play up and hopefully a positive midfielder will get in there and slot a goal in for every Vale fan there is after good work from him releasing Worrall for the positive I'm not going sit in front of our 3 defenders as I'm a defensive midfielder approach to I'm going score for Vale because I love them attacking midfielder who wants get in there and score (thats not Joyce then as he is usually holding hands with defence ,come think of it so is Conlon ,it doesn't work play attacking midfielders and GO for it ,two number 8s so what 

UTV 

Brown 

Smith Olagunju Legge Mills 

Worrall Conlon Taylor Hurst

Rodney AN other 

I can't see Swan being fit , likewise Monty. 

A risk with no Joyce and I know Taylor anonymous so far but we need a goal from somewhere that's why he's in my team. Conlon has been so deep he might as well play the Joyce role anyway. 

Think we have to have Worrall, Amoo, Jake Taylor and possibly Cullen into the side if we want to try and score a goal, having said that think this may be the game to give Rodney a rest ahead of the Colchester match, whatever side you pick though it’s not great and looks unbalanced with the injuries.

I’d therefore try

Brown

Mills / Smith / Legge / Montano(If Fit-If not suppose it will have to be Hurst)

Worrall / Joyce / Conlon / Amoo

Taylor

Cullen

Rodney to come on after 65-70 mins for the tiring Cullen or Amoo.

This will be another tough game and it’s currently hard to see a win coming, surely we are due a scrappy 1-0 win sometime!

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Brown 

Smith Olagunju Legge Mills 

Worrall Conlon Taylor Hurst

Rodney AN other 

I can't see Swan being fit , likewise Monty. 

A risk with no Joyce and I know Taylor anonymous so far but we need a goal from somewhere that's why he's in my team. Conlon has been so deep he might as well play the Joyce role anyway. 

Brisley will play before Mussy, another wasted signing who’s probably decent but in an oversubscribed area.

Archived