Virtual Meeting

Crosby has said he wants to be a manager, not an assistant/coach, and he's expected to be named as Northern Ireland U21 head coach on a permanent basis so I think his stay here is just temporary

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Warren said:

Some of the answers tonight about the sporting fitness side were staggering. I hadn't realised how unprofessional we have been. So that is being resolved. We have been failing for the whole this century bar a couple of seasons and a lot of that has to do with not having a framework in place. 

Which ones did you think meant we were unprofessional? I only read the one answer he gave in the sentinel recap.  

11 hours ago, Doha said:

Never realised before how much Flitcroft looks like Higgy from This is England '86 :laugh:

Currently you are all in the danger zone. But I'm only here to break the Gingers jaw....

EwOLO22XIAEZLcb?format=jpg&name=900x900

MV5BYzFjZWIyYWQtMjg1NS00NDZkLWFlZDgtM2JlOGZkYWRmN2FiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDczNjI2MzU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

thats conlon on the right surely

4 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Which ones did you think meant we were unprofessional? I only read the one answer he gave in the sentinel recap.  

the main one was that none of the newly signed players were given a medical!

I wonder If Flitcrofts contract is a rolling 12 month deal, if not it would expire part way through next season?

Gives some stability, and a definitive settlement should we decide it’s not working or should he choose to pursue another opportunity within the game

One of my big concerns with the appointment of Flitcroft was that I don't think he was done with management and if an offer came along that interested him, he'd be off and we'd be back to square one again. He was asked about his desire to still manage again and he gave a long answer that didn't answer the question. As he's only got a 12 month contract, it's still a concern to me.

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

What was your question?

I just asked what the reasoning was, behind not just giving a very brief statement on Manny, like Man U did with De Gea, that he was away for "personal reasons", instead of letting people think he was injured yet again. That with his injury history, I believe it was doing him a disservice, as people became increasingly agitated with him, slagging him off on a new level, instead of giving him our sympathy and best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

I just asked what the reasoning was, behind not just giving a very brief statement on Manny, like Man U did with De Gea, that he was away for "personal reasons", instead of letting people think he was injured yet again. That with his injury history, I believe it was doing him a disservice, as people became increasingly agitated with him, slagging him off on a new level, instead of giving him our sympathy and best wishes.

Perhaps your question was included in the  medical and Fitness Review being undertaken.  If effective it should limit the reduced availability of players,  it is then up to the club and the player how they explain similar instances,

Would love to see the club do some more official partnership work moving forward. 

I would love to do a photography project on the club...

www.nickbarberphotography.co.uk

2 hours ago, geoff1 said:

the main one was that none of the newly signed players were given a medical!

Really? Did Clarke come out and say that. I missed that comment. 

No data on players pre-season personal training. No monitoring of what they were getting up to in their 5 months off. No data on who had Covid. Sporadic due diligence in recruitment in terms of medical assessments. What the hell was Askey doing? Dreadful. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Doha said:

No data on players pre-season personal training. No monitoring of what they were getting up to in their 5 months off. No data on who had Covid. Sporadic due diligence in recruitment in terms of medical assessments. What the hell was Askey doing? Dreadful. 

Non league manager, non league mentality.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Doha said:

All sorts of stuff was mentioned. Who trains, who doesn't, they don't or didn't know for sure. What players did, did they spend too much time running on roads. Injuries were due to this along with training on different pitches, not being monitored or set targets, etc - A mess!

16 hours ago, Joe B said:

Paine is very, very talented.

image.png.d017791479ad6d9682ff875b8eba60f5.png

On reflection, I think it would be really nice if this was the cover of the programme for the first home game next season.

I'm hoping it'll be a decent opponent and we could have another Burton Easter 2013 style campaign around aiming for a five figure crowd, given the 16 months away. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On the injury topic, Darrell said the switch between grass and astroturf is a problem. While this is true to an extend, a Danish study from the University of Copenhagen, showed that using silicone heel inlays, actually close to totally eradicate congestion injuries on the knees, which is a common problem when switching between surfaces.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, the valiant said:

Hope when we are back at Vale Park we all get the chance to show our appreciation of people like Mike, such a big loss to his family and Vale, it won't be the same without him. 

Carol said they would be doing something for those who have been lost and she named Mike,Charlie and the head teacher of Sandon

• Like 2