onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Virtual Meeting

JohnJames

Advert

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

He said he wanted the players to know it was a privilege to play for port vale and that's why but not sure how it fits in me sen

It's the Schools philosophy in which everyone wearing the uniform of their School feels they belong and are proud to represent it. Upgraded for adults, of course - but when was the last time you saw Cup Final opponents wearing any old tat?

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

Did Clarke mean shirt and tie on match days or all week?  Out of interest, do Man City and the other top Premiership teams rock up in their Sunday best on a match day?

Just got match day. I think in the Premier League it's all official club tracksuits. Which is a kind of suit I suppose

6 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Just got match day. I think in the Premier League it's all official club tracksuits. Which is a kind of suit I suppose

"official club tracksuits"......."a kind of suit".  Where do you live, Longton?  Do you need to wear brogues with that or are polished trainers OK?

24 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Did Clarke mean shirt and tie on match days or all week?  Out of interest, do Man City and the other top Premiership teams rock up in their Sunday best on a match day?

I'm sure Man Utd do.

I guess that as a scruffy lifelong motorcyclist I am aware of how people judge others instantly on their first meeting. I have met lots of people in my work life and can tell that some make assumptions about me based on my appearance. I am concerned that this subconscious bias  might creep in to the recruitment process for our footballers if too much emphasis is placed upon it. I have nothing against our players looking smart on match day, but suits should really be reserved for special occasions, such as cup finals in my view.

Also, the last thing we need really is for a player to feel uncomfortable because he has forgotten his best suit when travelling a long way by car to a game. This could affect how he plays. There are no merit points for appearance in League 2. 🙂

9 hours ago, LancyTony said:

It's the Schools philosophy in which everyone wearing the uniform of their School feels they belong and are proud to represent it. Upgraded for adults, of course - but when was the last time you saw Cup Final opponents wearing any old tat?

Totally agree there with what you are saying

On a side note when i was at school in the 70's and 80's we never wore a uniform it was just your normal clothes,uniforms came in at the schools i was at the year after i left in 88 i think

8 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

DC said he wants them to turn up to the club on matchday when fans are there wearing shirt and tie

Archived