Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

1 hour ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

He tells us all to shut up on social media and then comes out with that comment!!National League is closing in on us Mr Clarke,0%win rate🤔

I can think of a few thousand folk who would like to be 'knocking' on Mr Clarke's door tbh.

Advert:

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No. In the four years since he left Vale he’s started 30 league games. We’ve got enough crocks already. 

Is that the new name for Theo ?

One thing Clarke has done already is turn Mills and Crookes into full backs. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, 1 said:

I would seriously stick Amoo and Worrall up front. I can’t see anyone else even shooting at goal and all the out and out strikers have shown time and again they are not up to it.

You must be joking.

Did you see Amoo shoot today ? 

If we depend on Amoo for goals, we are doomed.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Warren said:

I don't think we are actually far away from being an upper half of the table side. It is all about the last third and strikers. I think we are very capable of winning at Colchester next weekend and getting at least a point off Newport. 

We are a country mile away from being a top half side. Top half sides don’t make defensive errors nearly every game. They don’t have a goalkeeper making individual errors. They are able to access score a goal, or even test the opposition keeper and create chances. We’re extremely close to going into non league and you think we’re close to being a top half side 🤔🤔Let’s try an win a game of football first! 

Edited by valiant_593

Tactically inept today for the second half. I give up. How can we score goals from every position apart from the goalie in a 4/3/3 constantly. We now score none. Set up for draws and to nick a goal doesn't work. We need to setup to properly get at teams,and hope the defensive training they have done is enough allowing us to push properly. Atm this is beyond embarrassing and DC, his new assistant manager/coach, his director of football all appear clueless and out of their depth big time as its NOT working.
Problem is our league status is seriously at risk now. We can blame everything till the cows come home but the reality is looming and fast. I just hope we can crawl over the line.
If we stay up everyone at the club has a huge amount to prove. If we stay up.
I'll go into Tuesday with the normal positivity but I can't take any more tbh.
Years of it have broken us.
Come on Vale ffs. We are better than this endless circle of a shambles.

Advert:

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

We are a country mile away from being a top half side. Let’s try an win a game of football first! 

Exactly

We are 15 points behind 10th 

We are miles away. If by hook or crook we stay up this is going to be the biggest cull of players we've ever seen and rightly so 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

You mean ' dont worry about losing to the Boltons ' just lets concentrate and beat the ' Oldhams '

Oooops

Nope, I had us drawing with the team with one of the best away records in the league.

I was surprised we made them look so bad.

Edited by Iron Curtain

Advert:

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

Grimsby drawing with Colchester is an ok result for us.

Another week goes by where teams below are picking up points.

Creeping up steadily now.

Won't be long until we're in the relegation zone.

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Exactly

We are 15 points behind 10th 

We are miles away. If by hook or crook we stay up this is going to be the biggest cull of players we've ever seen and rightly so 

That’s the one thing I’m looking forward to. Us releasing the majority of these frauds 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Another week goes by where teams below are picking up points.

Creeping up steadily now.

Won't be long until we're in the relegation zone.

Bringing Colchester in the mix could be huge... dripping like a stone and a worse run in than us.

Makes Tuesday massive and a game we should be targeting.

Edited by Iron Curtain

Posted (edited)

Grimsby have given themselves a lot to do and show no signs of improvement. Barring a true Great Escape, that's probably one place sealed up.

Southend, Barrow, Vale, Colchester, Walsall for the second place.

It'll come down to who wins the six pointers. Southend are just bad, and ourselves, Colchester, and Walsall cannot buy a win. Barrow, on virtue of a caretaker bounce and games in hand, may be alright, but its too early to say.

Going to be absolutely horrendous watching the big games on iFollow. Today isn't a disaster but offers no reassurance we can go and win these do-or-die fixtures.

The betting man sticks with Southend but one bad weekend and we're well and truly done for. A loss to Colchester and it may be game over.

In the Chesterfield game a few years back, it was a moment of brilliance from Whitfield which saved the club. It'll be that or a bounce of luck for the surviving teams. Right now, I can't see any brilliance or luck. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Most of the Vale players must realise they will be gone come next season. 

So you would think they would try to show what they can do to get new contracts at the next club that want to take a risk on them but I guess they aren't bothered to do that either.

Not clever enough to think that but you are right they know they will be gone.

Advert:

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That’s the one thing I’m looking forward to. Us releasing the majority of these frauds 

Conlon at a push to stay 

Worrall definitely

Rodney Whitehead and Theo under contract !! 

Surely the last 2 are paid up 

4000 of us pay 20 quid each ? 

Edited by darren1810
Additional text

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

Bit harsh. Back in November people were talking about how the club have to try and hold off any six figure offers for him in January, talk of getting millions for him in the future.

I thought they were on cloud cuckoo land personally but he did show raw ability at the start of the season

They were on cloud cuckoo land. You were right

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mario said:

So................... Nobody likes Guthrie, nobody likes Robinson, nobody likes Cullen Swan could be injured, Pope is. So who does DC pick for the next game ?

We could always play with a false No 9 (Perhaps we are anyway!!!).

• Haha 1