Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

8 hours ago, Wrex said:

Alex Jones signed with Northampton last week and scored on his debut.  Should we have signed him in January?

No. In the four years since he left Vale he’s started 30 league games. We’ve got enough crocks already. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'd give Rodders a rest and play Amoo instead. He's been on a 90 degree downhill slope formwise, for the past many games. He seems to get worse from game to game, but starts the next one anyway. The most deserved sub I've seen in a while on Tuesday. Surely he has to be put on the bench on Saturday, as Amoo showed more in 45 seconds, than Rodders had in the previous 45 minutes.

• Like 4

Anyone notice the other night Amoo didnt play on the right  side with Mills he played on the left thought that was strange when Pugh knows that Worrall usually plays on the left when Amoo is playing ,yet I didnt see them switch at  all .

People saying it's a free hit I do not think so if we want stay in league 2 we must approach all games with this games a must win .

It is SCORE and win and when we come under pressure ,luckily Oldham only showed a slight interest in winning the game on tues  as they showed that even though the opposition US had plenty of great situations they defended superbly throughout the game ,are we capable of that well we going find out as they will come and think they  can win,Bolton that is then  it's up to is to be better than them throughout ,all players winning there personal  tussles  and the ball going in or dropping for the Vale .

Edited by Breadwinner

21 hours ago, Wrex said:

Alex Jones signed with Northampton last week and scored on his debut.  Should we have signed him in January?

Yes. Well certainly if it was between him and Guthrie. The only striker, other than Pope who has looked convincing in the past 5 years or so. 

• Like 2

Depending on if we have fit full backs, i'd be going 3-5-2.

If its 4-4-2, Amoo for Rodders, Robinson (gulp) for Guthrie.

I think we will get steamrollered in all honesty, they are on a great run and we can't hit a barn door. I'll be optimistic and say 2-0 Bolton.

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Yes. Well certainly if it was between him and Guthrie. The only striker, other than Pope who has looked convincing in the past 5 years or so. 

Has  Jones fully recovered from his injury? Would be a risk, Taylor is the nearest we have to a poacher?

a lot of their key players who continue to feature on their run were playing when we put 6 past them. Yes they have a new formation and a few new additions, but Mills and Fitz were playing on that day. let's be positive

Our survival is NOT dependent on us getting anything from this game.

We don’t need anything from Saturdays game to stay up.

Its ok if we lose to a Bolton.

There are FAR better chances for us to pick up points than playing the team top of the form table.

How else can I say this...

Don't lose your head if we get beaten on Saturday.

89A8965B-4038-4FB8-B462-CE3630BC86F7.jpeg

• Like 1

Our survival is NOT dependent on us getting anything from this game.
We don’t need anything from Saturdays game to stay up.
Its ok if we lose to a Bolton.
There are FAR better chances for us to pick up points than playing the team top of the form table.
How else can I say this...
Don't lose your head if we get beaten on Saturday.
89A8965B-4038-4FB8-B462-CE3630BC86F7.thumb.jpeg.918f91daabf659a51478a0c9de78af5b.jpeg

We reserve the right to lose our head
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1