onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

What is it with this captain's armband? We gave it to Legge and he went crap, took it off him and he's reborn. Gave it Conlon and he's gone crap. I wouldn't want to give it back to Legge and risk him getting sent off again.

Safest bet is to give it to one of our forwards, they cant get any more crap.

3 hours ago, MBE said:

Players should throw themselves to block shots but its basic communication which is the issue. Crookes needs to take charge of that situation either tell Conlon to pass his player on to him and get him to  cover the goalscorer OR go out to the goalscorer. Thats where the problem is. The team are very very quiet.

When the ball finally gets out to the goalscorer Crookes has left too much ground to block the shot and Conlon watches the ball go past him. That goal is nothing to do with Smith who had a very good game and marking Doyle.

Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 09.40.32.png

Crookes again Salford away he doesn't get across to head the ball clear ,and yesterday on this evidence thanks for that its him who has left the player in oceans of space score with a misfit fluke .

Ok I apologise for earlier post then .

Why dont we score them ugly goals though ,Crookes has improved aswell but he switches off and is costing us gamely and this is why I do not understand setting up to nick a goal as there is always someone in our ranks who switches off, but you do not see it in other teams playing Vale .

Irritates me watching Vale get forwards ,pass ,move and shoot ,get a damn goal and stop letting the owners down by not winning, regain honour as you could go down as the most hated group of players ever to play for Vale if you do the unthinkable .

Lucky Grimsby and Southend are as shot shy as us .

Clarke take risks try Oyeleke with Burgess in midfield two ,we do not need a defensive midfielder in our predicament we need to make there net bulge ,these two players have different qualities that played together could increase our creativity Burgess as you saw v Stevenage with that shot our best long range attempt in your reign ,plays well passes to Vale shirts ,and Oyeleke at least has the ability drive at the opposition from deep with the ball and that creates space in itself that means either moving Conlon or dropping him I'd move him to floating role and one of the front two the position where he opens teams up gets shots away and is a damn site better player than what he is playing as a defensive midfielder where he is apart from Oldham game in your reign not playing to a standard we want or deserve .

UTV 

24 minutes ago, rsb said:

smurf said when he sold the club that we would be non-league after this season will he be right was something going on before Carol took over but never came out

Smurf said a lot of stuff, most of which was total cr@p.

49 minutes ago, rsb said:

smurf said when he sold the club that we would be non-league after this season will he be right was something going on before Carol took over but never came out

Wouldn’t have thought so, Smurf didn’t know his arse from his elbow unless it was his plan to screw any new owners financially by keeping the ground. Fortunately the new owners have gone the extra mile or two. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

What is people's opinions on our new found weapon the Legge long throw ?

I think Legge's long throws are pointless. The trajectory of the ball will alway favour the CB attacking the ball coming in from behind. This is why we made the Oldham CB look like Tony Adams!

The only good thing about them is if you keep doing them it does create a bit of space for a short one for our player to whip the ball in the box but sadly a lot of our players don't have a football brain cell between then to see it.

1 hour ago, rsb said:

Norman is one of the thickest people I've ever had the displeasure of talking to. He didn't have a clue. 

What is people's opinions on our new found weapon the Legge long throw ?
Just seen Cheltenham get winner at Exeter from is it Tozer ? 
Now I can't throw the ball 5 feet but I'm not seeing what the Legge throw is bringing to the party . It seems that he's exactly the sort we need on the end of one not taking it. Barely seems to create any confusion or panic in the opposing defence, in fact it's been poor. 
I'm all for innovation and trying new things but I think we need to think again . Hopefully I'm proved wrong if we persevere . 
That throw is absolutely awful. We need to stop it.

Not a bad idea if we are in our own half, just to get us up the pitch. But used in any attacking sense is such a waste of time. Its rubbish. So annoying to watch.

1 minute ago, Walter said:

That throw is absolutely awful. We need to stop it.

Not a bad idea if we are in our own half, just to get us up the pitch. But used in any attacking sense is such a waste of time. Its rubbish. So annoying to watch.

Seems a few agree with me , I was watching and thinking WTF is it achieving, wouldn't mind if someone flicked it on but it's just a lame duck isn't it. 

3 hours ago, Doha said:

I have to say I was really surprised by the intensity and rifeness of the wrist cutting yesterday.

It was as if some people were poised and just waiting to start the wailing the minute the final whistle went.

We were playing one of the most in form teams in English football off the back of about 7 wins, with lots of people predicting a heavy loss, and would have held them to a quiet 0-0 draw had Hurst not lost his man for a centre half to fumble one in off his shin. Crap goal - but we were not well beaten, we deserved more out of the game, and more than competed with then. 

I find the attacks on Clarke a bit mental. He's been here less than 4 weeks. Please tell me what you would do to get a response out of Donkey Robinson? Donkey Guthrie? Donkey Cullen? Multiple players have muscle injuries, your best forward had his shoulder destroyed by some lumbering <ovf censored> in a tinpot trophy game and yet was nails enough to see the match out with his deltoid muscle torn from the bone. Your best wing back snapped his hamstring two games after being out for months after doing it previously. You came in off the back of 1 win in 13 courtesy of a DREADFUL, unbalanced, incompetent squad because of the unbelievable recruitment failings of the previous manager. 

Clarke revealed there was no training data on what the players got up to in their 5 months off. No data on who had covid. No signing medicals, that's insane, how the frigging hell is that compliant with insurance requirements or FL rules I'll never know. Under Pugh, the stupid <ovf censored> <ovf censored> were allegedly playing rugby in training and several got injured. If that's true he needs sacking. If you want some teambuilding take them frigging paintballing, not have them speartackling Dino Visser. 

I put it to all of you that the culprit of the frequency of these muscle injuries is the 5 month lockdown period and then the very short pre-season. They didn't train properly, they weren't monitored properly, Askey was blase about it all, kept no records, treated it like a PE teacher managing an after school team of kids. They went straight into 2 games a week without being sufficiently prepared for it and the resultant muscle injuries are going to keep happening until the season's over. Clarke's sacked the conditioning and fitness guy and replaced him, good, as the previous guy was clearly utterly incompetent. See I actually have some direct evidence of that from his statements and from the revolving door of 5+ injured players at any one time, unlike the manic screamers who go on about Sinclair sabotaging Askey and inciting the players to launch a coup d'etat, making insinuations as if they're going to pull a Travis Bickle on Frank Sinclair despite the lack of a single scrap of evidence in his culpability for any of this. Change my mind, he's a wrong un, prove it. No one has. Not a single shred of actual evidence has ever been posted on here or published in the news or alleged in a public statement. Some people just can't admit they were wrong, and Askey was a non-league manager with non-league recruitment and non-league game management. 

I do think it will be night and day if we get through this and have the summer to get structure, planned recruitment with full professional inductions, a decent playing budget and players worthy of that salary, a balanced squad and professional coaching. Even if we stay up without scoring another goal, it’s just getting through and then letting Clarke have a clean slate after that. He doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who will blame others once he has his the fruit of his own decisions producing whatever results come. He’s pissed off that he’s been left unfit <ovf censored> to convert into points in a professional league, which is understandable. I do think he could have got some decisions better so far but the vast majority of the problem is the player and how they’ve been managed for years, not the last few weeks.

2 hours ago, rsb said:

He probably thinks that having to pay him off via his crippling instalment plan would see us relegated. 

He may be right but that’s not due to him being a wonderful owner, it’s because he is a greedy man who held the fans to ransom. 

5 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

He probably thinks that having to pay him off via his crippling instalment plan would see us relegated. 

He may be right but that’s not due to him being a wonderful owner, it’s because he is a greedy man who held the fans to ransom. 

And would happily have closed the club down if the Shanahans hadn’t stepped up. 

Archived