onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

Advert

17 minutes ago, toyahw said:

It was not "gutless". The players worked bloody hard. Just not good enough quality. I'm not having "gutless".  We worked our butts off against a much better team.

It wasn’t gutless , but the sight of Rodney and Robinson just jogging around , and not attempting to regain possession after losing the ball , pisses me off. Cullen wanders around like a headless chicken , and  has mostly been in his own half when he has appeared. This side is mid table National League. 

5 hours ago, toyahw said:

It was not "gutless". The players worked bloody hard. Just not good enough quality. I'm not having "gutless".  We worked our butts off against a much better team.

What I mean by GUTLESS is a player in the team who drives past players gets brought down for a pen ,a player who when he picks the ball up believes in his own ability to get a goal or goals for the Vale .

Worrall did it  v Oldham he was excellent yet yesterday he seemed like he did not have it in him which surprised me as he was the main reason I was looking forward to watching .

Players have to pull players out of position or believe they can go past them at least 5 occasions yesterday the ball ended up back in our penalty box for Brown kick it yet we had the ball just outside there penalty box tell me that ain't GUTLESS yes it is ,drive at the make something happen .

4 home games in a row no goals yet he persevered with Conlon alongside Joyce and Rodney mainly up front, its bizarre they are both not to the level they need be well play them in there best positions ,wide left Rodney and free role in behind the striker Conlon .

Whys he drop Guthrie ok he doesn't score but his link up play is good ,its a team game we play like individuals, did Mills go forwards with conviction yesterday ,No ,is that on managers orders if so why ?.I was always taught best form of defence is attack but Clarke seems obsessed with boring us senseless with 0-0 the only problem Mr Clarke is that eventually we will offer a goal to the opposition have you not realised so play to win not for a draw which is of no use in our position .

11 hours ago, 1 said:

It would be fascinating to see if we could buy out the contracts for next season and be the first team in history to literally have a completely new squad. Every single player new. Can’t do much worse and would be interesting.

Norman tried that when we had Bruno managing, how did that go do you think?

2 hours ago, Nightwish said:

Fleetwood Town striker Paddy Madden set to join Stockport County on loan. Vale should steam in and get him for rest of season. At least he is a proven goalscorer. On £3,800 per week at Fleetwood.

We can only sign free agents that i think were released in January and they would have to be under 21 now as well sadly but IF and it's a massive IF we stay up i would snap their hand off for a player like that next season... I am assuming they will be paying a fee as well as Grayson says it probably wont just be a loan

33 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

But with no budget to replace, or at least an ignorant recruitment team. The new set up is supposed to be better at that sort of thing. I wouldn’t do that anyway because I’m glad woz, Gibbo and Smith are under contract.

44 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

24 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

But Norman had pulled the carpet from under him by destroying the squad and bringing in a lot of rubbish footballers from a catalogue.

We’re we not just outside the play offs when bruno left? No way was that relegation down to him. 100% Michael brown. Them players weren’t great but they are a long way ahead of this lot. 

9 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We’re we not just outside the play offs when bruno left? No way was that relegation down to him. 100% Michael brown. Them players weren’t great but they are a long way ahead of this lot. 

17th, 6 points above the drop. 6 game winless run.

Brown was rubbish but Bruno has us 17th BEFORE  Alnwick and Grant were sold, and Jones went to Bradford. They were, easily, our three best players.

To replace them, we signed the likes of Andre Bikey (sans hamstrings), Scott Tanser, Danny Pugh, Deniz Mehmet, Leo Fasan, and Chris Eagles. 

We were starting games with Dan Turner and Billy Reeves. Big Reg had a run of game. JJ Hooper. 

Bruno had us in a decent position in October/November due to a top goalkeeper, Grant, and Alex Jones scoring goals at an unsustainable rate. He clearly conned us with this promise of loan players, as he had with Ludogorets, and was complicit in the signing of 10 National League North standard players from Saide Mousellati's catalogue. He's fully complicit, just behind Norman. 

Smurf was responsible for our relegation, first of all he appointed Bruno on the back end of a phone call and then replaced him with an inexperienced manager who had to work with players from an experiment that went badly wrong. As bad as Clarke has started with the club at least our owners have gone for someone with experience.

11 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

When that shot comes in you throw yourself at the ball I'd have see it again ,a lousy goal yet again going in our net .

Players should throw themselves to block shots but its basic communication which is the issue. Crookes needs to take charge of that situation either tell Conlon to pass his player on to him and get him to  cover the goalscorer OR go out to the goalscorer. Thats where the problem is. The team are very very quiet.

When the ball finally gets out to the goalscorer Crookes has left too much ground to block the shot and Conlon watches the ball go past him. That goal is nothing to do with Smith who had a very good game and marking Doyle.

Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 09.40.32.png

53 minutes ago, Joe B said:

17th, 6 points above the drop. 6 game winless run.

Brown was rubbish but Bruno has us 17th BEFORE  Alnwick and Grant were sold, and Jones went to Bradford. They were, easily, our three best players.

To replace them, we signed the likes of Andre Bikey (sans hamstrings), Scott Tanser, Danny Pugh, Deniz Mehmet, Leo Fasan, and Chris Eagles. 

We were starting games with Dan Turner and Billy Reeves. Big Reg had a run of game. JJ Hooper. 

Bruno had us in a decent position in October/November due to a top goalkeeper, Grant, and Alex Jones scoring goals at an unsustainable rate. He clearly conned us with this promise of loan players, as he had with Ludogorets, and was complicit in the signing of 10 National League North standard players from Saide Mousellati's catalogue. He's fully complicit, just behind Norman. 

Don’t think he’s to blame for relegation personally. Played some decent stuff under him. Signings were a mess but how much were down to him and how much were smurf just using one agent? I have no doubt we would have done better if he had stayed rather than brown who was a travesty. Bruno in October / November had those good players you mention and got them playing well which is the job of the manager. Some of the foreign lads really weren’t that bad especially compared to now. I’d take de Freitas, knopps and amoros over the dross we now have. 

Thought Eagles was decent to be fair. 

Archived