onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

All week posters have in general been saying we will get hammered today. 

We weren't!

Apparently every high flying team that we come up against are nothing special.

Bit of a coincidence that, maybe they only play as well as we allow them to. Because we are giving 110% effort. Sorry if that doesn't fit some posters agenda.

The players are being hammered as the worst players we have ever had. Well having watched Vale for the last 65 years I can assure you they are not, not by a million miles are they the worst we have had.

After ten games these players were 5th in the league and second highest scorers in the league. Yet I read a complete clearout is needed?. 

Many on here lambasted Askey for always playing 4-3-3 now apparently I read posters wishing we would play 4-3-3.

Apparently our players are not fit. How come these supposedly unfit players were able to play a high pressing game under Askey if they were so unfit?

Although results haven't gone our way since November I have rarely thought the players weren't putting a shift in.

We have had abysmal luck with injuries (2 more today). The heavy pitch doesn't help does it. Perhaps that's why these high flying teams look average too. Except they only have to play on it once a season.

Clarke's tactics make Page's sides look like Brazil. I also don't like his attacks on the players not being good enough. Well Mr Clarke those players were good enough last season and were a damn sight better than your team. Similarly after ten games this season they were a damn sight better than Walsall. Yes the wheels subsequently came off but those players are better than you are giving them credit for and slating them is a very strange way of filling them with confidence.

Darrell Clarke you are living in a glass house don't throw stones.

the debilitating affect on form of trying to recover from catching Covid can't be ignored.

Not many expected us to get anything but beat today, yet we nearly got a point. Hopefully as players recover properly from Covid and injury and Vale Park firms up we will turn the corner.

just hope the players are like Pope and don't read OVF. 

Our final position won't be decided by losing today. The deciding fixtures are yet to come.

FInally, just because a player returning from injury is fit to play he is not a light switch that can be just turned on, so let's cut Oyleke, Amoo etc some slack hey.

Like every other Vale fan it does feel like Groundhog day but our good day isn't far off, and with one win under the belt others will come.

Advert

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If Conlon’s bizarre effort off the post and across the goal line had gone in things would look so different. If their bloke had not shinned that ball today it wouldn’t have wrong footed the keeper. I know we’ve been poor but are we really as bad as some on here insist we are?  I’m surprised some of you lot haven’t topped yourselves. 

Yes we are that bad, 3 wins in 25 games tells you everything, we may have had the hard bit of bad luck here and there but we have been truly awful in that time.  I don't see any positives at all, we were awful under Askey throughout November and December, slightly better under Pugh, but not much and even worse under Clarke.  We are dropping at an alarming rate and where we get these 3 wins I think we need to stay up I have no idea.

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Smith 5 he should have blocked there goal in my opinion ,offers very little .

Here we go again. He was marking his man in the middle. Is he supposed to be in two places at the same time? The midfield lost the man and the RB Mills lost his man to prevent the cross.

It gets so tedious. Smithy had a good game. as did Leon. Just knock it on the head. 

12 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Here we go again. He was marking his man in the middle. Is he supposed to be in two places at the same time? The midfield lost the man and the RB Mills lost his man to prevent the cross.

It gets so tedious. Smithy had a good game. as did Leon. Just knock it on the head. 

When that shot comes in you throw yourself at the ball I'd have see it again ,a lousy goal yet again going in our net .

When we going score a lousy goal or a goal be nice you know where our player shoots and it just rolls in the net .

A good game you say the defence had one player for the 4 of them why werent the other affecting the game .

We are Toss 50 goals conceded, joke of a football club if that shots goes in at the other end a Bolton player blocks it .

Enjoy your Smith love in when's the last time he had a attempt at goal from a corner ,not for a long time ,looks so dodgy in possession. 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Smith 5 he should have blocked there goal in my opinion ,offers very little .

What complete and utter rubbish, this is getting a bit embarassing for you now, have you even seen the goal back?  Smith is busy wrestling with the centre forward (the man he was marking) in the box before the ball gets cut back to the edge of the area. If there’s anyone you should be critical of for the goal its Hurst for not tracking the player that’s hes following who makes the run behind to put the cross in. Hurst being in that area also means he’s left their right back unmarked on the edge of the box and he’s the one that ended up scoring.

As already mentioned above Smith and Legge had very good games and kept their forwards quiet, that’s what the centre halves offered today. I’m pretty sure it was Legge and smith that combined for the chance that Conlon had first half too. 

26 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Anyone else notice those that wanted askey to stay and for some mental reason thought he was doing a great job, seem to have this hatred of Clarke? Embarrassing. 

Not really seeing that myself.  I wanted Askey to turn things around, as I would any Vale manager who was overseeing a struggling team, Clarke included.  Askey was given more than enough time and couldn't reverse our fortunes.  Equally, Clarke is currently being judged by the same criteria as Askey, results on the pitch and performances.  Neither of which can be said to have markedly improved.  Is this hatred or realism?

Legge, Smith and Crookes have been solid since Clarke took over. They clearly are good enough defensively to keep us in the league. I don’t like Mills being near the team myself but he’s playing and doing better under Clarke, so that’s positive.

The problem is attacking, and I’m sorry DC but it’s not just quality it’s the formation too.  

Manny needs to start, he’s come off the bench twice now and we’re running out of games. Get him back in. The midfield is going to have to chip in some goals because with due respect we don’t have any goal scoring strikers available.

4 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Not really seeing that myself.  I wanted Askey to turn things around, as I would any Vale manager who was overseeing a struggling team, Clarke included.  Askey was given more than enough time and couldn't reverse our fortunes.  Equally, Clarke is currently being judged by the same criteria as Askey, results on the pitch and performances.  Neither of which can be said to have markedly improved.  Is this hatred or realism?

I agree with that. I’m just quite a few on here and Facebook who seem to be against Clarke and literally everything about him. Completely understand he’s not doing well and we haven’t had the new manager bounce in that regard realism. But some are taking it further already and it just seems they’re still sour that askey got sacked 

Legge is in his twilight years and been sitting on his hands for weeks for whatever reason. He’s come back in, suddenly playing twice a week, and his fitness, commitment and consistency is putting others to shame. Players 10 years younger huffing and puffing like pensioners.

5 minutes ago, 1 said:

Legge, Smith and Crookes have been solid since Clarke took over. They clearly are good enough defensively to keep us in the league. I don’t like Mills being near the team myself but he’s playing and doing better under Clarke, so that’s positive.

The problem is attacking, and I’m sorry DC but it’s not just quality it’s the formation too.  

Manny needs to start, he’s come off the bench twice now and we’re running out of games. Get him back in. The midfield is going to have to chip in some goals because with due respect we don’t have any goal scoring strikers available.

I guess manny and amoo will start the next game. I’m guessing Clarke didn’t want to rush them back, especially manny. 

Agree with the defence. Even mills has been ok recently 

Archived