onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Feels strange saying this but.... Cambridge and Bolton actually aren't very good are they or both had real off days. Not sure what that makes us . 

Maybe just maybe we made it very hard for both of them, it doesn't necessarily mean we are rubbish, a lot had us down for a hammering today, never happened, Cambridge stuffed 4 past Oldham they didn't do that to us, it's just the strikers that are the problem, stay positive until it's mathematically impossible. 

Advert

3 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Maybe just maybe we made it very hard for both of them, it doesn't necessarily mean we are rubbish, a lot had us down for a hammering today, never happened, Cambridge stuffed 4 past Oldham they didn't do that to us, it's just the strikers that are the problem, stay positive until it's mathematically impossible. 

I agree, I see a lot of comments that when teams near the top play us they all seem to have an off day.  Perhaps some of that is down to us.

I am trying to stay positive.  For most of the last 5 fixtures I would probably have expected to get very little, even Oldham have a really good away record.  That said we need to pick up points in the next couple of weeks for the sake of my sanity and my underwear.

My Mark's 

Brown 6 had nowt do a goal managed go in could he have reacted quicker .

Mills 5 ineffectual going forwards why werent you linking with Worrall .

Legge 6 nothing do 

Smith 5 he should have blocked there goal in my opinion ,offers very little .

Crookes 5 

Worrall 4 for as good as he was Oldham didnt put his stamp on today's game at all .

Conlon  5 much ado about nothing maybe should have scored first half but it got deflected by Bolton player cause there defence wanted a clean sheet ,ask what ours were doing and who's man was that Jones ?yours Conlon by any chance ,either drop him or play him up the pitch where he is half decent no midfield general that's for sure .

Joyce 5 

Rodney 4 didnt do much at all ,ran about shot wide ,didn't ask enough questions of bolton players hardly noticed he was playing ,even more so after they scored he may as well have gone off sit in the empty seats for what use he was .

Swann 5 injured early but we looked a better team with him on once he went off we looked like a team of individuals not a team at all 

Robinson 5 had a few goes at goal but lets face it the quality of our play was horrendous, ran about a bit got the ball on occasions and then we would go all the way back to Brown to kick the ball to Bolton players ,so generally what was the point in him winning the ball up high to win it for us play for a 0-0 draw until they score cause of our docileness. 

Hurst 4 this was not a good performance offered nothing seem to be as negative as the rest of them.

So to sum it up we were playing for a 0-0 which is disgraceful but we couldn't even manage that 

UTV 

59 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Sorry but I think we are miles off being an upper half of the table side.  Regardless of what league we are in, this squad needs completely ripping up and starting again.  I won't be sorry to see any of these go.  of that team that that started today, we have a keeper whose better days are behind him, 2 full back who aren't good enough, the other 2 full back are injury prone, Legge again past it, Smith has had an awful season.  Midfield of Joyce, again this needs to be his last season (past it), Conlon, awful recently but probably keep, Hurst, sorry but I don't see anything in him, Worrall decent enough and then up front whoever we pick none of whom are good enough.

Have to agree with this post. We will end up keeping players that are not really up to it but hopefully, with far better players around them, will perform better than this season.

1 minute ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Have to agree with this post. We will end up keeping players that are not really up to it but hopefully, with far better players around them, will perform better than this season.

The worry is has this season's abomination put paid to attracting better players in the summer if we do stay up 

Going to be a big transition not instant success 

26 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Cambridge stuffed 4 past Oldham they didn't do that to us, it's just the strikers that are the problem

We should have stuffed at least 4 past Oldham, like you say because strikers are the problem.

21 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

My Mark's 

Brown 6 had nowt do a goal managed go in could he have reacted quicker .

Mills 5 ineffectual going forwards why werent you linking with Worrall .

Legge 6 nothing do 

Smith 5 he should have blocked there goal in my opinion ,offers very little .

Crookes 5 

Worrall 4 for as good as he was Oldham didnt put his stamp on today's game at all .

Conlon  5 much ado about nothing maybe should have scored first half but it got deflected by Bolton player cause there defence wanted a clean sheet ,ask what ours were doing and who's man was that Jones ?yours Conlon by any chance ,either drop him or play him up the pitch where he is half decent no midfield general that's for sure .

Joyce 5 

Rodney 4 didnt do much at all ,ran about shot wide ,didn't ask enough questions of bolton players hardly noticed he was playing ,even more so after they scored he may as well have gone off sit in the empty seats for what use he was .

Swann 5 injured early but we looked a better team with him on once he went off we looked like a team of individuals not a team at all 

Robinson 5 had a few goes at goal but lets face it the quality of our play was horrendous, ran about a bit got the ball on occasions and then we would go all the way back to Brown to kick the ball to Bolton players ,so generally what was the point in him winning the ball up high to win it for us play for a 0-0 draw until they score cause of our docileness. 

Hurst 4 this was not a good performance offered nothing seem to be as negative as the rest of them.

So to sum it up we were playing for a 0-0 which is disgraceful but we couldn't even manage that 

UTV 

Nice one!!So much for the manager requesting us to stop being negative for next 12 games.You continue with your continued quest 🤔I'm fuming but refraining until the 12 games are up and then I'll post .VTID

23 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

And we didnt do it to Oldham 

Not many do against Oldham when they are at home Oldhams away record is pretty impressive, but please correct me if I'm wrong, We won  2-1 at Boundary Park, on Saturday 24th October 2020 Smith and Clarke scoring, so if I'm right then we have done it to Oldham.

2 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Nice one!!So much for the manager requesting us to stop being negative for next 12 games.You continue with your continued quest 🤔I'm fuming but refraining until the 12 games are up and then I'll post .VTID

I wish they would score they do my head in .

I've tried stay positive but today has tipped me over the edge .

Sick to the teeth of our lack of desire to 

1 stick the ball in oppositions net 

2 to drive forwards into the oppositions box to try win a penalty or a dangerous free kick .

3 to keep the ball out of our net only bloody Vale would be in control of a game and give the opposition a lousy goal .

VTID also there ineptness is really getting on me nerves .

GROW SOME BALLS players 

UTV 

49 minutes ago, pete vale said:

We look worse now than at any time in the 'fat controllers' regime. 

Are you talking about the bloke who took over a team on the verge of promotion and took us to within a point of relegation to the National League in four seasons?

I'm going to add a very different view than the common one on here.Who expected a win against a Bolton team flying? No-one.

DC has installed some confidence back into the defence by playing very defensive. Who can blame him? Now he has to do the same for our more creative players.We just need that little bit of luck for a goal and 3 points. When that happens the confidence will return, plus with our creative players coming back to fitness i.e Worrall,Amoo,Manny then I think we will be OK and things will start to change.We probably won't win many because we aren't good enough but we will draw enough games to stay up.

I also thought Robinson did OK in the 2nd half. He had the big CB on the half turn and earned what should have been quite a few free kicks which the ref refused to give. I would give him a run in the team upfront to see if he can nick a goal and get his confidence. He is our only fit striker who has a pedigree of scoring goals at this level.

We need to have a little bit of faith. If we pick up a win on Tuesday against Newport 4 points from 3 home games is OK for me, given the opposition.

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Are you talking about the bloke who took over a team on the verge of promotion and took us to within a point of relegation to the National League in four seasons?

Yes on the pitch - certainly not off it. We were garbage then and are now but for entirely different reasons.

Archived