onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Another week goes by where teams below are picking up points.

Creeping up steadily now.

Won't be long until we're in the relegation zone.

Bringing Colchester in the mix could be huge... dripping like a stone and a worse run in than us.

Makes Tuesday massive and a game we should be targeting.

Advert

Grimsby have given themselves a lot to do and show no signs of improvement. Barring a true Great Escape, that's probably one place sealed up.

Southend, Barrow, Vale, Colchester, Walsall for the second place.

It'll come down to who wins the six pointers. Southend are just bad, and ourselves, Colchester, and Walsall cannot buy a win. Barrow, on virtue of a caretaker bounce and games in hand, may be alright, but its too early to say.

Going to be absolutely horrendous watching the big games on iFollow. Today isn't a disaster but offers no reassurance we can go and win these do-or-die fixtures.

The betting man sticks with Southend but one bad weekend and we're well and truly done for. A loss to Colchester and it may be game over.

In the Chesterfield game a few years back, it was a moment of brilliance from Whitfield which saved the club. It'll be that or a bounce of luck for the surviving teams. Right now, I can't see any brilliance or luck. 

2 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Most of the Vale players must realise they will be gone come next season. 

So you would think they would try to show what they can do to get new contracts at the next club that want to take a risk on them but I guess they aren't bothered to do that either.

Not clever enough to think that but you are right they know they will be gone.

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That’s the one thing I’m looking forward to. Us releasing the majority of these frauds 

Conlon at a push to stay 

Worrall definitely

Rodney Whitehead and Theo under contract !! 

Surely the last 2 are paid up 

4000 of us pay 20 quid each ? 

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

Bit harsh. Back in November people were talking about how the club have to try and hold off any six figure offers for him in January, talk of getting millions for him in the future.

I thought they were on cloud cuckoo land personally but he did show raw ability at the start of the season

They were on cloud cuckoo land. You were right

1 hour ago, Mario said:

So................... Nobody likes Guthrie, nobody likes Robinson, nobody likes Cullen Swan could be injured, Pope is. So who does DC pick for the next game ?

We could always play with a false No 9 (Perhaps we are anyway!!!).

I thought we were utterly ineffectual once again. Next to nothing in terms of actually testing their keeper.  Worrall  got a few balls into the box but the strikers just didn’t want to fight for them. 

I just find it incredible that we struggle for goals all season and the new manager seems to manage to make us less effective. 

We were scoring some goals before he came in

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Feels strange saying this but.... Cambridge and Bolton actually aren't very good are they or both had real off days. Not sure what that makes us . 

Dont go off one game. Look at league positions.

Even playing badly they beat us. Thats why we are bottom. I couldnt care less who good other teams are or are not. We cannot beat them and we are not as good as them

2 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

As Phil Bowers said during the match, something happened in October. The team was playing very well under Askey , and then all of a sudden it’s not? It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work that out. Player revolt is what it was . It’s all coming back to bite them now. I don’t buy the bad recruitment line. All water under the bridge now , but if we go down, and it looks likely , it’s down to a group of players who are lazy , greedy and self- important . Disgraceful. 

I agree with you BUT we need those lazy,greedy,self-important players to save us.

Then we can call them a disgrace and kick them out.

Dont think the two go together.

22 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Clarke himself does not know the answer to that question

Exactly can only pick from the ones he's inherited no ones come up with a sensible alternative  thats why weve got to get behind them and support em.  

Some of the comments on facebook are disgusting, if i was Carol I would try and sell up and leave em too it, some so called fans get the club they deserve. 

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Conlon at a push to stay 

Worrall definitely

Rodney Whitehead and Theo under contract !! 

Surely the last 2 are paid up 

4000 of us pay 20 quid each ? 

Definitely to get them out the club. Whitehead just isn’t a footballer but at least tries. Robinson is the one that infuriates me, ambles about the pitch without a care in the world. I can’t imagine DC will have them here next season.

I’d be looking to keep:

Gibbons, smith, crookes (think he has impressed recently and can play two positions so a decent squad player) Worrall, Taylor (3year deal so no choice) Conlon (has impressed at times, I think he’s vastly overrated but probably worth keeping) brown (maybe) 

The rest can go 

1 minute ago, Mario said:

Exactly can only pick from the ones he's inherited no ones come up with a sensible alternative  thats why weve got to get behind them and support em.  

Some of the comments on facebook are disgusting, if i was Carol I would try and sell up and leave em too it, some so called fans get the club they deserve. 

Having watched and asked questions in Thursdays meeting, i have gone from being hopeful and 'buying-in' to the plans of carol/ Flitcroft and Clarke, witnessing todays performance has told me that not many, if any of the playing staff are on the same page. It leaves me subdued and feeling cheated that we have players who do not share a modicum of passion I hold for the game and in particular Port Vale. The jury is out on Clarke - how bad is that statement by me in itself? It happens, sometimes people just don't fit and rub people up the wrong way, deservedly or not. It is not happening, it does not look like happening. We look worse now than at any time in the 'fat controllers' regime. I feel for Carol, who feels for the many thousands of us apart from her and Kevin? No one.

53 minutes ago, Warren said:

I don't think we are actually far away from being an upper half of the table side. It is all about the last third and strikers. I think we are very capable of winning at Colchester next weekend and getting at least a point off Newport. 

I'll have a pint of whatever you're drinking

Archived