onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, SuperHuman said:

We can all blame the players and Askey but Clarke has done absolutely nothing to change our fortunes. It’s pointless looking more solid when you’re still losing games.

We have played 4 2 4

Two up top and two out wide. Clarke hasnt played to defend at all costs.

Problem is we are awful

1 minute ago, Warren said:

Colchester away next Saturday. 

We were unlucky to lose today. 

Yes what I'm saying is Colchester win tonight and Grimsby looking as good as gone 

I personally ( only my opinion ) think if there's only one place to play for we have a chance

We are better a 1 in 3 chance of going down than a 2 in 5 

I want Colchester to win, a draw isn't a disaster, a Grimsby win leaves them 7 behind with 2 in hand

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Yes what I'm saying is Colchester win tonight and Grimsby looking as good as gone 

I personally ( only my opinion ) think if there's only one place to play for we have a chance

We are better a 1 in 3 chance of going down than a 2 in 5 

I want Colchester to win, a draw isn't a disaster, a Grimsby win leaves them 7 behind with 2 in hand

I don't think we are actually far away from being an upper half of the table side. It is all about the last third and strikers. I think we are very capable of winning at Colchester next weekend and getting at least a point off Newport. 

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Yes I agree. Barrow on upward curve. Yes they are beneath us but have won 3 in 5. Colchester as you say have a game in hand not including the game in progress now. 

We need Colchester to win tonight  and maybe just maybe when we go to Grimsby they are already down 

I'll clutch at anything

I reckon it’s best Grimsby win or a draw to draw Colchester in and hope they are so bad that’s the only reason Grimsby get something.

Barrow look like they will push on, and Southend are playing ok... Colchester are dropping like a stone so we need that to continue.

4 minutes ago, Warren said:

I don't think we are actually far away from being an upper half of the table side. It is all about the last third and strikers. I think we are very capable of winning at Colchester next weekend and getting at least a point off Newport. 

Agree... I’m not saying that will definitely happen but that is a possibility we have to hope for

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Messy and desperate. 3 points from 21 and only scoring in 2 out of 7 games (1 of those was garbage time with the game gone).

Didn't seem any plan towards the end of the game. We never once looked like scoring and as soon as we switched off and conceded, it was game over. Lobbed loads of players on and none of them seemed to know what position they were playing. Crookes goes down and it all becomes a tad farcical.

The fact that Robinson received an hour is criminal. He is utterly, utterly abysmal in every single respect. I reckon 80% of this forum contribute more than he did today.

The worst Vale side of my lifetime, fairly comfortably. 

Thought the ref was alright and Bowers claiming 'he's played his part!' distracts from a Port Vale side who were bereft of everything you need to win a game. 

Do we stay up? I don't know, anymore. It hit me as their goal went in that there wasn't a prayer of us replying, and that's worried me. 

Robinson should never play again but i dont believe Cullen will offer anymore either. They play as if they have been told they will be gone.

Amoo is another who is completely short of ideas. He does not look a footballer.

Hurst is only young i keep hearing. He may only be young but he offers nothing. He tires completely after half time. Made no attempt to keep up with his man who crossed for their goal.

Rodney. Oh no. Someone chose to show a picture of a donkey after the Oldham game. I think the same picture needs to come out again for our leading striker. When you need a performance, he is useless.

Worral up against a full back today and hardly had a kick. Wondered wether it would have been better to not play him and save him for Tuesday. Hopefully slightly more chance then.

Manny looks a stone overweight. He has come on twice, only for 15 mins or so but again does not look like a footballer.

Only hope is that Pope plays seven games. He will be slated for three of them but HE WILL SCORE or set up a goal or two and gain us points in two or three games. Monty might chip in with one or two also.

I honestly dont fancy our chances to stay up. We are a terrible team. Clarke is not to blame. Not sure what else he can do.

Just feels deja void from Salford and Cambridge... opponents average to poor on the day, look extremely comfortable but lose to the one chance we give away and huff and puff up front.

I expected to lose but after that and seeing how poor Bolton were on the day I’m pretty annoyed we have managed to lose that.

Pope needs to return ASAP.

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

A47E1E45-456C-4D49-9D13-5C9A75C0C2F5.jpeg

I get things are bad... but losing today isn’t the thing that should send us all into a spiral.

If we lose on Tuesday and Saturday then I will agree and get on the “we are down train”... until then we have a chance.

2 hours ago, mikey said:

The only positive is we didnt get battered as some forecast. We have to stop giving soft goals away. Thats another weekend ruined.

Bolton were nothing special, but didnt have to do much to grab the points - so frustrating.

Bolton had an off day but even then their subs were able to change the game for them. What do our subs do for us.

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

Bit harsh. Back in November people were talking about how the club have to try and hold off any six figure offers for him in January, talk of getting millions for him in the future.

I thought they were on cloud cuckoo land personally but he did show raw ability at the start of the season

I've sympathised with him all season as in an ideal world he wouldn't be close to starting just about every week, and he doesn't pick himself.

I just want to see a bit of improvement with him, with his touch and knowing when to make runs. Still early days yet, but when he's bad he really does look like a fish out of water as a professional footballer.

9 minutes ago, Warren said:

Upper half of the table ?

We are miles away from that 

I thought we were utterly ineffectual once again. Next to nothing in terms of actually testing their keeper.  Worrall  got a few balls into the box but the strikers just didn’t want to fight for them. 

I just find it incredible that we struggle for goals all season and the new manager seems to manage to make us less effective. 

Archived