onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

We were doing reasonably ok until Swann went off.We then resorted to  stiff neck ball.Fluke of a goal but how much time and space did he have to mishit that shot?Looking dire and desperate now.3 points out of 21 would normally cost the manager his job.

Advert

Just now, Joe B said:

No one's very good at this level. Cambridge and Bolton just win their games. They are consistent, don't have many horrorshows, and will take chances when presented. They stick to their plan and know, sooner or later, something will fall. 

Yes agreed but usually somebody stands out. I know we beat them at home but both recently Luton and Swindon were streets above anything I saw .

This season there's nobody outstanding. Or if there is I've missed it 

As Phil Bowers said during the match, something happened in October. The team was playing very well under Askey , and then all of a sudden it’s not? It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work that out. Player revolt is what it was . It’s all coming back to bite them now. I don’t buy the bad recruitment line. All water under the bridge now , but if we go down, and it looks likely , it’s down to a group of players who are lazy , greedy and self- important . Disgraceful. 

Just now, Houston Valiant said:

As Phil Bowers said during the match, something happened in October. The team was playing very well under Askey , and then all of a sudden it’s not? It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work that out. Player revolt is what it was . It’s all coming back to bite them now. I don’t buy the bad recruitment line. All water under the bridge now , but if we go down, and it looks likely , it’s down to a group of players who are lazy , greedy and self- important . Disgraceful. 

Don’t forget crap

I've given Darrel Clarke the benefit of the doubt since he's been at the Vale because of the injury situation but he's had long enough now to asses the players and develop  a way of playing to suit the players he's got.

Today there was no method or pattern of play, the player's don't play as a team, they don't know what each other are going to do, there's a total lack of confidence on the pitch. Players are included then excluded then not in the matchday squad.

Darrel Clarke and Flitcroft need to take a look at their approach.

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

This time next Saturday though Pete I don't envisage typing the words 

What a great win 

Me neither Darren, following Thursdays meeting and me as usual 'buying-in' to everything, to witness that has totally deflated and upset me, which is a shame for me and every other Vale fan out there.

Today, I saw a relegated side, offering nothing. Clarke for me came from nowhere, he speaks well, that is not enough. Sick of it and it will break my heart if we lose league status.

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Robinson didn’t work hard 

He was not the only one. It will take more than Mr Flitcrofts sports science to sort this sh*t out. I'd like to hear Askey's response to the fitness claims. to me when he came in, that was what I noticed about the Vale side. They were fitter and at em. We have some wasters at the club, even if fit won't look any different.

21 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

In my prediction spreadsheet, where I have us staying up on goal difference, I had us losing and Southend winning.

So for me, bizarrely ... we just made 2 points up on them.

I had Grimsby to win too.

Which games did you have us winning then because I can't see another win this season.

1 minute ago, pete vale said:

He was not the only one. It will take more than Mr Flitcrofts sports science to sort this sh*t out. I'd like to hear Askey's response to the fitness claims. to me when he came in, that was what I noticed about the Vale side. They were fitter and at em. We have some wasters at the club, even if fit won't look any different.

The fitness and pressing game against FGR at home early last season was a thing of beauty. We were superb for 95 minutes

Just listening to the sjoke manager and that could be the same words our manager would use.  We are not clinical enough, we couldn't score, we can't kill games off.  Some of the players are not good enough.

Sounds so familiar doesn't it.

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

Just listening to the sjoke manager and that could be the same words our manager would use.  We are not clinical enough, we couldn't score, we can't kill games off.  Some of the players are not good enough.

Sounds so familiar doesn't it.

At least he's usually bladdered to take away the hurt 

3 minutes ago, valiant steve said:

We narrowly lost to the form team. Tuesday is now, in my opinion, a MUST WIN GAME! 

No excuses. No negative tactics. No bottlers. Put the ball in the net! Win. 

Bit of a problem there, we can't put the ball in the net and a lot of the players don't seem able to up their game.

Archived