onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

Advert

Most of the Vale players must realise they will be gone come next season. 

So you would think they would try to show what they can do to get new contracts at the next club that want to take a risk on them but I guess they aren't bothered to do that either.

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

You got any tips of the euros your like that mystic octopus that tried picking the winner of the world cup. Your spreadsheet on the first week has already shown your predictions are off we will not win another league game this season. FACT

Off in a positive way thankfully!

Surely we expected Clarke to have more of an impact than this? Of course Askey is largely to blame and the finger can be pointed at thee owners for delaying the appointment of a new manager, but Clarke can’t get a free ride can he? In terms of results he has had no impact. He himself would have expected to have won some games, surely? Otherwise why come to endure this?

16 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Rodney should change career and become a sprinter. If he's a footballer then I'm Gandhi reborn.

Bit harsh. Back in November people were talking about how the club have to try and hold off any six figure offers for him in January, talk of getting millions for him in the future.

I thought they were on cloud cuckoo land personally but he did show raw ability at the start of the season

1 minute ago, upthevale said:

This club is great at everything apart from football. Maybe football club should be taken away from the title, and we should be called 'port vale meals on wheels'! Would be more appropriate 

Also won the best club badge contest as well.  🙃

I think you can recognise that Clarke's been dealt a bad hand but also accept he's performing poorly in his role at present. Giving minutes to complete frauds and seems to have overseen a regression in attack.

It's not enough to form a conclusive judgement but it's not good. 

4 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Like I said the other week, we have been crying out for non league for too many years now. We are getting what we deserve, end of.

It might sound cruel or harsh but we have been consistently rubbish for years (bar the odd season) and we have been a shambles off the pitch for too many years. Everything is now creeping up with us and we will get what we have deserved.

Things might have improved off the pitch but on the pitch they are worse than ever this has to be the worse team we have ever had 

In difficult conditions with a very poor pitch and high wind we have played reasonably well. The only defensive error led to a fluke goal by Bolton. But we don't look like scoring. Because we are defensive orientated we have a long way to go when we get possession and we struggle to get numbers in the box. Put its not effective to keep swinging and hitting really poor shots from long distance. The fact we are solid means we can win games 1-0 ourselves and we have to hope we can do that against Newport. I felt Bolton today showed they will possibly win the league. They are big and strong and could play on our pitch. They lacked quality with crosses, but wind is playing a factor. We have been competitive the last two home games and its far from hopeless. But its squeaky bum time now where we need to win. There are decisive games coming up with Colchester away. 

1 minute ago, Wrex said:

Bit harsh. Back in November people were talking about how the club have to try and hold off any six figure offers for him in January, talk of getting millions for him in the future.

I thought they were on cloud cuckoo land personally but he did show raw ability at the start of the season

Hes <ovf censored> garbage

The Colchester and Barrow games are the ones that will save us or send us down. All the positivity from Thursdays meeting and we witness that. I will save the negativity but as the saying goes "You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"

So sad, bitterly disappointing, cruel to have to witness this at home.

Archived