onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

Depending on if we have fit full backs, i'd be going 3-5-2.

If its 4-4-2, Amoo for Rodders, Robinson (gulp) for Guthrie.

I think we will get steamrollered in all honesty, they are on a great run and we can't hit a barn door. I'll be optimistic and say 2-0 Bolton.

Advert

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Yes. Well certainly if it was between him and Guthrie. The only striker, other than Pope who has looked convincing in the past 5 years or so. 

Has  Jones fully recovered from his injury? Would be a risk, Taylor is the nearest we have to a poacher?

a lot of their key players who continue to feature on their run were playing when we put 6 past them. Yes they have a new formation and a few new additions, but Mills and Fitz were playing on that day. let's be positive

Our survival is NOT dependent on us getting anything from this game.

We don’t need anything from Saturdays game to stay up.

Its ok if we lose to a Bolton.

There are FAR better chances for us to pick up points than playing the team top of the form table.

How else can I say this...

Don't lose your head if we get beaten on Saturday.

89A8965B-4038-4FB8-B462-CE3630BC86F7.jpeg

Our survival is NOT dependent on us getting anything from this game.
We don’t need anything from Saturdays game to stay up.
Its ok if we lose to a Bolton.
There are FAR better chances for us to pick up points than playing the team top of the form table.
How else can I say this...
Don't lose your head if we get beaten on Saturday.
89A8965B-4038-4FB8-B462-CE3630BC86F7.thumb.jpeg.918f91daabf659a51478a0c9de78af5b.jpeg

We reserve the right to lose our head

My team 

Brown Mills Smith Legge Crookes 

Worrall Burgess Joyce Conlon Amoo 

Swann 

Conlons got the free role smash one in from thirty five yards Burgess is a good footballer who will find Swann regularly and Bolton will have a player sent off .

Vale will win about time too 

UTV 

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

My team 

Swann 

This is the 1st line up I've ever seen from you where I agree. 😀

We must be on to a winner. 

8 minutes ago, MBE said:

This is the 1st line up I've ever seen from you where I agree. 😀

We must be on to a winner. 

We better be after missing all them chances the other night we can pick them off the ball need not come off head height hit the ball low and hard into the box and Swann be ready as we may only have a few chances in this game so they need be taken .

Can Guthrie /Robinson be trusted put the ball in the onion bag because football is all about goals ,you score one you gain confidence, if you concede one you got it all to do .

We have scored  43 and conceded 49 Bolton have scored 44 and conceded 42 so let's not be afraid ,get out there Vale players and do the watching Vale fans proud especially the ones who pay watch you .

There form is great and if your a player these are the games you look forwards to playing a club who not long ago were reaching the semi final of FA Cup and losing 5-0 to Stoke .

Last home game we played them great atmosphere they going for promotion from league 1 we start the game well big Reggie Cecilia gets sent off wrongly and they win 2-0 I think much to my annoyance ,that's the season we went down .

I want a superb display this sat nothing less UTV by whom who cares just score more than themand win if its 7-6Vale couldn't care less WIN the game players do not fall into the trap of being beaten before a ball is kicked .

Surely Clarke will go 5 at the back and then be more adventurous against Newport. 

But who does he bring in? It’s got to be either Olangunju (?) or Brisley. If the newbie is further down the pecking order than Brisley and Crookes then we should have bought in another striker - one who can hold the ball up and / or score a goal. I know we have loads already, but we need more of league standard to play in football league matches.

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

My team 

Swann 

Conlons got the free role smash one in from thirty five yards Burgess is a good footballer who will find Swann regularly and Bolton will have a player sent off .

Vale will win about time too 

UTV 

551 is ballsy. I think I’d keep Brown in goal myself, though it might work for Bolton if Guthrie plays.

Archived