onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sentinel: ‘What’s he supposed to do’ – Port Vale fans’ chief backs Clarke

News Feed

Advert

Good for him - an opportunity to deal with fans directly (or as close to that as we can get in the present circumstances).  Fans are worried about losing our league status, but for some fans to be calling for his head so soon in to his time at Vale is crazy.  He willingly took on board this club, knowing that we have fought against relegation in three of the last 4 seasons, and obviously feels he can keep us up. Let's see what he can do when all the sick notes are back on the pitch - hardly his fault that players are going down like flies.  We agree his interviews area refreshing change from previous incumbents, but then twist it against him to say he's all talk!  He's not allowed to put his boots on and play for us, so talk is pretty much all he can do with this squad to get them to play the way he wants to. Not his fault that many of the players aren't good enough, or can't maintain it over 90 minutes. I hope we use this opportunity to get behind Darrell, worried though we are, and not turn it in to a whinge fest about factors over which he has no control.

I do not think fans are calling for his head and if they are thats absurd give the bloke chance  he as being in the building 21 days now come last game if we third from bottom and still not won a game then rightly we will wonder what the hell have we employed .

I like him I see a bright future for Vale ,just gotta get a few wins I think they will love how he comes across passionate and straight talking and once he gets all the best players back there will be a massive difference imagine how good Vale are going be with extra fitness and quality .

I am not unduly worried the owners are going have a good week this next 3 games are going be wins ,lets hope whoever Clarke selects as that belief too if not they shouldn't be in the game .

UTV 

Well, there have been plenty of comments on here to say his interviews are better, so "we" clearly do on this forum.  No-one has said his interviews are dull. My own view is that he doesn't have players available that are good enough, which is why we are fighting relegation. Our best players are frequently injured.  I would love to be proved wrong over the next few games, and see us put on some promotion style form.  He's had 5 games.

7 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

Well, there have been plenty of comments on here to say his interviews are better, so "we" clearly do on this forum.  No-one has said his interviews are dull. My own view is that he doesn't have players available that are good enough, which is why we are fighting relegation. Our best players are frequently injured.  I would love to be proved wrong over the next few games, and see us put on some promotion style form.  He's had 5 games.

I’m not too bothered about promotion style form now,

some staying up style form would be very useful though.

A mate of mine is a Walsall fan, and when he saw Clarke was coming to the Vale, we had a chat about him.  He said he was "edgy", and didn't mind ruffling feathers to get what he wanted. He didn't warm to him either, but to be honest, though liking the bloke would be a bonus, I'd settle for respecting him for keeping us in the league this year and up the league next year.  I don't think Clarke much cares about us having a warm feeling about him - that might come when we start playing swashbuckling football and winning games.  There is a reason we all warmed to John Rudge.

4 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

“We” don’t all agree his interviews are a refreshing change. He has sufficient players available that are good enough and he’s the one whinging.

Good evening Valiant62,

One hopes you are well on this fine and somewhat mild evening in March.

Jeff would like to inquire into whom you think is good enough to play football for Mr Clarke out of the current bunch of 'footballers' he has had the unfortunate pleasure of inheriting from John Colin Askey?

The last time one witnessed a performance as bad as anything this bunch churn out every Saturday is when one attempted to do "Man! I Feel Like A Woman" by Shania Twain on karaoke in a Sports Bar in Cleethorpes back in 99'. One won't go into the full details but the reception was frosty from the locals!

All the very best,

Jeff.

12 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

A mate of mine is a Walsall fan, and when he saw Clarke was coming to the Vale, we had a chat about him.  He said he was "edgy", and didn't mind ruffling feathers to get what he wanted. He didn't warm to him either, but to be honest, though liking the bloke would be a bonus, I'd settle for respecting him for keeping us in the league this year and up the league next year.  I don't think Clarke much cares about us having a warm feeling about him - that might come when we start playing swashbuckling football and winning games.  There is a reason we all warmed to John Rudge.

putting round pegs in square holes-but has no choice at the moment.😆:drink:

Archived