onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I get what you mean, lockdown is bad enough mentally and the Vale in this situation is making it even worse because it’s just all depressing isn’t it?

You look for it to give you a lift on a Saturday or Tuesday but Christ they’ve let us down.

As I’ve mentioned before against Chesterfield second half I thought I was going to have a heart attack (I was 32!) I was that worked up, really is a horrible feeling and hope we can ease those worries tonight.

I often wish I didn’t care as much as I do.

Exactly.

I was the same. I could almost of burst into tears against Chesterfield and Mansfield, they both felt absolutely huge moments in the respective seasons. 

Because we aren't there it's almost like I feel aloof and disassociated with it all somehow. 

Advert

Exactly.
I was the same. I could almost of burst into tears against Chesterfield and Mansfield, they both felt absolutely huge moments in the respective seasons. 
Because we aren't there it's almost like I feel aloof and disassociated with it all somehow. 

This is the most disappointing of the three struggles at this level for me because we haven’t got the ‘excuse’ of being a basket case club under Smurf this time. We’d actually be going down in a weird situation where we are probably the opposite in terms of ownership which is absolutely bonkers.

I actually dread games now though. Just feels like heading to the gallows almost.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I don’t know why but I fancy is to get something tonight. (That may change when the 11 is announced) but right now I’m hoping tonight is the night we can put relegation fears behind us somewhat 

even if we win we're still in the thick of it. would be a fantastic start to beat these and see the other teams lose. it's a great chance to put some distance between on both counts

Have the players had a clear the air meeting cause by browns statement it seems players don't get on with each other is rodney's and taylor's long contracts a problem some of the players might not like that to young players have these and there's are running out and they may not get a new one why will they not play for port vale  they are on a contract to play  not just turn up and pick a wage if they are going down do it with a fight not a whime can not keep blaming managers when the players cross the white line it up to each one to do there level best.

22 minutes ago, 1 said:

3 at home on the bounce and then away at Colchester.

5 points at least there.

there's no way we will lose 3 back to back home games in a row.

There’s no way the Premier League Champions could lose 6  on the trot.

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I'm absolutely dreading this game. Like to a point where it's making me ill.

I didn't sleep last night. 

The thought of being in non-league is really affecting me. I don't think we'd ever recover.

I'm praying for everything we get 3 points tonight

However, this is Vale, and they regularly and consistently let me down.

Please don't do it tonight, please.

With you there mate. After 40 plus years of supporting Vale I, too, still regularly feel sick to the stomach with worry about our existence. Sleepless nights are regular even though I accept we have fantastic owners now who want us to genuinely succeed. 

Part of the religion of a football fanatic I'm afraid. I still live in hope I'll get to watch Vale in a higher Division and slowly progress. 

I wouldn't swap it however for any other Club or passion in life. Once a Valiant, a Valiant for Life. VTID.

We need to start winning -2 pts from a possible 15 is dire.

We are stuck with the players we have, we have changed the manager (and got no new manager bounce) hired a DoF and still we are in free fall into the non league.

One once can we just go out tonight as a team, forget the past and who is to blame, play the game we were capable of last season and the start of this and win.

Give the fans and Carol something to cheer about.

17 hours ago, 1 said:

The end of his interview sounded like a wink towards some players being back for tomorrow. Let’s hope so.

Yes I picked up on that if so let's hope they are ready and fighting fit to put a excellent shift in for Vale .

Brown was right about the recruitment but now is the time for every player to give more than what they have got not for themselves although you would think that self motivation and desire would be top notch each game ,no for the chair lady who's heart as big as Burslem who deserves better and does not deserve this horrible season we are all witnessing .

Team well ì think the system what finished the game v Cheltenham should be stuck too we certainly gave a good account of ourselves that last 20.

I cannot pick a team ,watched Vale be in this situation loads over the years it's all so disheartening. 

We have 13 games left to put some honour back in the badge ,1170 plus injury time of passing and moving shooting and being positive and hopefully blocking shots and lots of clean sheets for Brown Scott etc .

Let's hope there mentality is a winning one too many times we look beaten before a balls kicked whether that's down to non self belief ,not wanting play or a deep rooted dislike of team mates, I have no idea but what I do know is if I was manager I would be choosing the 11 i can trust to do a great job for Vale tonight and on forth .

WIN everything Vale if theres a ball to be won win it ,if theres a chance shoot hit it and give our fans a boost .

BE MEN 

UTV 

Archived