onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

18 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Probably the best game under Clarke but oh for a striker who can score goals. We have too many players who play upfront but cant do their day jobs and score. Too many non league strikers who patently arent good enough for league 2.

We have to remember that none of these players are his,so luckily for us i can see a totally new forward line next season 

Advert

5 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Not having a go here but why are some people convinced Popey is suddenly going to start scoring goals and providing assists if he returns?3 league goals this season (1 goal since October 31)(Zac Mills has scored 2)and 6(including pens) last season along with 3 assists over the 2 seasons. He has stated he won’t be properly ready even when his arm has healed.Thank the Lord for Devante Rodney,the man who saved us.

Yes. He has saved us this last 5 games or so.

Hallelujah for Rodney

The player on the bench or injured is usually seen as our saviour and the better option. The last 6 games or so, whoever has been up front has been poor, so yes Pope will always be seen as the better option. The sooner the better.

My choice would be Pope and Rodney. Hope they cab have a few games together and can get us the two / three wins we need.

Imo if somehow we can beat Colchester,Barrow and Grimsby then we will stay up.

Worrall clearly motm last night but i have to say that for me close behind was Crookes,after the stick he gets including off me he deserves some credit,the most improved player under Clarke and i never thought i would say this but continue this way and he could be playing himself in to a new contract offer 😮 I will say though no way will Cullen,Robinson or Guthrie be here at the start of next season.

19 hours ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

but we did play Oldham tonight. Very poor and happy for one point from first minute

I didn't see the game, so can only comment based on what others have said, or was in the papers. I don't think it's fair to say we were happy for a point from 1st minute, as we had more than 20 shots and hit the post, art least indicating a willingness to win the game! And, yes, it was Oldham - a team better placed in the League than us, and with a reasonable away record. A point gained, though. rather than 2 lost!

Might be me but I think he looks over weight and unfit. 

I guess cullens not a target man like Guthrie . Swann and him are very similar in style and I couldn’t see it working . For me against Bolton , it would be worth trying amoo and Worrall on the wings , Rodney and Swann up top ..

4..4...fkin 2

As the great Mike Bassett once said

It’s not you. Bloke can’t run. Nether is he good enough along with the rest of them. 
Cullen has always struck me as being similar to Pope but without the height and strength. Pretty competent with the ball & a good football brain.

Unfortunately he doesn't have height, speed or strength. Unless you are outstanding with the ball at your feet I think you have to have one of these attributes as a striker. On top of that he has been anything but clinical this season so I struggle to see what he offers.

Pope needs crosses into the box.

Worrall on Tuesday was one of the only times this season that has been provided in any sort of scorable way.

Pope instead of Guthrie and we would have won handily.

You can't give a striker no service or support and then say he's <ovf censored>. Yes he's getting on but Worrall was on fire on Tuesday and all it needed was someone half competent to convert.

18 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I wonder if Guthrie will go the equivalent of a whole season - that’s 46 league games - without scoring?? On last nights evidence, it seems a certainty. 

If he scores one and we avoid relegation because of it, I'm content with his input at this stage. 

On 09/03/2021 at 20:49, TylerB said:

Give him a reach around if you like. I'll just say it as it is, and his record suggests, that he's <ovf censored> <ovf censored>.

Yeah, nobody really disputes this though do they? If he was any good he’d be playing for Bradford. And if our other forwards were any good we wouldn’t have needed to bring him in. The difference in our thinking is that, if we were both in the ground, I’d be encouraging him/praying that he’d score, whereas you’d be screaming at him that he was a disgrace.

6 hours ago, grand prix pants said:

Yeah, nobody really disputes this though do they? If he was any good he’d be playing for Bradford. And if our other forwards were any good we wouldn’t have needed to bring him in. The difference in our thinking is that, if we were both in the ground, I’d be encouraging him/praying that he’d score, whereas you’d be screaming at him that he was a disgrace.

I wouldn't be screaming at all. I can have a negative opinion on a forum without also foaming at the mouth inside a football stadium.

He's by no means a disgrace. He's just absolutely <ovf censored> at football, which is his living. If you do pray and he actually scores anytime soon then consider me converted. I'll spend every Sunday at Church whenever possible.

Archived