onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Mario said:

Who do you suggest we play in their place ? 

I'd choose the wheelie bin over Robinson, who should never play for Vale again. I bet they're some of our highest earners too, which sticks in my craw a bit.

Of all the options we have at the moment, Rodney and Swann. Top scorer and a fella who at least looks like a footballer. I know they both like to go in behind, but it's worth a try.

Advert

30 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

On one occasion in the first half he was at the far post after Guthrie nodded it on and had his shirt yanked back but no pen of course!

I agreed with you earlier. Yes he went for that one and i wished he had shown more willing to get there when pulled back. Let the ref see the shirt pull he just stood there dissappointed. The other two crosses he made no attempt for. Just waiting for the ball to fall to feet

34 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

On one occasion in the first half he was at the far post after Guthrie nodded it on and had his shirt yanked back but no pen of course!

Yes ,I spotted that shirt being pulled too.Stonewall penalty, but not for Vale again!

14 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Yep, the likes of Robinson and Guthrie are more athletes than footballers, Thought that about Robinson when he was here under Neil Paige. 

As the game turned out tonight someone like Cullen may have sniffed something out but he wasn't even on the bench I believe.

Rodney should be talking and learning from the likes of Cullen, Popey and anyone else who can coach/help him to score "ugly goals"/tap ins but it's instinct a player is usually born with.

Just my opinion but I hoped Taylor would get on, he's got a shot on him from outside the box and ghosts into the box unmarked. 

Rodney needs to learn to be a footballer. Its not just about hitting 30 yard screamers or head down and run through a brick wall. Not sure if he is capable of that.

Cullen has been there to tap a few goals in and yes maybe tonight last 20 mins he could have done so.

If we could only pick the poor players and play them when they were due to have their good 1 in 10 game

14 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Rodney needs to learn to be a footballer. Its not just about hitting 30 yard screamers or head down and run through a brick wall. Not sure if he is capable of that.

Cullen has been there to tap a few goals in and yes maybe tonight last 20 mins he could have done so.

If we could only pick the poor players and play them when they were due to have their good 1 in 10 game

Yes, but then we'd think that they were good.  We'd play them in the next game and then they'd be bad.  You really can't win.

Played a good game enjoyed it to not score was a travesty should have by a very big margin .

Worrall was top notch and I enjoyed his link up play with the excellent Mills it should have resulted in many goals .

12 games left play like them in all of them and score stay up easily .

Miss them chances and not gamble to score go down .

Cannot list all chances but anyone who has watched the game will wonder what the hell you have to do to score .

Well played Vale more like a team tonight for long time ,if we send Pope out and Worrall and Mills combine to the quality they have tonight we thrash Bolton and Newport make sure that's the case .

UTV 

Much more endeavour tonight in the sense of having more of the ball, more effort, but all it did for me was heighten the fact that our forward line is absolutely dross - Guthrie, Robinson, swan to a degree... but at least the lad has scored.

Other than the Conlan shot at the very end, I can’t remember their keeper making a decent save?

Shocking really!

Best performance since October just a Shame we haven't got a striker, wozza must have put in 6 top quality crosses that were begging to be finished. Conlon was so unlucky when he hit the post the keeper was rooted to the spot. Can we play like this 3 times in a week ? Considering Clarke saying players aren't fit enough

I think it’s harsh on Guthrie, he tried, got himself about a bit, he was right at them from the off and pressed well so wouldn’t say he’s lazy. Just can’t score!

Pope buries those headers but his were tame. That said it’s a shame the one good connection was so good... if he slightly connects with that volley second half a bit less clean it probably flies into the corner of the net.

Bolton is a free hit, if we can get something there and then we have three winnable games to follow.

4 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Robinson could care less about the club, or it’s ambitions, and Guthrie  is the same. They were useless tonight , and they just jogged off after the match , and couldn’t wait to get home. 

Guthrie run his socks off, you must have watched a different game to the one I watched!  

10 hours ago, Doha said:

Fair's fair, Legge was a different player to the tired liability he's been earlier in the season. At one point in injury time he chased down and won a seemingly lost ball in the Oldham penalty area and kept it in play for a cross. A 35 year old centre half. Captain worthy effort. 

do you think maybe through the season Legge has been mismanaged with the amount of games all crammed in and let’s not forget he had that seizure and he returned 3 days later to play in a league game all to try hep the team put. physically that would’ve been alot

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

I think it’s harsh on Guthrie, he tried, got himself about a bit, he was right at them from the off and pressed well so wouldn’t say he’s lazy. Just can’t score!

Pope buries those headers but his were tame. That said it’s a shame the one good connection was so good... if he slightly connects with that volley second half a bit less clean it probably flies into the corner of the net.

Bolton is a free hit, if we can get something there and then we have three winnable games to follow.

Just can't do his job you mean basically. He's one of the worst signings the club has made in recent times.

Archived