onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

1 hour ago, OtterVale said:

I really can not see where any goals are going to come from for the rest of the season, I can only say Clarke needs to figure out his best strikers and stick with them, not easy with the rubbish we have.

once Worral ans Amoo / Hurst are fit for a few games then our best two up top has to be

Guthrie and Rodney  -  until Pope can replace Guthrie.

Dont hol dtoo much hope for goals but its the best two up top for me.

Advert

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Yes weve not won tonight but if we play like that until the end of the season there is no way we will go down. Great performance just missing that little bit of quality/luck

We have to play better teams than Oldham though.

They were happy for a point and left one up front all night

Anyone bar Robinson. All the others are poor but they seem to be trying and buying into Clarke. Robinson lucky to get back in after askey rightly banjo'd him, Clarke given him a chance but he doesn't give a sh.t abt pvfc, that is obvious

Rodney by a country mile. 

We are actually so poor these last few months that utter average dross by the likes of Mills and Guthrie has somehow been dressed up as ' they had good games ' . 

If that's a yardstick of a good game then the bar is lower than I thought. 

I'd say Legge Smith Worrall were the best . Other than that it was a lot of huffing and puffing against a team who looked devoid of any plan apart from faffing around at the back . 

We've really missed a trick tonight and this weekend is huge again. Colchester v Grimsby and Barrow v Walsall who are playing terribly . 

Bolton have had as many shots as us tonight, but they scored twice and were playing an auto places Cambridge. There’s literally not a worse team we could pick to play on Saturday.

1 minute ago, 1 said:

Bolton have had as many shots as us tonight, but they scored twice and we’re playing an auto places Cambridge. There’s literally not a worse team we could pick to play on Saturday.

Last 10 games 

Won 8 drew 2 lost 0 

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Really disappointed. I had really enjoyed that match, first time I have been utterly fixed on a game from start to finish for ages. Should have won, but Guthrie missed so many easy ones with Worrall giving him great service. Robinson not much better and as for Rodney, he just doesn’t convince out wide on tonight’s evidence.

Were we any better after Guthrie replaced by Robinson. NO

Guthrie is the best option we have until Pope is fit 

Amazed that we couldn’t put the ball in the net. What was the change? From first the minute they looked a far better team. Sadly, with changes being made to the formation, line up and tactically that can not be completely and only from the manager. The chopping and by changing of formation, style of play and the rotation of players can’t be helpful. What has Burgess done? Looked to be the most productive player a few games ago and not even in the squad. Very very worried about the predicament facing everyone. 
If you were a new charge hand in a factory would you get the best from your staff by saying they aren’t any good? Of course not, why can a new manager at a football club think it’s ok? Professional people respond to the right approach, I hope that the approach tonight was because the new bloke treated his staff correctly and in a proper manner. Not sure about the new guy, hope I’m wrong. 

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Agree with this... very frustrating but that was a good performance.

We have battered them tonight and done everything but score.

I was starting to get worried that DC couldn’t get a performance out of them... well he did tonight. It’s not his fault our strikers are playing awfully.

If we play like this and get more match fitness into Manny and Amoo we will  create chances ... we need one to go in off someone’s arse.

Agree

We created chances tonight but the attempts on goal were really poor.

Guthrie main culprit which is why Pope has to be our saviour.

Not sure that Swann at his young age is the answer either but would still give him another go Saturday. If not Swann then its back to Rodney up front with Pope and Amoo / Hurst - even Monty out wide.

Then we will score goals to save us.

Tonights team could easily go another 4 or 5 games without scoring. Oldham probably the weakest team we will play in next few games

Archived