onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Sorry Joe. I thought that as about as bad as a performance I have seen from a 'striker'. I really dont think Guthrie is up to being a footballer. 0 in his last 34 games. Shouldnt be near the side

I never posted the post so I'm not sure what you're on about.

Advert

Don't know what to think. 

I'm a believer in you make your own luck, where was the desire to gamble, get in front of a man, anticipation of a possible cross , it was almost like we are waiting for luck instead of making something happen.

I actually feel a little deflated, not with the performance but more the fact if we can't beat that utter tripe who can we beat. 

Finally what has happened to Conlon ? He's become a shadow of the player we were watching. 

Worrall man of the match by a country mile

Why do people have the need to call other posters stoke fans just because they have different opinions? So childish 
Considering we're 21st and haven't won a game since January , fans are gonna be frustrated and pessimistic after another frustrating game. 

Just struggle to see the logic of some, if they are actually real supporters of the club ..I will put it down to not actually having a clue about football instead.

Just now, dazzerjames said:

They would be bottom if the worst and have one of the better away records in the league .. and we battered them

Come on man, wake up. Did they look a good side to you? They looked like a side that had sacked their manager and hadn’t done much prep for the game. They played out from the back time and time and time again and always ran into trouble yet we still didn’t have it in us to capitalise. Does that look like a side capable of scoring against Bolton??? Because I seriously doubt we’ll keep a clean sheet against Doyle.

Cant believe people aren’t seeing that Conlon is clearly being ask to sit back more. He rarely gave the ball away during the game and had a couple of decent efforts on goal. He’s just playing a different role to that which he did earlier in the season. 

Anyone considered us making Oldham look tripe by defending well, controlling the middle, and creating a boatload of chances which John Rudge at his ripe old age would have stuck away with ease?

No, silly me. The opposition team exist in a vacuum. Carry on. 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

I'm a believer in you make your own luck, where was the desire to gamble, get in front of a man, anticipation of a possible cross , it was almost like we are waiting for luck instead of making something happen.

I felt a bit like that towards the end. Some classic Askeyball creeped into our play where there was a lot of nervously passing the buck by way of heading it back across goal or trying a flick on. Hit it yourself donkey, it's the 97th minute, you're in the fcking penalty area in space and we need a winner.

They were awful , and we were better . Just like we are better than Grimsby , Southend and Colchester . No I think we will lose on Saturday , but we will beat some teams in and around us with performances like that to stay up

Get this season gone ! Trust me in as frustrated as you are ... dog won’t even look at me

Before tonight Oldham’s away record was won 7, drawn 4, lost 4. And Keith Curle has never lost as a manger at Vale Park. I’m astonished we got a point!
Past form doesn't come into it tonight though. They were awful and we weren't good enough to bury them and get the 3 points that may have ensured we get to safety.

I have maintained throughout this that we have enough points to not go down but the more opportunities we miss to gain points the more concerned I become.

In January we were saying the squad was too good for mid table and we needed to change the manager after an abysmal run. Now we are looking at the teams below us with a very squeaky bottom.

1 minute ago, Doha said:

I felt a bit like that towards the end. Some classic Askeyball creeped into our play where there was a lot of nervously passing the buck by way of heading it back across goal or trying a flick on. Hit it yourself donkey, it's the 97th minute, you're in the fcking penalty area in space and we need a winner.

Yeah. For all our possession, chance creation dried up as the game wore on and it became more a case of putting hopeful balls into the mixer and hoping the second ball dropped to a white shirt.

1 minute ago, Rory said:

He's a waste of space mate. Theo Robinson had a poor do when he came on but at least he might be able to score a goal now and again. This article really makes me laugh.

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/sport/football/2021/01/20/guthrie-i-forced-port-vale-switch-to-end-bradford-blues/.

‘I wanted something short term so I can just play football and then I’ll evaluate in the summer,’ the 27-year-old explained. ‘If I like it here I’ll be more than happy to stay. If I do really well, I’ll evaluate my options.’

Is the bloke for real? Jesus Christ.

OUT OUT OUT!

Never knew he said that. Pretty awful thing to say when joining a club. Get rid

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Don't know what to think. 

I actually feel a little deflated, not with the performance but more the fact if we can't beat that utter tripe who can we beat. 

Finally what has happened to Conlon ? He's become a shadow of the player we were watching. 

Worrall man of the match by a country mile

Conlon is not playing his favourite game,going forward. He's obviously filling a defensive hole that has been poor for months.He sprayed the ball about well and contributed well off the ball.He also had a couple of shots ,one hitting the post.

Positives... total domination from minute 1 to 98... expected Oldham to have 10-15 minutes of the game but it was all one way traffic.

Loads of chances, crosses and creativity

Point further from Southend so effectively 7 with the GD with another game down.

Biggest was the fitness, we just kept going and looked much more fitter.

Popes on we win that 4 or 5 and he’s back soon.

Crookes superb, Worrall looked a man possessed and felt Swan did well. Legge dealt with Bahamboula with relative ease.

Negatives...

Guthrie just isn’t confident at all, then balls first half were a dream for a striker to attack.

Didn’t take chances.

Two points dropped

It reminded me of Notts away under Askey which turned the corner somewhat as we then followed on with victory over Mansfield and pushed on from there to relative safety. I’m more confident that we have it in the locker to push away to safety certainly now. Bolton is a free hit with their form but if we can grind a point out there and set up the Newport game nicely.

Archived