onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Just now, Mario said:

Who do you suggest we play in their place ? 

Anyone surely? I think Rodney and Swan with Worrall and Amoo out wide. Rodney needs to improve though. What has happened with Cullen? I know he's not great but he was alright last season and generally ok in front of goal at home. One thing is for sure, Guthrie & Robinson would be last and 2nd last choice no matter who the other options are.

Advert

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

Thats the 1st game since Exeter away I have felt emotionally involved in. Brilliant work rate. More please Darrell.

Agree

I enjoyed the game, thought we played some decent stuff and the pressing from Wozza and Swan was impressive. The fitness certainly looks better as well. Just gutting we couldnt get a goal

Why not? Our forwards aren't just suddenly going to become decent. If Pope is back soon then just maybe we have a chance, otherwise it's curtains. We won't win more than 2 games for the rest of the season without Pope up top. Without I wouldn't be surprised much if we don't win another game.

No the strikers aren’t scoring , but we had 20 plus chances created , with numerous players from all over the pitch having opportunities. If we had scored early , the players would have relaxed with some of the opportunities and we would have comfortably won . Have a little faith and see what was a 100 % committed performance , with key players back from injury.

The performance was much improved, we took the game to Oldham and were much the better team. We should have won but yet again, we didn’t. Whatever combination we try upfront just doesn’t work. The quality in the final third is lacking.

We can’t muster a lucky win whether we are playing well or rubbish. This is what worries me.

Just now, dazzerjames said:

Stoke fans ... everywhere

Why do people have the need to call other posters stoke fans just because they have different opinions? So childish 

Considering we're 21st and haven't won a game since January , fans are gonna be frustrated and pessimistic after another frustrating game. 

I’m sorry but I did not see anything to be positive about there. We could have played until Saturday and not scored, and they were one of the worst sides we’ve played this season. If we cannot beat them, we sure as Hell aren’t going to beat Bolton on Saturday. 

They would be bottom if the worst and have one of the better away records in the league .. and we battered them

Ive been very critical of the dross that Vale have served up recently, but I really appreciated the effort tonight.The Vale really deserved to batter a team with one of the best away records in the league.Lets not forget that.Vale made them look a very poor outfit at times.The high tempo was welcome and with a bit of luck it could easily have been 4 -1.Im certainly not a happy clapper but give credit where it is due.Where has this commitment been since November 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Ok I'll bite.
20 odd chances created far far more than recently.
Restricted a very good Oldham away team ( Look at the record ) to 2 half chances.
Worrall back
Amoo and Manny getting on the pitch.
An obvious increase in effort and desire.
We don't have a devine right to score just as Klopp is finding out.
If we had ambled round like we did against Kings Lynn and others then I would agree but we didn't.

Nice one Mario , saying what 99.9 % of fans thinking

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'm trying to word a post in which, despite accepting his profligacy was laughably poor, I defend Guthrie's overall contributions to our excellent creativity tonight, and suggest a goal is imminent.

I'll get dogs abuse though, so I won't bother.

Sorry Joe. I thought that was about as bad as a performance I have seen from a 'striker'. I really dont think Guthrie is up to being a footballer. 0 in his last 34 games. Shouldnt be near the side

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Anyone surely? I think Rodney and Swan with Worrall and Amoo out wide. Rodney needs to improve though. What has happened with Cullen? I know he's not great but he was alright last season and generally ok in front of goal at home. One thing is for sure, Guthrie & Robinson would be last and 2nd last choice no matter who the other options are.

So we only have Cullen left to try and fit in DC has tried all permutations

Archived