onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Where the hell is Cullen?

Oyeleke looked uncharacteristically poor but he hasn't played in a long time.

Worrall MOTM without question. Amoo a bit awkward but involved. Those two must be involved in every game until the end now. Need Pope back ASAP and Cullen too as an alternative to Sherger and Seabiscuit stumbling around up top. 

Advert

If we can stay up tonight has at least given me confidence in Clarke. The style was good, the pressing was great and it was attacking and we should have won by 5/6 at least, all be it against a shocking side. We cant start either of the two donkeys again though. 

I called out Worrall earlier on in the season for his shocking goal-scoring record and I'll always stand by that. A player of his ability in League Two should be scoring more goals. But when he's fit and plays he takes us up about 2 levels. Him and Pope's fitness are the key to us surviving. 

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

For a team that hasn't scored in 4 of the last 5 games some people seem incredibly optimistic. We played pretty well tonight until the final bit, but let's not forgot just how truly awful Oldham were.

Difference is we created chances tonight and didn't get that bit of luck which we desperately need. In those other games we never created anything.

If we play with that intensity, desire with a bit of creativity we will score. It will only take one goal for it to change and the confidence to come back.

We have extended the gap from the bottom 2 and we have Wozza and Amoo back from injury.Give them a couple of games to start firing and we will be OK.

Oldham were awful but you can say the same for at least 15 teams in this league.

Guest Vale at home
3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If we had put in a performance like Oldham tonight and got a point everyone on here would have been saying how lucky we were. Oldham were very lucky tonight. 

Well said. 

8 hours ago, MBE said:

Difference is we created chances tonight and didn't get that bit of luck which we desperately need. In those other games we never created anything.

If we play with that intensity, desire with a bit of creativity we will score. It will only take one goal for it to change and the confidence to come back.

We have extended the gap from the bottom 2 and we have Wozza and Amoo back from injury.Give them a couple of games to start firing and we will be OK.

Oldham were awful but you can say the same for at least 15 teams in this league.

True. But they were there for the taking tonight and quite simply we didn't, for all the positive play.

7 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Really disappointed. I had really enjoyed that match, first time I have been utterly fixed on a game from start to finish for ages. Should have won, but Guthrie missed so many easy ones with Worrall giving him great service. Robinson not much better and as for Rodney, he just doesn’t convince out wide on tonight’s evidence.

Thats the 1st game since Exeter away I have felt emotionally involved in. Brilliant work rate. More please Darrell.

4 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m sorry but I did not see anything to be positive about there. We could have played until Saturday and not scored, and they were one of the worst sides we’ve played this season. If we cannot beat them, we sure as Hell aren’t going to beat Bolton on Saturday. 

Wow mate, really?  I’m negative about vale but come on. How about...we played 442 and didn’t get absolutely over run in midfield. Worrall 90 minutes. Amoo back.  Created endless chances. Clean sheet. Commitment from all 10 players on the pitch (and mills).Pope to come back.

It may not have been to your standards, how ever ludicrously high they are for a league two side in a relegation scrap but play like that for the remaining games and we stay up. There were far more positives tonight than there have been for the last few weeks. 

7 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

That's the best we've played since.....conner remember but oh so frustrating. i feel more like "happy clapping" after that than the last 3 weeks.

Theo Rbinson is bleeding awful, mind you Manny didn't do himself any favours in his little cameo either.

hahahaha...if you want to happy clap - go ahead! It's entirely up to you!! 🤣

2 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

Every comment tonight from u start to finish was negative or slagging them off 

infact it’s every game I suppose most games u have a point but tonight they tried and were unlucky 

I’ll say again, I didn’t find (m)any positives tonight other than the clean sheet and extra point. Did we completely out play them?? No. And they were a really poor side IMO. There was no real pattern of play and it all got a bit desperate, hoping something would just drop to us. I have to say, I have never seen two strikers so ineffectual as Guthrie and Robinson. In fact, we’d be better off putting Leon Legge up front if you ask me.

Archived