onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

5 hours ago, bomber said:

An other fellow sufferer then! Why do we care so much? 

Never sleep properly on a matchday as work nights usually have 3 hrs maximum  as I'm bouncing, I'm up for it ,I'm ready for the match and wanting the Vale do me proud which is very rare but I  and most supporters keep doing it keep caring for our football club and wanting them do so well .

Stand up if you love the Vale well our supporters do Love them and we are not accepting of what we have being subjected to so far this season ,its being abject in a word .

Let's hope we have a very good end to the season I'd like 13 wins just to make up for those 17 terrible defeats ,can they do it YES footballs a confidence game gain some tonight our VALE. 

1 minute ago, Breadwinner said:

Never sleep properly on a matchday as work nights usually have 3 hrs maximum  as I'm bouncing, I'm up for it ,I'm ready for the match and wanting the Vale do me proud which is very rare but I  and most supporters keep doing it keep caring for our football club and wanting them do so well .

Stand up if you love the Vale well our supporters do Love them and we are not accepting of what we have being subjected to so far this season ,its being abject in a word .

Let's hope we have a very good end to the season I'd like 13 wins just to make up for those 17 terrible defeats ,can they do it YES footballs a confidence game gain some tonight our VALE. 

I can completely relate with you regarding night shifts and Vale. They don't mix really .

I once did a 12 hour nights 18-00PM - 06.00 AM and at 7-30 am after a shower was in a car to Sunderland to watch Vale ( not driving i might add 😀)  . Crazy really but it's what we do.

We can tell the passion you have in your posts mate and i totally empathise with the shift work.

Tonight you deserve to be rewarded for your lack of sleep with a dazzling win.

26 minutes ago, WV said:

Not sure why but I do fancy us to win tonight. We clearly won't keep a clean sheet so its gonna be a 2-1 or 3-2. 

This is my worry. We're all expecting the team to do something tonight.

How many times have we been in this position and the team lets us down?

We've all looked at the next few games and highlighted this one as the most winnable.

I know full well what's coming and it's breaking me down.

10 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

We've all looked at the next few games and highlighted this one as the most winnable.

Nah. 2-0. Putting it to bed tonight and Legge will eat up Curle’s hoof balling.

24 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I have no idea what Vale will do this evening, but hang on in there valeparklife. PVFC means so much to us I know. If we've lost a game and I'm driving back to Norfolk, it's generally raining, every traffic light is red and the journey takes about 3 days. When we've won the return trip is made under blue skies and sunshine, the birds are singing, every traffic light is green and I'm home in around 20 minutes. 

Cromer pier reopened today, if we win tonight, I'm going to cartwheel from the promenade along the pier to the lifeboat house and back wearing only my Vale scarf and Bob hat. Look out for me on the "and finally" section on the News at Ten

Good luck for tonight Vale

It’s good to hear that there are so many other Vale fans who feel the same as me. I feel so sick sometimes watching the game ! Only happy when we are winning by three and one minute to go, then I can relax. Dreading tonight it will be like watching a horror film, just hope we are well up for it and have a bit of luck. Anyway out with the prayer mat and on my knees ! 

6 hours ago, valefan16 said:

This is the most disappointing of the three struggles at this level for me because we haven’t got the ‘excuse’ of being a basket case club under Smurf this time. We’d actually be going down in a weird situation where we are probably the opposite in terms of ownership which is absolutely bonkers.

I actually dread games now though. Just feels like heading to the gallows almost.

This is part of the reason it's affecting me so much.

I despised Smurthwaite more than anything, and was so pleased Carol "paid the ransom". I always felt it was a matter of time we'd end up in non-league under him. Which is why this season hurts so much more than usual as we have perfect owners and they are putting the right things in place to make us a professional football club.

I really feel for Carol right now and I'd be gutted for them if we went down. Would be heartbreaking.

Yeah it’s tough, we were all on such a high and I felt these struggles were in the past. Wife doesn’t get it, I’m here whilst all my family are buzzing as Leicester enjoy their most glorious years and guess it’s harder not being there with the fans grumbling together.

Feel for Carol and Kevin they deserve better as do the fans. Feels a real kick in the teeth with the backing they’ve given, we’ve given the club and us doing “the right thing” voted to end it.

17 minutes ago, Moz said:

Carol and Kev deserve a result tonight. If the players have any respect for them, they'll cover every blade twice tonight...

Even those players who think they will be moved on in the Summer, ought to be playing for their own pride, if nothing else. If they keep shambling round like TWD their careers are over!

Archived