onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

I completely agree with this. Clarke is being far too negative with the staff. We all agree that the squad is not good enough but are they this poor? His approach is similar to that taken when Clough went into Leeds. I thought his after match interview was awful. This team needs confidence and he is draining it from them. Even better players like Conlon and Rodney are looking poor. I have witnessed his approach to training. He basically shouted do it my way or f off. This approach to is diametrically opposed to that of Carol whose approach is to  basically put her arm around people. I can't believe she is happy with his approach. I don't think it helps that many of the players know they won't be here next season. She will regret giving him a three and a half year contract. Personally I think he will be gone by Xmas. Carol has given the responsibility to Flitcroft and she will live to regret that decision. I am in the sixth decade of supporting the Vale but I have never been this concerned about the direction we are heading in. I fear relegation is  becoming a reality.     
3 wins in half a season so yes they are this bad as for putting his arm around them like Carol would thats not worked so far so a change is needed.

Advert

2 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

Let’s just get behind him last thing we want is fans turning on him already 

To be fair, its only Grumpy Old Man with a daft Clarke post.

Let us not fall into the trap of 'The Fans' are against Clarke, which people love to proliferate. Tiny minority.

Most fans are understandably disappointed by results and performances, but will make allowances due to a woeful hand being dealt and won't be making up their minds yet. 

On 07/03/2021 at 09:12, sheffield61 said:

Not quite.....

Live relegation odds....

Grimsby.....1/9

Southend....1/3

Barrow ........3/1

Vale ............8/1

Colchester...8/1

Rest..............12/1 +

Grimsby very nearly gone...

Any one of four for that last place looks highly likely.....👌😉

Well obviously I hope we don’t go down and it’ll serve those right who last week we’re on here, saying they’ve backed us to go down, when the odds were bigger. I struggling to understand if they’re being economical with the truth or are fans of the Mighty Whites

The majority of the  fans aren't against DC yet, I'm not but obviously as time goes on and if results stay the same as Aspins and Askeys then questions will be asked.

Grumpy old mans observations about Clough at Leeds and in my view Jones approach at Stoke was correct and results back that up, O'Neills approach was far calmer, more measured, DC criticising Askey's  blunderbus approach to transfers, players fitness and the fact there is going to be massive changes in the summer was the wrong way to go about winning over an already deflated squad in my opinion and I think his presser today showed a different tone, lets hope it's onwards and upwards.

Brown got plaudits on here for saying recruitment had been rubbish.  Clarke gets pelters when he says the same.  Folk on here have spent the last three months saying performances have been awful and everyone agrees.  When Clarke says it he's wrong.  I know he's an abrasive character but let's cut him some slack.
He's getting plenty of slack from me, I just think that managing over 25 professional sportsmen requires more than "one approch fits all".
I hope he turns things around and have faith that he will and Vale remain in this league. But he needs people in the trench with him, people not afraid to do their job for fear of a backlash.
Players need to know that they can take that chance, find that pass, take that shot and it needs to start tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Probably not a popular opinion, but the questions asked during the press conference are absolutely dire. It’s like they’re scared to ask something that the fans want to know for fear of having their head bitten off. They had to build up to tentatively asking whether we’ll have any bloody players back for tomorrow 

Totally agree with this, and I have said it before.

These things are becoming a farce, nice gentle questions about basically nothing. The worst one is the kid that does them sometime, don't really know who he is, but having him asking DC any kind of tough questions, would be like feeding a kitten to a bulldog. 

Ask the critical and totally justified questions about tactics, selection etc. 

Well Oldham have appointed Curle and he WILL be in charge tomorrow.
Another defeat incoming.

Not sure it will make a difference, indeed it may see him change their away approach if he sets up more conservative than maybe they would have under Kewell. Have to see.

15 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Not sure it will make a difference, indeed it may see him change their away approach if he sets up more conservative than maybe they would have under Kewell. Have to see.

I think he’ll set out not to concede, steady the ship, build confidence and go from there. He can always fall back on the poor fitness, no cover in certain positions and lack of quality if it goes wrong.

2 hours ago, 1 said:

Probably not a popular opinion, but the questions asked during the press conference are absolutely dire. It’s like they’re scared to ask something that the fans want to know for fear of having their head bitten off. They had to build up to tentatively asking whether we’ll have any bloody players back for tomorrow 

Its always been the case mate although I think Clarke set his stall out within the 1st few calls. The only difference now is you get to watch it for what it is now. I actually quite like it and hope it continues post covid .It gives you a better understanding what is said and in the context rather than Sentinel headline or edited audio on the radio.

Archived