onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

2 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

I don't understand why people constantly say 'we won't go down', as if it's a given we're a League club? Much much larger clubs have gone down, all over the world! This season, just look at ie. Germany where Schalke 04, a GIANT German club, are planted solidly rock bottom in the Bundesliga. In Brazil, Vasgo da Gama which are one of the biggest clubs over there, went down . And I'm sure there are more I'm not aware of.

I hope on everything holy we are not going down, I'm just not taking it as a given we are staying up. We have to earn it!

It's probably something to do with the number of teams worse than us. People are doom and gloom on here always. It's so negative. 

Brown

Smith Legge Brisley Crookes

Taylor Joyce Conlon

Rodney Swan Hurst

4 CB's at the back - nothing stupid - keep it simple

Persist with Taylor - if he can return to goal scoring form it would help us out tremendously

Keep Swan up front - build on his goal and confidence - Rodney and Hurst to switch wings freely

14 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Brown

Smith Legge Brisley Crookes

Taylor Joyce Conlon

Rodney Swan Hurst

4 CB's at the back - nothing stupid - keep it simple

Persist with Taylor - if he can return to goal scoring form it would help us out tremendously

Keep Swan up front - build on his goal and confidence - Rodney and Hurst to switch wings freely

I did think this, but for whatever reason Taylor doesn’t seem to play well with Conlon.

So I went with Robinson..... who doesn’t play well with anyone!! 😂

2 hours ago, EricHamesis said:

Fairly brave to play only two experienced midfielders, but we are at home and should be looking for a win wherever we're playing. Brisley was a liability last time out, but do you want your liability in central defence, or wide (Mills)?

Yes Brisley has that in him, but last year he looked solid after his initial shocker at Swindon. But then again who doesn’t have a shocker at Swindon when they put a Vale top on. So on paper this is probably our most realistic chance of getting points so think we can afford to take a bit of a risk for him to play himself into a bit of form for the run-in.

Re midfield, well, it doesn’t matter who plays in there it just doesn’t function properly so we might as well just go for it and try and win 4-3!! 🤣🤣

32 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

The irony is that if Vale’s recruitment had been better, as Brown indicated it should have been, he would probably have been dropped by now.

Convenient for him that this season`s recruited deputy  goalkeeper was injured.

43 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Why not? Brown has been culpable for quite a lot of errors this season. I don’t see how Scott could do any worse 

For some reason young keepers don't seem to be trusted like outfield players.

We all prefer to see Swan above Robinson yet folk are scared of changing the keeper ?

Why ? Brown has made umpteen errors, Saturday was a calamity again. 

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

For some reason young keepers don't seem to be trusted like outfield players.

We all prefer to see Swan above Robinson yet folk are scared of changing the keeper ?

Why ? Brown has made umpteen errors, Saturday was a calamity again. 

To put a young lad into this side at the moment would completely destroy any confidence he might have. In the event he is eventually played he needs protection from an experienced and capable defence, not left to the opposition's mercy.

Archived