onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

6 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Agree start the game with Saturdays finishing line up, unless the likes of Wozza and Monty are fit enough.

one things for certain, we need to win this game or we are doomed.

Not quite.....

Live relegation odds....

Grimsby.....1/9

Southend....1/3

Barrow ........3/1

Vale ............8/1

Colchester...8/1

Rest..............12/1 +

Grimsby very nearly gone...

Any one of four for that last place looks highly likely.....👌😉

We all know that it's not played on paper but Grimsby have horrendous fixtures.

I'd agree they are gone. 

Just feel unless we win one of our next 3 we are joining them.

Barrow won 2 of last 4 and as we know Southend are improving .

Horrible stomach churning times 

Vale will not go down but be nice enjoy some wins and some games where the  goalkeeper and  defence do not  make howlers and give teams unnecessary leg ups, being happening all season .

Clarke has had a good look at them now let's hope he as realised they lack bottle in both boxes. 

For me Swann and Robinson to start and Rodney on one wing the other 8 well that's for you decide not me Clarkey .Earn your money players 

2-0 Oldham. They’re decent away from home and we’re <ovf censored>. Can’t see us scoring given they have the worst defence in the league. I’m expecting another change in formation and major change in personnel so can see the likes of whitehead starting 

24 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

Not quite.....

Live relegation odds....

Grimsby.....1/9

Southend....1/3

Barrow ........3/1

Vale ............8/1

Colchester...8/1

Rest..............12/1 +

Grimsby very nearly gone...

Any one of four for that last place looks highly likely.....👌😉

Goal difference if it comes down to that we be safe .

Shame we have conceded 49 goals most of them diabolical .

We will be fine I'm just surprised we ain't started winning yet ,we will 

If we could start with our creative players such as Conlon and Taylor knowing what to do and being played in their correct positions it would help. Clearly Clarke had a plan to use Conlon in a deeper role. Well it has not worked so revert back to what these players do best, please.

Swann up front with Rodney bursting forwards on the wing would also give us more attacking options.

Now we have had a few awful games against the so called better teams it has to be a consideration to actually go for the opposition, rather than trying to nick a draw. Surely we can do no worse? If we lose attempting to get at the other side, then that has to be an option? The abyss is staring us in the face so go on Clarke, bite the bullet and at least give opponents something to think about.  

32 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Vale will not go down but be nice enjoy some wins and some games where the  goalkeeper and  defence do not  make howlers and give teams unnecessary leg ups, being happening all season .

Clarke has had a good look at them now let's hope he as realised they lack bottle in both boxes. 

For me Swann and Robinson to start and Rodney on one wing the other 8 well that's for you decide not me Clarkey .Earn your money players 

On the podcast, Chris Lines couldn’t believe Rodney wasn’t out wide running at full backs. He reckoned he’d destroy them with his strength and pace. 

48 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Agree start the game with Saturdays finishing line up, unless the likes of Wozza and Monty are fit enough.

one things for certain, we need to win this game or we are doomed.

I think the same mate. Must win game this for me. Time for all the talking to stop. Actions speak louder than words and for the most part of the season we have been acting like a non league outfit.

All i am asking for is basic defending but i think this vale team are incapable of doing that the same mistakes happen time and time again one lump forward and the back 3 or 4 are all at sea.When teams attack us wide nobody attempts to stop the cross coming in and when it comes in nobody reacts to the second ball its not once this happens its every match. This to me is the critical week of the season whoever gets selected to play have got to show the guts for the job ahead 2 wins needed out of the next 3 matches at home is a must for me .The fans like me demand it show us that you care at least 50% about the vale as we do and we will do it.I like other fans have suffered years and years of broken promises and watching dross on vale park it has got to stop before its to late the players have got to put that shirt on and show the same commitment that i and thousands of fellow supporters have for our beloved club.Supporters and ex players have died through this pandemic people who would run through a brick wall for this club you owe it to them and to my fellow supporters show that you care and do the job you are so fortunate to have. FOREVER PORT VALE.

We'll win this game. I agree that Rodney looks most effective on the left wing. I'd go Hurst on the right wing (unless Woz is fit) with KG up front with TR to start, bring Swan on as an impact sub.

442 unless he decides to go 433. Please not five at the back again. Don't make the same mistake as Stevenage. 

Archived