onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wonderful Nurses Pay Rise

ELDERBEZZA

Im not sure you can be equal by degree.

It's a bit like fracturing your shin near the ankle and saying it's only broke at the bottom.

I don't think equality is achieveable because people don't want it. If they did there would be no business or first class, no priority, no VIP, no privilege or priority. 

However we try to achieve equality we will always end up with some being more equal than others.

• 2 weeks later...

Advert

On 09/03/2021 at 17:38, ginge said:

So you agree that they are corrupt though? 

Would a left wing govermment have miles long queues for food banks?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/huge-food-bank-queue-snakes-23631603

I didn't say anything about corruption. You lot are obsessed with changing my posts to suit your argument though.

and if I had to think about whether a left wing Government would have miles long queues for foodbacks, after some careful consideration I think that:

YES, THEY 100% WOULD DO.

3 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I didn't say anything about corruption. You lot are obsessed with changing my posts to suit your argument though.

and if I had to think about whether a left wing Government would have miles long queues for foodbacks, after some careful consideration I think that:

YES, THEY 100% WOULD DO.

So you dont think they are corrupt?

On 22/03/2021 at 14:52, ginge said:

So you dont think they are corrupt?

I think we need a full inquiry into the contracts they've handed out during covid, but I'll also keep an open mind about considering the unprecedented times we've seen lately. 

They don't have many places to hide if they've awarded contracts based on friendships without going through any regular due processes. 

Nurses who have worked on the front line deserve a pay rise, but not all nurses, some have had less to do some even paid to stay at home. The ones that have worked and put there lives on the line deserve more but don't kid yourselves it's all NHS workers. 

I am married to a nurse so I do know what I am talking about. 

9 hours ago, newchapel valiant said:

Nurses who have worked on the front line deserve a pay rise, but not all nurses, some have had less to do some even paid to stay at home. The ones that have worked and put there lives on the line deserve more but don't kid yourselves it's all NHS workers. 

Absolutely spot on, I’ve worked at a hospital for the past 20 years, though I don’t work for the NHS.

Normally after 9am you can’t find anywhere to park with cars parked on the grass verges, double yellow lines, parked any where.

Now you can take your pick where to park anytime of the day, they’ve all been working from home or furloughed for the past 12 months and never even seen a covid patient.

Also just because they’re employed by the NHS, they were first in line for the covid jab even though they’ve not been in work for 12 months, us as contractors who could go on 6,8,10 different wards every day don’t qualify for the jab and have to wait till it’s our age groups turn.

Also those that have been sat at home for the past year, managers etc on very good money( as evidenced by the Maserati’s, Tesla’s porches) normally on the car park, will get a bigger increase in pay than those front line nurses putting their lives on the line in covid wards, because 1% of their pay is a sight more than 1% of a nurses pay.

1% is a low increase, yes but more than most the population will get this year and above inflation, as long as the NHS workers continue to get above inflation wage increases there should be no needs for complaints, it is a well paid job once you get more qualified which is quite easy to do. I am classed as a key worker and have worked in the field continuously yet my wage increase has been 0.2% which is similar to many others. As has been mentioned, many NHS staff have done a lot less work in the last 12 months, maybe there should be separate wage increases depending on the departments they work in.

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

1% is a low increase, yes but more than most the population will get this year and above inflation, as long as the NHS workers continue to get above inflation wage increases there should be no needs for complaints, it is a well paid job once you get more qualified which is quite easy to do. I am classed as a key worker and have worked in the field continuously yet my wage increase has been 0.2% which is similar to many others. As has been mentioned, many NHS staff have done a lot less work in the last 12 months, maybe there should be separate wage increases depending on the departments they work in.

Pay cut in real terms. 

13 hours ago, newchapel valiant said:

Spot on,totally agree but the trouble is there's another million plus NHS workers,other than the nurses who wouldn't be happy?

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

How do you work that out?

Because the income tax bands have been frozen meaning year on year people will take home less due to inflation, which, like the base interest rate, is currently artificially low. That won’t last forever. 

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

Because the income tax bands have been frozen meaning year on year people will take home less due to inflation, which, like the base interest rate, is currently artificially low. That won’t last forever. 

1% is above inflation so it is a pay increase. Tax bands being frozen doesn’t come in to the acuation. Yes, inflation is low but like I said, as long as they get above inflation pay rise then it is a pay rise. They should get a pay increase next year as well hopefully which should be above whatever next years inflation rate may be. 

15 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

1% is above inflation so it is a pay increase. Tax bands being frozen doesn’t come in to the acuation. Yes, inflation is low but like I said, as long as they get above inflation pay rise then it is a pay rise. They should get a pay increase next year as well hopefully which should be above whatever next years inflation rate may be. 

"They should hopefully get a raise next year as well"

Yeah sure. I should hopefully watch Vale win all 46 games.

Inflation is about 0.9% :laugh: With interest rates, it's going up. Forecast to 1.5% this year.

Yes, they do. You will take home less because the bands are frozen for several years, instead of tracking CPI, meaning a now artificially low ROI increasing month on month will keep hitting you in real terms.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/budget-tax-threshold-income-tax-rishi-sunak-b1811987.html

Archived