Wonderful Nurses Pay Rise

ELDERBEZZA

Advert:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pay cut in real terms with all the freezes on tax bands/allowances thresholds. 

I'm not sure why anyone would have expected anything else from sentient metastasies like Johnson, Hancock et al. 

It's a national disgrace.  Meanwhile, the government pays Philip Rutnam £340,000 compensation for being bullied by the half wit that is Priti Patel.  Whose money will pay that I wonder?  They have nothing but contempt for those in need - hungry schoolchildren, NHS workers, failing businesses.  But having agreed to freeze their own pay this year, they will doubtless have their snouts in the trough again next year.  Nye Bevan's 1948 quote 2 days before the NHS was created still holds true:  

"That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party that inflicted those bitter experiences on me. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin. They condemned millions of first-class people to semi-starvation. Now the Tories are pouring out money in propaganda of all sorts and are hoping by this organised sustained mass suggestion to eradicate from our minds all memory of what we went through."  He was talking about post war Britain, but the words still fit present day pandemic Britain. 

Billions wasted on giving contracts to their mates, but nothing for the body of people that have done more than any other to pull us through this national crisis.  They have no shame, and need to be held to account. 

Advert:

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Miserly though that is, it is 1% more than all other public sector works who are subject to  a pay freeze this year.

and 101% more than all those whose jobs or businesses have disappeared in the last 12 months.  I'd rather the extra spent on supporting these, and particularly the young whose prospects are shot to pieces in the aftermath of this

25 minutes ago, mattyboy said:

and 101% more than all those whose jobs or businesses have disappeared in the last 12 months.  I'd rather the extra spent on supporting these, and particularly the young whose prospects are shot to pieces in the aftermath of this

You can have both. It doesn’t have to be a choice. More money in the Economy through better pay creates jobs.

1 hour ago, mattyboy said:

Businesses have been helped more than enough by the government.

Advert:

11 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

So ,after all the deserved praise for our wonderful nurses,a fantastic pay rise of 1% has been awarded tonight ,by Johnson.Shame on the two faced  buffoon!!!!!

NHS staff have risked there life’s helping people over the last 12 months with inadequate protection for most of the time and there reward for there efforts from this corrupt government is a 1% pay rise 

39 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

NHS staff have risked there life’s helping people over the last 12 months with inadequate protection for most of the time and there reward for there efforts from this corrupt government is a 1% pay rise 

It’s disgusting but not surprising from this government. The whole front line who had to risk their lives to work deserve a decent pay rise. Teachers, shop staff, NHS, bus drivers ect they all deserve a rise. However the government couldn’t care less and are more than happy to keep pumping money via extremely cheap loans to businesses who may claim they need it but don’t and business owners who simply take the funds and put it in their back pocket. 

Fairs fair the government have offered something they could have offered nowt...What about all those on furlough who have lost money protecting the NHS ?

Plenty of Teachers Police Fire shop workers bus drivers supermarket workers have worked through why does the secretary who works in the renal dept deserve a pay rise ?

Working on the covid front line yes probably it's been hell, but a nurse on our estate told me they dont do it for money he said when he signed up it was a vocation as well.

6 minutes ago, Mario said:

Fairs fair the government have offered something they could have offered nowt...What about all those on furlough who have lost money protecting the NHS ?

Plenty of Teachers Police Fire shop workers bus drivers supermarket workers have worked through why does the secretary who works in the renal dept deserve a pay rise ?

Working on the covid front line yes probably it's been hell, but a nurse on our estate told me they dont do it for money he said when he signed up it was a vocation as well.

<ovf censored> post, sorry. 

17 minutes ago, Mario said:

"They don't do it for money" because the money is <ovf censored> not because they would do it for free. 

Advert:

12 hours ago, eh up nah said:

Have the Tories ever given a stuff about public services?

Yes they have. In the early eighties when they turned the police into a political organisation for their own ends. I think I’m right in saying that before the pandemic the nurses agreed a 3% pay rise, if the pandemic hadn’t come along would they have handed it back.? They did sign up to help people which is what they’ve done isn’t it.? What about those in the private sector who won’t be getting any sort of pay rise and will possibly lose there jobs, which only pay the living wage, my thoughts are with these people and their families. Fir me these people are the backbone of Britain.

It’s all one big mess and life will never be fair, fact

My daughter is a senior ward sister on a critical care ward and has been in nursing for over thirty years. She has been working fourteen hour shifts for nearly twelve months coping with inadequate PPE, staff shortages etc. She is completely exhausted physically and emotionally but gets on with it! She has too try and supervise the student nurses that have been drafted in too cover for the shortfall in staff, as well as doing her job, which at her level is highly skilled and technical. She has had enough and has decided too leave nursing when things are back to something like normal. She is not alone, many of her senior colleagues who have the same qualifications and experience have also had enough. Their is going to be a massive shortage of senior staff in nursing and no one there to train the newly qualified nurses! It takes a three year university course to qualify and you only really start too learn the job once you start on a ward. A 1% pay rise is an insult and exactly what my daughter forecasted months ago. All this will do is encourage more staff too leave the profession and less young people to apply to become nurses. As regards not being able to afford a decent pay rise, it's amazing how the government managed find a billion pounds for the DUP when they needed them to stay in power! They can always find find the cash for important things!

For several weeks she had to stay in hotel near the hospital to isolate from her husband and three children and at the end of this month it will be exactly a year since I actually saw her!

Archived