onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

8 hours ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

Fair, to be honest I do feel like people can take part of a quote on here and make it into what they want.

I realise that I can trigger post on here n all.

I know that we are all Vale, I just rate we can survive, and your right - I'm generally an optimistic person.

UTV

There's a vast different between being optimistic and having your head full of magic.

The fact of the matter is we have the worst form in the league, an injury hit squad and a manager that at the moment clearly doesn't have a clue what to do with the bunch of chancers he walked into. How can you possibly find any sensible optimism in that?

Advert

6 minutes ago, TylerB said:

There's a vast different between being optimistic and having your head full of magic.

The fact of the matter is we have the worst form in the league, an injury hit squad and a manager that at the moment clearly doesn't have a clue what to do with the bunch of chancers he walked into. How can you possibly find any sensible optimism in that?

My optimism isn't head magic cheers pal. I've just got the ability to look at things in perspective if you read my previous posts.

I'm a vale fan as much as you, so please don't patronise me.

Here's a question though, do you have any experience in football? Ex player, manager, coaching/fitness staff, in and around the game? Or are you just a fan like me?

Don't put your own crap traits on to somebody else would be my advice to you. I back up my optimism, whether you agree with it or not is on you and doesn't bother me either way.

8 hours ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

My optimism isn't head magic cheers pal. I've just got the ability to look at things in perspective if you read my previous posts.

I'm a vale fan as much as you, so please don't patronise me.

Here's a question though, do you have any experience in football? Ex player, manager, coaching/fitness staff, in and around the game? Or are you just a fan like me?

Don't put your own crap traits on to somebody else would be my advice to you. I back up my optimism, whether you agree with it or not is on you.

Calm down, pal. I'm literally asking why you're optimistic enough to believe we'll survive. It's a question... on a forum. You're more than entitled to it, an opinion. I'm just asking what's the reason, or reasons, why you believe we're good enough based on the last few months.

4 minutes ago, TylerB said:

We don't need magic.  We need some players back and I'd be interested to see how we perform under new management against some teams who are not currently top of the league.

I know that Oldham have a good away record but remain hopeful that we can take something from the game.  I hope that the team have the same mindset because if they go into every game believing that they've lost before a ball is kicked then we are doomed.

Stop the falling out chaps we are all fans and frustrated, peed off etc 

I'm siding with Tyler , I'm struggling to see where your optimism is coming from Jermaine. We've played Southend twice so can't beat them again. The stats don't lie . 

We are hideous, I really hope that you are right mate . 

8 hours ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

We don't need magic.  We need some players back and I'd be interested to see how we perform under new management against some teams who are not currently top of the league.

I know that Oldham have a good away record but remain hopeful that we can take something from the game.  I hope that the team have the same mindset because if they go into every game believing that they've lost before a ball is kicked then we are doomed.

Salford are near the top but were woeful on the night, yet we still got beat and barely registered a decent attempt. We might be playing some teams lower in the table in the coming weeks but they'll be fighting for their lives, and will have to go some to be as useless as we are right now.

2 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Oldham is a huge game now

We do desperately need a win, even a point will be a start

9 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Calm down, pal. I'm literally asking why you're optimistic enough to believe we'll survive. It's a question... on a forum. You're more than entitled to it, an opinion. I'm just asking what's the reason, or reasons, why you believe we're good enough based on the last few months.

Mate, don't tell me my head is full of magic and then when I give you a measured response ask me to calm down. You have to be on the defensive on here because if you have a differing opinion your outed as some rose tinted glasses mentalist.

My question was valid - do you have any xp in football? Because you say DC is clueless, but don't offer much yourself as to what can be done, and have a fans opinion like everyone else. I don't rate my question wasn't difficult or breaking any rules.

The reasons are from what i've seen in the past few matches - tight at the back against Stevenage, Cambridge, Salford for the majority and today second half. Glimpses from some players that they want it, Hurst/Crookes/Legge/Rodney - more of an understanding of the squad - I.E not to start Guthrie at all - he knows now that it looks like Taylor cant be arsed - players to come back from injury, more games at home in the near future - performances from teams that we've already played this season that makes me think we can pick up points again in the future.

I also take heart from DC's interviews, better than Askey's. That's something? I know there isnt loads to take away, but i'll find what I can and try and make an assessment on it, which is I think they'll just about stay up.

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Salford are near the top but were woeful on the night, yet we still got beat and barely registered a decent attempt. We might be playing some teams lower in the table in the coming weeks but they'll be fighting for their lives, and will have to go some to be as useless as we are right now.

A very average team who Scunthorpe took a point off today. 

Basically a name because of their status, they actually aren't much good at all , we missed an opportunity 

4 minutes ago, TylerB said:

True, but in those games having that little bit of quality in the key moments can be all it takes.  I think that they had that and it told.

My optimism isn’t blind, but I choose to have hope and will to the bitter end, if it is to be a bitter end.  

That doesn’t make me a happy clapper as the current situation does not make me happy at all.  Its just more bearable for me to choose hope right now.  

i know it’s not the same for everyone.

12 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Oldham is a huge game now

We do desperately need a win, even a point will be a start

Oldham is a must win. When you look that it’s Bolton next who havent lost in 9 doesn’t fill me with much hope then it’s play off chasing Newport. We need something to happen for us, bit of luck, own goal, 40 years screamer anything because we need to win some games because the bottom three will all pick up some wins but I’m failing to see where we will. Tuesday night is the one for me. The key is like a lot of mentioned we desperately need Amoo, Worrall, manny and pope available. Just to give us a lift. If we go down then Clarke would’ve had 18 games and quite deservedly we go down if we can’t get out of from there. We’re a poor team and I’m certain we could get rid of every single player for next season and start again and we would be far better. These aren’t no where near good enough footballers. 

The owner wasted far too much time in releasing Askey and not providing a manager with funds to go out and sign some players. yet she can afford to hire flircroft and pay money to Walsall as well as paying Askey and Kevan’s contract off. Huge mistake from her that could cost us our league status. I suppose we could say that’s the inexperience of running a football club. 

Archived