onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, Mario said:

The question is can we beat the following at home ?

9/03/2021 19:45 Oldham Athletic (h)

13/03/2021 15:00 Bolton Wanderers (h)

02/04/2021 15:00 Exeter City (h)

10/04/2021 15:00 Morecambe (h)

24/04/2021 15:00 Bradford City (h)

08/05/2021 15:00 Mansfield Town (h)

Looking at those fixtures has really depressed me even more, Tuesday night is must win, you missed Newport out but Oldham and Mansfield are the only games I can see us getting anything from.  I really can't see where we are going to get 4 wins from which I think we need to stay, awful times at the moment.  I think the Sat Nav will be used next year to take me to likes of Eastleigh, Woking, Boreham Wood and Bromley.

Vale simply have to stop giving "silly" goals away or we're done. 

We don't look like a team, the players look like they've never seen each other before.

There are some managers who can get more out of a team than the sum of the individual parts, Darrell Clarke doesn't look like one of them.

A win vs Oldham on Tuesday is crucial to any chance of staying in Lge 2.

1 minute ago, valiant steve said:

I reckon we're going to pick some points up over the remaining games in March. I'm going to predict 10 points (3 wins and a draw) win Oldham, win Newport, draw Colchester, win Creepy Crawley. 

UTV! 

I do like your optimism 🙂 

20 minutes ago, Mario said:

I know he scored a couple of important goals but I used to forget he was on the pitch and nothing has changed for me Scunthorpe didnt lose any sleep on him going,he's another one whos got into the club on the back of favourites coat tails.

And now were lumbered with him who on Gods earth sanctiond this ?

Carol’s delight that he was back worried me - almost like he’d been signed because he was a favourite.  Hope I’m wrong but think we will regret a 3 1/2 year deal, and on basis he has been in and out of the team (after struggling to get a game at an equally poor Scunthorpe) I’m not sure Clarke rates him either.

30 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

We have an awful run of fixtures and perhaps its good to get them out of the way with so many players missing. Once we have a full squad to pick from , that is when we need the 4 wins for safety.

Hope its sooner than later.

Oldham are on a poor run but their away form is very good i think. It is a must for at least a point.

You're right! But popping 2 in today, away, against the league leaders and from a depressing 0 - 3 ought to give at least a couple of players some belief? 

Not painting over massive cracks and a poor 80 minutes today but 2 defensive blunders did us today(Clarke cant really do anything about that). I am just clinging to a bit of hope that getting the 2 goals and potentially getting a win on Tuesday could boost confidence massively especially if Worrall is close to coming back.

Swann has to start and we did look better as a 4-4-2 but who partners him thats the question,as others have said Tuesday is such a massive game now as i cant see us doing anything v Bolton in their current form

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Not painting over massive cracks and a poor 80 minutes today but 2 defensive blunders did us today(Clarke cant really do anything about that). I am just clinging to a bit of hope that getting the 2 goals and potentially getting a win on Tuesday could boost confidence massively especially if Worrall is close to coming back.

Swann has to start and we did look better as a 4-4-2 but who partners him thats the question,as others have said Tuesday is such a massive game now as i cant see us doing anything v Bolton in their current form

I volunteer to partner Swan - reckon i can give Guthrie and Robinson a run for their money 

20 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

We have to have Pope, Worrall, Monty, Gibbo, even Amoo who i wouldnt normally give a shirt to, we have to have these back in the starting 11. Wouldnt waste my breath on Manny to be honest.

Yes after them the youngsters on the bench but without the ' old favourites ' back in the 11 i dont believe we have a chance with the rest of the squad.

I know...the loss...and the continued absence of some of these players has a lot to do with our current form. We're not  only missing "better" players, but they're all experienced - even Gibbo! 

8 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Carol’s delight that he was back worried me - almost like he’d been signed because he was a favourite.  Hope I’m wrong but think we will regret a 3 1/2 year deal, and on basis he has been in and out of the team (after struggling to get a game at an equally poor Scunthorpe) I’m not sure Clarke rates him either.

I think Sproson swayed her a lot on Taylor but hopefully now he wont get as much sway if any with the whole set up changing

Archived