Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Just now, Powerline said:

I don’t think he’s been crap all season, I just think he’s been overrated. Partly due to his good free kicks and also the dross around him making him look better. He’s bang average at best. Last few games he’s been awful. Obviously we’d have been much worse off without him. I think maybe he’s the sort of player who would do better in a better footballing team.

Conlon is ok that's it. He's improved massively, he only got back a regular place last season after Taylor was injured, if you remember he came on as sub at Man City.

I used to comment he's weak and easily brushed off the ball.

You can't take away he's improved loads but he's okay that's all. We all get carried away by his superb free kicks. But lately his corners and set pieces have been dreadful. 

However all that said he's easily one of our better players 

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm starting to doubt our play off chances.

Go back to the 365. You cannot be a genuine Vale fan with stupid posts like this.

What are you going to do about it then? Sit on here just crying about it all day? No way to live your life pal. This is the difference between your 12k posts on here and my less than 100. I

Posted Images

Just now, Jermaine Holwynn said:

Cheers - what's your constructive take away? Posting one liners all day on a league 2 football forum? 

I was joking!!! 

I’ve said for several weeks I think we are gonners, we don’t know where the next goal is coming from let alone point. Ok we scored two today, in the 83rd minute at 3-0 down. Not a chance that Cheltenham might have been easing off a bit?? 

We have an horrific squad.

That more to your liking?

But for the comedy of errors earlier in the game ironic as it is this could have been a much different result. Confidence is going to be the key to avoid the trap door. We still have time. We must believe as the other option doesn't bear thinking about. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Sorry mate these players deserve no credit what so ever. At the end of the day we lost again and the game was already lost. I will give the two young lads who scored credit. The rest can politely <ovf censored> off

To say our 2 goals were down to cheltenham and weren’t well worked through our own decent play is just an angry knee jerk reaction because we lost IMO. 

• Like 3

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Table since the 1st of November. Anyone who thinks there's worse teams than us are far too optimistic, imho. We've been the worst time in English professional football for 4 months, with no signs of improvement. 

1194411465_Screenshot2021-03-06at17_22_08.thumb.png.db05fb31c0c54bde524be72b2b5d1975.png

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I was joking!!! 

I’ve said for several weeks I think we are gonners, we don’t know where the next goal is coming from let alone point. Ok we scored two today, in the 83rd minute at 3-0 down. Not a chance that Cheltenham might have been easing off a bit?? 

We have an horrific squad.

That more to your liking?

It is actually yeah.

Squad isn't great but not bad enough to be gonners IMO.

Showed signs for me against Orient, Cambridge and second half today to suggest there's enough organisation and willingness to survive - even if barely.

**Not aimed at you specifically btw - but not sure what help having some of our Neanderthal fans at the training ground verbally abusing the staff whilst they try and work would help but hey ho. If fans attend a training ground protest based on these performances shame on them - disgusting. What the hell would that accomplish?

1 minute ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

I'm starting to doubt our play off chances.

We won't be doing 8th again.

8 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Go back to the 365. You cannot be a genuine Vale fan with stupid posts like this.

Beat me to it.

You can spot them a mile off.

UTV.

Advert:

1 minute ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

It is actually yeah.

Squad isn't great but not bad enough to be gonners IMO.

Showed signs for me against Orient, Cambridge and second half today to suggest there's enough organisation and willingness to survive - even if barely.

**Not aimed at you specifically btw - but not sure what help having some of our Neanderthal fans at the training ground verbally abusing the staff whilst they try and work would help but hey ho. If fans attend a training ground protest based on these performances shame on them - disgusting. What the hell would that accomplish?

How is it not bad enough to go down? Look at the table we are there on merit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Love how every goal we score is great but every goal we concede are silly mistakes 

So your telling me today’s goals were not lucky or our own mistakes?

38 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Two goals against the league leaders. This lot are more than good enough to stay in the league, just need to be set up to get the best out of their abilities

Cambridge,Salford and Cheltenham have certainly tested us this last week though Wrex?

UTV

Advert:

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

How is it not bad enough to go down? Look at the table we are there on merit. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Glad someone is happy 

Never said I was happy - said I don't think we would go down.

And because there's enough games left in the season, with players to come back.

Why is it a weird concept to people that i'm not looking to shoot myself after Vale losing? I get it's bad, I just don't think it's as bad as a lot of posters on here would have it.

• Like 1

If you want to look at body language, go back to the wonder goal that Cambridge scored.
Watch the run of the two vale players, one either side of him and the player who ' gave ' him the ball to start with.
Tell me were they giving their all to stop them from scoring. Were they willing to 'die ' for their manager of for the Vale
No I cant tell you that. As I said, I dont think they give that much of a <ovf censored>.