onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

After watching there first goal again, what springs to mind is one player May ! Fit enthusiastic and looking for the slightest opportunity against two half interested players prepared to amble through a game. Think boys if you want an other contract here or elsewhere then you at least need to show some commitment and effort. Sorry Scott but that goal was a disgrace and a joke the ball and Mills should have been in the stand before May was anywhere near. 

Advert

Did anyone see Guthrie or Robinson yesterday? I’ve watched the highlights back... hoping I’d get a glimpse of their striking prowess, not a jot!

Defending (defenders) aside for a second, our desire from front to the midfield is woeful!!! Look at Joyce and taylor just before the cross comes in for the 2nd goal, then look at both of them for the 3rd goal..... I pick these pair out but they are all the same, there’s a complete lack of desire from players to stick with their man and/or get out to the ball and take some responsibility!

They are all feeing very sorry for themselves and passing the buck to someone else instead of picking up the man themselves!

It’s a very sorry state of affairs and the bunch of them will be in the non league or without a club come the start of next season.

They all look way short of match sharpness, but you get that when you’re feeling down and out!

Wake up with bunch of useless clowns! This is our club and we want effort, desire, determination, quality on the ball, take responsibility! If I pulled on that shirt I’d give a damn sight more desire that you bunch of ordinary boot cleaners.

What We’d give to be back in that stadium to let you all know what we thought, you are privileged to do the job you do and you are sure as hell privileged to he playing for this great club, show some heart or get out of our club!

Totally Disgusted in that group of players!

4 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Strolling around like he was at the beach ,there second goal May is his man and he is behind the goalie when it goes in Smith that is,

What about Mills standing too far off his man to stop a cross coming in .He does it time and time again each time he's plays which is why we are so vulnerable. It was no coincidence all the attacks came down that side of the pitch.

5 minutes ago, MBE said:

What about Mills standing too far off his man to stop a cross coming in .He does it time and time again each time he's plays which is why we are so vulnerable. It was no coincidence all the attacks came down that side of the pitch.

We don’t stop crosses and when they come in the keeper never comes off his line to catch them. 

We have conceded 49 goals this season all 3 of them yesterday were avoidable in my opinion most of them down to our own ineptness and it's a collective load of <ovf censored> in terms of desire ,throwing yourself at a ball and organisation and will to win.

Good sides have that we at present do not .

In both penalty areas we are lacking bite and personality .

There is Legge who wins  a lot in the air and that is so why play long ball it's not suiting any of our players and last 20 when we turned up that was the only time in the game we flourished when it was played  on the floor .

IM sure if Gibbons and Montano were not injured we would not see the likes of Mills and Crookes but when your goalkeeper is frozen to the line most of the games any ball in is a danger and that's why personally I'd drop him it scares me watching him we thank him for his efforts but time for someone else have a go in goal after yesterday's debacle. 

The most annoying thing for me is every team we have faced as not given the goals away we have ,constant leg ups for mediocre opposition and let's face it we playing in the lowest league in English football and have great fans who back us constantly by buying the games and when I buy a game I expect see 110 per cent commitment, plus desire to do something great for Port Vale .

When I see people and players mugging me and our support off I will say something ,you do not have to agree with me ,we are not close friends, we are  on this site because we  all love the Vale whether you hate my views or not .

I want 3 home wins in a row with no telling errors from anyone .

53 minutes ago, MBE said:

It was very noticeable that the majority of their play was trying to get down that side. 

5 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

It was very noticeable that the majority of their play was trying to get down that side. 

Seems like a few teams have done that . The fact we got 6 at Bolton masked the fact that in the first half Mills had an absolute mullering and was ran ragged .

He was ok against Cambridge didn't do a lot wrong, one of his very few ok performances. But in the main he's been dreadful, hopefully the fact it's his ex team on Tuesday he wants to prove a point !! 

Because fixtures are so thick and fast we'll be lucky if we see Gibbons for maybe 3 or 4 games 

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

We don’t stop crosses and when they come in the keeper never comes off his line to catch them. 

I am sure this is a Vale thing,i remember Grew being an excellent shot stopper but wouldn't come off his line and i think a few since have been the same although maybe mussy came out more

51 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I am sure this is a Vale thing,i remember Grew being an excellent shot stopper but wouldn't come off his line and i think a few since have been the same although maybe mussy came out more

Alnwick and Neal were both terrible at it as well. Don’t think I ever saw Neal come off his line. And Alnwick used to sometimes but he’d never catch it, always punch it away and he’d end up flapping at it half the time.

7 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Strolling around like he was at the beach ,there second goal May is his man and he is behind the goalie when it goes in Smith that is, ok Crookes should have blocked the goal bound effort but didnt want get hurt by the way he went in but there player the  forward the one who scored ,as someone rightly said picked the ball up in central midfield with Smith no where near him .

How many times this season same goal and you wonder why I do  not rate him .

Yet first name on team sheet tuesday hope he doesn't allow it happen again as he is a liability in my opinion 

I must admit I was over the moon when Nathan committed with us. he has looked as poor as anyone, what on earth has gone on within the club? i thought Askey was strict, fitness orientated, etc. It appears not if you listen to Clarke

1 hour ago, Powerline said:

Alnwick and Neal were both terrible at it as well. Don’t think I ever saw Neal come off his line. And Alnwick used to sometimes but he’d never catch it, always punch it away and he’d end up flapping at it half the time.

Neal was excellent at coming off his line. It was his best attribute, with him being a steady shot stopper.

Neal is by far the best keeper we had in the 2010s but lost out to Scott Brown in the fan vote because of recency bias. Superb all round keeper, and that's probably why, with him in goal, we won promotion and then finished 9th in League 1. 

Archived