onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Once Brown’s conceded that first goal we are really on the back foot with no confidence against the league leaders. For me that’s not a defensive mix up, that’s Brown’s lack of leadership and authority where he should just be clearing the ball - which he has always lacked, just historically the defence has been a bit better.

Advert

One of the basics defenders have drilled into them is taking charge of a situation over a goalkeeper if they have to. Mills end up so close to brown and even if he has heard Brown shout for it then he also had to be aware of what’s around him too. For me it’s a massive defensive mix up between them both. But also a more decisive keeper would also have raced out and smashed it out. Watch the Walsall goal back from a few weeks ago he does the same with smith, he won’t come out of his area so again I felt Smith should have taken charge over browns indecisiveness there as well. 

27 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Basics, what is Smith doing there?

I’m no defensive coach but the shape is awful, we’ve got arguably their most dangerous player up 1-vs-1 one against probably our worst, and most shockingly that 10 secs later to ball ends up in the back of the net from a SIX vs TWO situation on our favour. 

So all this talk of now being better organised is absolute b*******s on the basis of this snapshot.

I said at the time we were over complicating things by appointing a manager and a DOF and nothing since has changed my mind.

We’ve effectively like putting out the best cutlery on the Titanic while the ship’s filling up with water.

There were plenty of experienced heads around to know this with needing a DOF to tell us. And yes, I do mean Colin Garlick.

We needed somebody in to get us over the line for this year and get in the necessary reinforcements, but yet again we wasted a January transfer window at it will come back to bite us in a..e again just like the last time we were relegated when we sold Grant and Alnwick.

I am not expecting us get out of this.

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m no defensive coach but the shape is awful, we’ve got arguably their most dangerous player up 1-vs-1 one against probably our worst, and most shockingly that 10 secs later to ball ends up in the back of the net from a SIX vs TWO situation on our favour. 

So all this talk of now being better organised is absolute b*******s on the basis of this snapshot.

I said at the time we were over complicating things by appointing a manager and a DOF and nothing since has changed my mind.

We’ve effectively like putting out out the best cutlery on the Titanic while the ship’s filling up with water.

There were plenty of experienced heads around to know this with needing a DOF to tell us. And yes, I do mean Colin Garlick.

We needed somebody in to get us over the line for this year and get in the necessary reinforcements, but yet again we wasted a January transfer window at it will come back to bite us in a..e again just like the last time we were relegated when we sold Grant and Alnwick.

I am not expecting us get out of this.

You are far too sensible Biddulph, what worries me more is that fans not being around give these clowns a free pass. They don't deserve one. My initial thoughts were that on current form and assuming we don't beat Oldham that Barrow will catch us within the next 5 games (for them) and Southend by gameweek 39/40. I am struggling to find any positives, Rodney and Hurst I suppose, nothing else. Brown will be the next dropped, possibly Tuesday, legge and Joyce have been scapegoats and I believe they reacted to goings on in October. Tom pope didn't look right when he was playing, he won't play again this season and even if he does what can we expect? we must be the laughing stock in the league. The positive air around the place has long gone sadly.

39 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Basics, what is Smith doing there?

Strolling around like he was at the beach ,there second goal May is his man and he is behind the goalie when it goes in Smith that is, ok Crookes should have blocked the goal bound effort but didnt want get hurt by the way he went in but there player the  forward the one who scored ,as someone rightly said picked the ball up in central midfield with Smith no where near him .

How many times this season same goal and you wonder why I do  not rate him .

Yet first name on team sheet tuesday hope he doesn't allow it happen again as he is a liability in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Strolling around like he was at the beach ,there second goal May is his man and he is behind the goalie when it goes in Smith that is, ok Crookes should have blocked the goal bound effort but didnt want get hurt by the way he went in but there player the  forward the one who scored ,as someone rightly said picked the ball up in central midfield with Smith no where near him .

How many times this season same goal and you wonder why I do  not rate him .

Yet first name on team sheet tuesday hope he doesn't allow it happen again as he is a liability in my opinion 

Smith hater,who surged forward ànd started the good move for  Vales first goal.??Yes the Pedestrian Smith🤔🤔🤔

3 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Quite astounding how the ball ends up in the back of our net from the images below. It's almost as if he thinks there's a football law prohibiting goalkeepers stepping foot outside their area. 

Can't help thinking that because of the bouncing ball he has flashbacks to the Walsall error & totally bottles it in case he "air kicks" it again.

Either way, terrible goalkeeping. I will also say though, Mills does an absolutely ATROCIOUS job of blocking the runner. He literally allows him to sprint straight past him. Woeful.

20210307_085415.jpg

20210307_085459.jpg

Mills is facing and heading towards  Brown who is perfectly situated to assess the situation, he can see what is incoming. Deal with it man, to a goalie of your experience  its meat and drink. Very fair of Brown prematch  to be rollocking the players for lack of quality in the squad and so quickly prove he was including himself.

49 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Smith hater,who surged forward ànd started the good move for  Vales first goal.??Yes the Pedestrian Smith🤔🤔🤔

He is not paid to surge forward he is though to defend properly not all his fault but he is part of a defence that is making mistakes time and time again it has to stop.

51 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Correct, I’d be inclined to put Smith at RB while JG is still out, and bring either Brizz or Muzzy in with Legge. 

Archived