onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

8 hours ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

Mate, don't tell me my head is full of magic and then when I give you a measured response ask me to calm down. You have to be on the defensive on here because if you have a differing opinion your outed as some rose tinted glasses mentalist.

My question was valid - do you have any xp in football? Because you say DC is clueless, but don't offer much yourself as to what can be done, and have a fans opinion like everyone else. I don't rate my question wasn't difficult or breaking any rules.

The reasons are from what i've seen in the past few matches - tight at the back against Stevenage, Cambridge, Salford for the majority and today second half. Glimpses from some players that they want it, Hurst/Crookes/Legge/Rodney - more of an understanding of the squad - I.E not to start Guthrie at all - he knows now that it looks like Taylor cant be arsed - players to come back from injury, more games at home in the near future - performances from teams that we've already played this season that makes me think we can pick up points again in the future.

I also take heart from DC's interviews, better than Askey's. That's something? I know there isnt loads to take away, but i'll find what I can and try and make an assessment on it, which is I think they'll just about stay up.

I never said DC was clueless. I said he hasn't got a clue what to do at the moment due to his options. The results show that. There's a big difference between the two though.

No, like 99% of people here I've got no experience in football outside of playing for teams quite a few years back now. I've already said at least a few times that I don't believe Clarke is to blame. He needs to take some responsibility like all managers. If he can't get a tune out of us when our better players are on the pitch only then can he start to be criticized.

Unless we can magically get the likes of Oyeleke, Amoo and Pope on the pitch, along with Worrall, very soon then I think we're as good as screwed.

Advert

Q) Theo 'the donkey' Robinson has 95% of the goal line open. Does he 
1) Hit it towards the open goal
2) Hit it at an easy height straight at the keeper who thankfully somehow fumbles it into the path of another Vale striker who is actually competent 

5Mb4UHf.png
Have a look at the similar one Pepe mishit for Arsenal today. He cost 72m. When the ball is coming across it isn't always that easy despite what we all think sat in our armchairs.

Shouldn't get fooled by the couple of consolation goals at the end. They were more Cheltenhams doing than our own. 
We are so slow paced when we try to pass the ball. Just completely static off in terms of any movement off the ball. And don't get me started on that complete stiff Guthrie, he is absolutely shocking. I can't see any justification in future to have him in the team over Swan.
Were 2 of their goals not our doing rather than theirs?

1 minute ago, wotsyobeef said:
2 hours ago, Doha said:
Q) Theo 'the donkey' Robinson has 95% of the goal line open. Does he 
1) Hit it towards the open goal
2) Hit it at an easy height straight at the keeper who thankfully somehow fumbles it into the path of another Vale striker who is actually competent 

5Mb4UHf.png

Have a look at the similar one Pepe mishit for Arsenal today. He cost 72m. When the ball is coming across it isn't always that easy despite what we all think sat in our armchairs.

He's a professional footballer. He is supposed to stand there and practice this very thing, first time shots from a rolled square ball, over and over and over again 5 days a week for his entire career. I did it over and over again when I was about 8 playing for the dog and duck kids team. 

The difference with actual players like Pepe is that for Pepe it's a once in a blue moon. For Robinson it's every fcking attempt. Dreadful signing. 1 league goal from a man who's middle name is, genuinely, Ronaldo. You couldn't fcking write it. 

He’s had a good first season. Just think his confidence is down. Last few games, he seems unwilling to have a shot at goal. Just my opinion
I'm beginning to sound like a broken record now but he is so much better on the left. He feels comfortable cutting in onto his right.

24 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Oldham is a must win. When you look that it’s Bolton next who havent lost in 9 doesn’t fill me with much hope then it’s play off chasing Newport. We need something to happen for us, bit of luck, own goal, 40 years screamer anything because we need to win some games because the bottom three will all pick up some wins but I’m failing to see where we will. Tuesday night is the one for me. The key is like a lot of mentioned we desperately need Amoo, Worrall, manny and pope available. Just to give us a lift. If we go down then Clarke would’ve had 18 games and quite deservedly we go down if we can’t get out of from there. We’re a poor team and I’m certain we could get rid of every single player for next season and start again and we would be far better. These aren’t no where near good enough footballers. 

The owner wasted far too much time in releasing Askey and not providing a manager with funds to go out and sign some players. yet she can afford to hire flircroft and pay money to Walsall as well as paying Askey and Kevan’s contract off. Huge mistake from her that could cost us our league status. I suppose we could say that’s the inexperience of running a football club. 

According to Carol at the Flitcroft press conference we had already spent our maximum on players.

7 minutes ago, 1 said:

Oldham, Colchester, Grimsby, Southend all on very hot and cold runs. Nothing to be worried about. 3 wins will be more than enough. Starting with Oldham

Well we have 3 wins in our last 22 games so getting another 3 in the next 12 might be something of a challenge

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

They were 11th, 4 points ahead of us, Now they're 18th, 4 points ahead of us.

My apologies - they were! On 36pts. Since then, they've dropped 7 places, only gaining 2 points in that period. They are in the mix if that continues?

He's a professional footballer. He is supposed to stand there and practice this very thing, first time shots from a rolled square ball, over and over and over again 5 days a week for his entire career. I did it over and over again when I was about 8 playing for the dog and duck kids team. 
The difference with actual players like Pepe is that for Pepe it's a once in a blue moon. For Robinson it's every fcking attempt. Dreadful signing. 1 league goal from a man who's middle name is, genuinely, Ronaldo. You couldn't fcking write it. 
Have you watched the Pepe one? He barely hit the ball on his stronger foot. Robinson hit the target on his weaker foot resuting in a rebound and a goal. I'm sure I can remember one earlier in the season that he scored from a cross on his weaker foot too.

I'm not saying Robinson is the answer to our prayers, is good or should even be starting but to criticise him for hitting the target with a first time shot on his weaker foot is very poor form. There is plenty else you can criticise him for but his is not it.

Every weekend there are examples of much better players doing much worse from similar situations. I just happened to use one from today as an example. You did put a picture up though.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I heard a rumour and I stress a rumour that Clarke got rid of the fitness coach the other day.  

Maybe it's a new fitness guy if any truth 

Yes Clarke has brought his own fitness coach in. 

11 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Have you watched the Pepe one? He barely hit the ball on his stronger foot. Robinson hit the target on his weaker foot resuting in a rebound and a goal. I'm sure I can remember one earlier in the season that he scored from a cross on his weaker foot too.

I'm not saying Robinson is the answer to our prayers, is good or should even be starting but to criticise him for hitting the target with a first time shot on his weaker foot is very poor form. There is plenty else you can criticise him for but his is not it.

Every weekend there are examples of much better players doing much worse from similar situations. I just happened to use one from today as an example. You did put a picture up though.

In fairness I am genuinely surprised Ronaldo actually did get it on target, if it was a 'spot the ball' competition screenshot you'd probably put your X on somewhere around the advertising boards on the left. 

Archived