onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

12 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I've got huge concern though mate that we are pinning hopes on players who have had long term injury. I know Worrall will of only missed 4 or 5 but he's bound to be thrust in. 

Although having said that what are our other options ? 

We all want Worrall back but can we afford for him to break down,one problem we have had is we seem to just rush players back only to see them break down again,happened with Monty,Gibbons,Worrall,Amoo,Manny etc. I think us not having a reserve team hasn't helped,that used to help with fitness and recovery imo

Advert

13 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Wow, 8 wins all season. No balance needed 

Tbf you haven't liked or wanted him from day one so i doubt you will ever find any positive... i wanted Adams for months and was the first to mention him on here i think BUT that's gone so i wont be knocking Clarke until he has a fair crack at it and like you i never wanted him.

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

We all want Worrall back but can we afford for him to break down,one problem we have had is we seem to just rush players back only to see them break down again,happened with Monty,Gibbons,Worrall,Amoo,Manny etc. I think us not having a reserve team hasn't helped,that used to help with fitness and recovery imo

I wonder whether leaving Worrall on for an extra 15 minutes or so at Orient when he was injured might have been a mistake.

Just now, Jermaine Holwynn said:

Would not put it past some fans to go down there and shout at the players/staff regardless. Sadly, that's where I'm at mentally with Vale fans.

I daren't look on Facebook, but I bet they are calling for blood.

What do you expect, a pat on the back, hard luck, lets go again on Tuesday night.  I am sick and tired of this bunch of cowards, but I will carry on watching every game because it is the club that I love and I won't be sorry to see all of these gone next year.  If the worst does happen, I know I will be there the last game of the season to tell them what I think of them.

The way we finished the game with Swann shining like a star scores one sets up the other has given me hope on this distressing bad result day again I mean even Joyce nearly scored that last ten mins should be the blueprint for the rest of the season .

The other 80 do not kid me that was good enough the goals we conceded are ridiculous  shame that Browns give them a leg up notice no one gives us one EVER .

If we go down which we might at least go down having a go like today when Swann and Robinson entered the fray until then we were damn well CRAP. 

I said it was either Lunacy or a master stroke in future Brown do not be quick to criticise others when you have being fault for a fair few goals yourself with you never reading crosses etc and the Walsall first goal and today's first goal to me should see you dropped .

In future keep your mouth firmly shut our futures at stake as are all yours ,as I will be quite happy see the back of under committed players ,I wouldnt say you were one but you crossing the line .

Three cleans sheets required now from you with no errors whatsoever to make up for today 

22 minutes ago, MBE said:

It is a big danger they break down again like Gibbo. We just just don't have any other options.

This is why the manager and the staff need to have a long hard look at how the players have been brought back and the workload  they’ve been doing in training and the  games too. Frankly I think both he and Amoo earlier haven’t been handled well enough purely because we’ve struggled for replacements. 

1 minute ago, valefan79 said:

What do you expect, a pat on the back, hard luck, lets go again on Tuesday night.  I am sick and tired of this bunch of cowards, but I will carry on watching every game because it is the club that I love and I won't be sorry to see all of these gone next year.  If the worst does happen, I know I will be there the last game of the season to tell them what I think of them.

Why am I always taken out of context on here?

I said I think they won't go down, based on the run of games in the future and the players due to come back. And that DC seems to have got them organised - bar individual mistakes today, the defence has improved with the exact same set of players (minus Gibbo who is a big miss).

I don't think today was good enough, but I think there's just enough between the manager and some of the squad for us to survive.

Good, you get down there on the last game of the season and shout into the wind if we go down. Will you want a pat on the back for that?

19 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

It could be worse, we could be Grimsby, we could actually be in the bottom 2, we could have a tougher run of form ahead of us, we could have more or less than 10 odd games to play with, we could have picked up 2 more injuries today and got a red card.

Sorry, this made me laugh. At least we're not *checks notes* two places below where we are now! Wish I had your optimism.

3 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Couple of new faces at today's game. Anybody got any idea who these pair are??

20210306_185106.jpg

20210306_142256.jpg

I heard a rumour and I stress a rumour that Clarke got rid of the fitness coach the other day.  

Maybe it's a new fitness guy if any truth 

Archived