onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

49 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Hope two rebounds and a bit of huffing and puffing don't allow people to forget 83 minutes of the most diabolical Port Vale football of my lifetime. Defensively Sunday League. Fewer passes than some U12 sides. 

I was absolutely incensed. Fair play to Swan and Hurst but that entire squad is an affront to our club. Release the lot in summer. Useless, useless frauds. Level it all and start again. I have absolutely zero affinity for any of them any more. 14 defeats in 23 is it? It's probably the worst spell in the club's history, considering the level of football.

Cheers for Vale for obliterating all my hope, then resuscitating it, so I still feel disappointed. 

You are right Joe.

Its just that WE NEED THIS SHOWER OF <ovf censored> to get us to safety first

Advert

2 minutes ago, Sick_Valiant said:

Terrible day again.
Don't let 2 goals tint your view of today, we were second best all over the pitch.
Barrow win and Southend pick up a good away point.
Grimsby look gone.
Fingers crossed we have enough as at the moment we look a very very poor outfit.
DC and DF have a huge amount of work to do and I hope CS has deep pockets.

Regardless of pocket depth, it's no good throwing money around if you're throwing it at a pile of sh!t. We've been clueless and lacking coherent planning for far too long,trusting people who are beyond their own level of competence. Worrying times,sadly.

50 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I don't see that he would? He got the push because he wasn't doing it with those same players - so absolutely nothing to suggest it would have changed. DC has come in...late, admittedly...and had to assess everyone, not only in training but on the pitch. I would hope, by now, that for the rest of the season, certain players will only be on the bench, at best, and the younger lads be given more chances to see if they are up to it? - young players at other clubs seem to? 

We have to have Pope, Worrall, Monty, Gibbo, even Amoo who i wouldnt normally give a shirt to, we have to have these back in the starting 11. Wouldnt waste my breath on Manny to be honest.

Yes after them the youngsters on the bench but without the ' old favourites ' back in the 11 i dont believe we have a chance with the rest of the squad.

46 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I’m not having that, we got behind them down the flanks and made something happen. Give the players some credit ffs. 

On the other hand their first goal with the Mills / brown mistake is the perfect example of giving the opposition a goal that they don’t have to work for. 

Not watched today so shouldnt really comment but did it take us 80+ plus minutes to get down the flanks and make something happen. If so why ?

Just now, Sandyford_Lion said:

Not watched today so shouldnt really comment but did it take us 80+ plus minutes to get down the flanks and make something happen. If so why ?

Keep it tight at the back lads.

The question is can we beat the following at home ?

9/03/2021 19:45 Oldham Athletic (h)

13/03/2021 15:00 Bolton Wanderers (h)

02/04/2021 15:00 Exeter City (h)

10/04/2021 15:00 Morecambe (h)

24/04/2021 15:00 Bradford City (h)

08/05/2021 15:00 Mansfield Town (h)

1 minute ago, Mario said:

Can’t see us getting more than 3 points from all them games 

48 minutes ago, Brian said:

He’s had a good first season. Just think his confidence is down. Last few games, he seems unwilling to have a shot at goal. Just my opinion

When he learns to become a footballer then i will look and credit him for it. I dont hold my breath though.

Hes had 7 years or more at top acadamy clubs, if he doesnt know now what and when to do it, he never will. Yes hes strong, yes he has a great shot and yes when he has scored there have been some great goals but inbetween i wouldnt have him on the pitch. Problem is we have no one better who shows any possibility of scoring.

1 minute ago, Mario said:

I think the away games at Colchester,Barrow and Grimsby will be massive

7 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

I didn’t either but with Mills and Crookes as full backs I’m surprised we got down the flanks at all.

Archived