onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

8 hours ago, SuperHuman said:

I’m sure that Taylor does his upmost to not get involved in the game. He barely touches the ball. 

Clearly he had a purple patch for us previously and is a very, very average player. I never particularly rated him back then, I thought his overall game was very basic, but if he scored a goal every three games then nobody could argue. If he's not getting goals then he's not offering anything.

Advert

2 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

Never said I was happy - said I don't think we would go down.

And because there's enough games left in the season, with players to come back.

Why is it a weird concept to people that i'm not looking to shoot myself after Vale losing? I get it's bad, I just don't think it's as bad as a lot of posters on here would have it.

It is that bad though. We are 4th bottom in league 2. I can’t remember our last win. We’re bottom since 1st November and have a bunch of players who don’t want to play for port vale. Sides below have games in hand and are actually picking up points. I don’t see how it could be any worse. 

We do have players to come back, however how long will they last? Amoo and manny won’t last long same for Monty and probably even wozza. There’s enough games for us to turn it around correct, but that’s the same for the other sides down there. We have to improve and fast otherwise we will go down

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Clearly he had a purple patch for us previously and is a very, very average player. I never particularly rated him back then, I thought his overall game was very basic, but if he scored a goal every three games then nobody could argue. If he's not getting goals then he's not offering anything.

I thought he was class last season and couldn’t understand why we didn’t replace him in the summer. He does look a complete shadow of that player and maybe it was a purple patch (didn’t impress for Scunthorpe either) another signing potentially that Clarke may not have wanted 

55 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Today has simply gone the way I expected it to - a bottom 4 team bereft of confidence, away against an in-form top of the table team. We can't keep saying "it's only Cheltenham" "It's only FGR" - these teams have progressed over the last 3 - 4 years while we haven't, except in ownership. Their job is a huge one. We desperately need a few points to retain our status. There are still 3 teams under us, and the likes of Colchester and Mansfield are also in free fall.

I'm not being a happy clapper, or any other insult you want to throw my way - just hopeful! A home win against anyone would help to change things. 

Get in Swan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have an awful run of fixtures and perhaps its good to get them out of the way with so many players missing. Once we have a full squad to pick from , that is when we need the 4 wins for safety.

Hope its sooner than later.

Oldham are on a poor run but their away form is very good i think. It is a must for at least a point.

Terrible day again.
Don't let 2 goals tint your view of today, we were second best all over the pitch.
Barrow win and Southend pick up a good away point.
Grimsby look gone.
Fingers crossed we have enough as at the moment we look a very very poor outfit.
DC and DF have a huge amount of work to do and I hope CS has deep pockets.

49 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

How do you explain our 'goals for' column?

We've scored more than Newport and Bolton who are 6th and 7th in the league.

What good is it doing us.

What good is 6 against Bolton and 5 against Southend when we then cant score and dont even look like scoring  for many games after.

Sometimes performances in a game just click and you do get the run of the ball.

The league shows that Bolton are a far better all round team than we are.

9 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I thought he was class last season and couldn’t understand why we didn’t replace him in the summer. He does look a complete shadow of that player and maybe it was a purple patch (didn’t impress for Scunthorpe either) another signing potentially that Clarke may not have wanted 

I know he scored a couple of important goals but I used to forget he was on the pitch and nothing has changed for me Scunthorpe didnt lose any sleep on him going,he's another one whos got into the club on the back of favourites coat tails.

And now were lumbered with him who on Gods earth sanctiond this ?

Asked took over and scraped over the line - away from relegation. Then had an ok season cut short. Diabolical 3rd, then sacked.

Clarke is following suit based on that, so should have a good season next year.

1 minute ago, 1 said:

Asked took over and scraped over the line - away from relegation. Then had an ok season cut short. Diabolical 3rd, then sacked.

Clarke is following suit based on that, so should have a good season next year.

Hmm getting promotion away at Maidenhead last game of the season ?

7 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

We have an awful run of fixtures and perhaps its good to get them out of the way with so many players missing. Once we have a full squad to pick from , that is when we need the 4 wins for safety.

I agree we that however the problem is we have many players missing since October. 6 months on still waiting.

We need minimum 5 points from the next 3 home games. Oldham now a must win game.

Archived