onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Thought we were absolutely hopeless today. Good last 5/10 mins but utter garbage before that. Joyce is awful, Conlon bang average at best and that fraud Robinson needs sticking in the reserves. I have never seen a player so bad for vale. If you a bad player fair enough but at least <ovf censored> try. He’s lazy, disinterested and to top it off useless! Guthrie isn’t much better either. Thanks to everyone for waiting to hire a manager after the window and signing that donkey. Top stuff 

Advert

Just now, PV1973 said:

I know it’s all theoretical, but take away the terrible mistake for the first and maybe we wouldn’t be saying it was diabolical away at the league leaders. But it’s all ifs and buts, we did make the mistake to gift them the lead and we had a mountain to climb. For me we are gifting teams too many easy goals, the other 2 goals had unmarked players queuing up to score. Throw in the fact we’ve been struggling to create and it’s a disaster. 

Saying Conlon has been crap all season is just ridiculous and over reacting because he made a mess of a free kick today. 

Mistakes have been commonplace since November.

It's not bad luck. Its professional footballers, well-remunerated for their work, not doing the most basic of jobs. The defending has been comical for months. 

I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of all of them. 

1 minute ago, Guppys left peg said:

Shouldn't get fooled by the couple of consolation goals at the end. They were more Cheltenhams doing than our own. 

We are so slow paced when we try to pass the ball. Just completely static off in terms of any movement off the ball. And don't get me started on that complete stiff Guthrie, he is absolutely shocking. I can't see any justification in future to have him in the team over Swan.

Their goals were because of us. We gifted goals again like at Salford etc.

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I know it’s all theoretical, but take away the terrible mistake for the first and maybe we wouldn’t be saying it was diabolical away at the league leaders. But it’s all ifs and buts, we did make the mistake to gift them the lead and we had a mountain to climb. For me we are gifting teams too many easy goals, the other 2 goals had unmarked players queuing up to score. Throw in the fact we’ve been struggling to create and it’s a disaster. 

Saying Conlon has been crap all season is just ridiculous and over reacting because he made a mess of a free kick today. 

I feel the last few games have been like this.

"If only" Brown didn't mess up we'd have drawn 2-2 today.

"If only" Rodney had pulled the trigger against Salford, they wouldn't have broken away and we'd have drawn 0-0.

"If only" that worldie goal against Cambridge had flown over the bar, 99 times out of 100 it would have done and we'd have got a 0-0.

But why is it that we can't get a break? Are we just that bad?

3 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Shouldn't get fooled by the couple of consolation goals at the end. They were more Cheltenhams doing than our own. 

I’m not having that, we got behind them down the flanks and made something happen. Give the players some credit ffs. 

On the other hand their first goal with the Mills / brown mistake is the perfect example of giving the opposition a goal that they don’t have to work for. 

Fully expect to be called a tool or say I've got rose tinted glasses.

But I've paid for all games on iFollow this season so feel like I can have a say.

I don't think were going to go down, even after that today, I still think there's enough games to survive - and it does feel in some way that DC has got a reaction out of the players (who in the main part are poor) that he has been dealt with. I can see the results don't reflect this, but I think the tactics and gameplans he has had to implemented - to a degree - have looked effective.

I think there's been enough games now to know who he wants to start, players who have made a claim and players who have been non existent. 

For example - Guthrie surely can't be starting the next 2 home games we have, just start with Swann and Rodney up top, or even Swann and Robinson. I didn't think Hurst would be up to it, but I think he's showing willing and getting better. The defines does look more solid with the 4 we had today, we just had shocking individual errors. Would not be against just shipping mills out when we have another right back on the books - for now just is what it is.

However much you don't like Manny - when he's fit he plays, and with Taylor THIS out of form, just get Burgess or Whitehead in there - either of I don't think had terrible showings in previous games.

Amoo to come back, Worrall to come back - maybe other injuries can come back quicker, maybe the size of the squad is the thing that barely keeps us.

I have faith in DC though weirdly, way more than I had in Askey.

We played the top few teams recently? 10 plus games left this season, win home games, tight at the back away and make it difficult, I think we'll be oright. I'll say as well i'm not 'happy' with this, I just expect us not to go down, feel like there's a run of results around the corner.

*removes tin hat and wonders if anyone out there will give this a like.*

"If only" Rodney had pulled the trigger against Salford, they wouldn't have broken away and we'd have drawn 0-0.
"If only" that worldie goal against Cambridge had flown over the bar, 99 times out of 100 it would have done and we'd have got a 0-0.

Yes

20 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Rodney looks shot ?

Hes our saviour if you listen to the many on here.

Before he scores the wonder goals he needs to become a footballer

He’s had a good first season. Just think his confidence is down. Last few games, he seems unwilling to have a shot at goal. Just my opinion

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

Because we don’t seem to be able to make our own luck, yet we seem to very easily gift teams goals with howlers. 

2 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

Fully expect to be called a tool or say I've got rose tinted glasses.

But I've paid for all games on iFollow this season so feel like I can have a say.

I don't think were going to go down, even after that today, I still think there's enough games to survive - and it does feel in some way that DC has got a reaction out of the players (who in the main part are poor) that he has been dealt with. I can see the results don't reflect this, but I think the tactics and gameplans he has had to implemented - to a degree - have looked effective.

I think there's been enough games now to know who he wants to start, players who have made a claim and players who have been non existent. 

For example - Guthrie surely can't be starting the next 2 home games we have, just start with Swann and Rodney up top, or even Swann and Robinson. I didn't think Hurst would be up to it, but I think he's showing willing and getting better. The defines does look more solid with the 4 we had today, we just had shocking individual errors. Would not be against just shipping mills out when we have another right back on the books - for now just is what it is.

However much you don't like Manny - when he's fit he plays, and with Taylor THIS out of form, just get Burgess or Whitehead in there - either of I don't think had terrible showings in previous games.

Amoo to come back, Worrall to come back - maybe other injuries can come back quicker, maybe the size of the squad is the thing that barely keeps us.

I have faith in DC though weirdly, way more than I had in Askey.

We played the top few teams recently? 10 plus games left this season, win home games, tight at the back away and make it difficult, I think we'll be oright. I'll say as well i'm not 'happy' with this, I just expect us not to go down, feel like there's a run of results around the corner.

*removes tin hat and wonders if anyone out there will give this a like.*

You’re a tool 😆

Archived